The so-called "Otto's Army" should be ashamed... | Syracusefan.com

The so-called "Otto's Army" should be ashamed...

They were all at the Duke Game. I said this the other day, but this is the worst year attendance wise for the student section I've seen, and precisely why they aren't seated court side.
I would think weather plays a role.

Yes I know the "locals" still go.

GoHamSU said:
I would think weather plays a role. Yes I know the "locals" still go.
I'm not buying that one. I see those morons walking to and from games all winter in their t-shirts. I don't think the cold bothers them.

I'm not buying that one. I see those morons walking to and from games all winter in their t-shirts. I don't think the cold bothers them.

Those morons are probably the ones there today.

They're just kids. Kids who stay up too late and can't get up in the morning.

The Louisville student section attendance was pathetic, too. What's the excuse for that? And don't say they had to study or go to bed early for their 11:00am classes

Those morons are probably the ones there today.
if i remember my undergrad years right(not at su) and read some of my old posts--i believe i fit that the moron category---however, my grad school performance was outstanding-- i made it to average---and rutgers had a good grad school--go orangemen

I would think weather plays a role.

Yes I know the "locals" still go.

People who actually have to drive, come from all around CNY, not just locals. Everyone else is showing up except for the ones who actually go to the school and live on campus.

It's a problem.

I graduated last year. Usually made it in time for the 2nd half for noon games. Rip me if you want. It is what it is.

Noon games suck. I missed most of the first half because I actually had stuff to do this morning and forgot the game was on.

Looked like the student section filled in after the half. The student section wasn't the reason we lost.

Between the weak student section and the "Bowie" jersey, the actual basketball team was the least inept thing in the Carrier Dome today.

Something's gotta change.

Students can't wake up for a noon Saturday game after a hard night of partying. They show up for later start times usually.

You just can't expect a packed student section for tip off of a Noon game. It will never happen. The section itself is massive.

As for the noise, you can't pin that on the students. The entire dome is sitting on their hands the entire game, save for 1 key defensive possession in the 2nd half.

Our students pay for tickets unlike a lot of schools. This is disappointing but that stuff should be factored in.
They also get the some of the crappiest seats in the house.

When I was a student, we were given great seats- 15-20 rows up, parallel to the FT line, opposite the SU bench.

Didn't make much noise. That's been consistent through out the year though.

The loudest moment came during a timeout in the second half when a camera man came up to 304 and panned some of the overflow section. They stood and cheered then.

As someone else said, when people ask why students aren't given midcourt seats, show 2014-2015 as Exhibit A. There are some great diehards in the student fanbase, but by and large the student body is made up of front-runners who aren't basketball fans.

Not an indictment, just the way it is.

You just can't expect a packed student section for tip off of a Noon game. It will never happen. The section itself is massive.

As for the noise, you can't pin that on the students. The entire dome is sitting on their hands the entire game, save for 1 key defensive possession in the 2nd half.
You can pin it on them when mid major student sections make more noise than them and are way more creative than them. They do a terrible job if you compare.

They also get the some of the crappiest seats in the house.

When I was a student, we were given great seats- 15-20 rows up, parallel to the FT line, opposite the SU bench.

59244354.jpg