THE SUPER OFFICIAL, FOOTBALL-TALK THREAD | Syracusefan.com

THE SUPER OFFICIAL, FOOTBALL-TALK THREAD

Scooch

Living Legend
I have given all of you who express your disgust about threads about uniforms, social media, Rutgers, etc. a beautiful, pristine, handsome thread to talk FOOTBALL.

Apparently some of you are incapable of starting such threads, so this is the thread to talk FOOTBALL.

Xs and Os.

Two deeps.

Thoroughly researched analysis of penalty-calling patterns by each ACC official.

Whatever, as long as it is FOOTBALL TALK.

Don't blow your chance, get at it.

Scooch said:
I have given all of you who express your disgust about threads about uniforms, social media, Rutgers, etc. a beautiful, pristine, handsome thread to talk FOOTBALL. Apparently some of you are incapable of starting such threads, so this is the thread to talk FOOTBALL. Xs and Os. Two deeps. Thoroughly researched analysis of penalty-calling patterns by each ACC official. Whatever, as long as it is FOOTBALL TALK. Don't blow your chance, get at it.

To be fair there is just the right amount of orange in the Rutgers uni. Saw a pick of it on the Twitter ;).

JoeSU said:
I'm guessing that the word "pantone" is not allowed.

HELL no!

FOOTBALL only.

In our base defensive formations, is the weak side linebacker taught to shoot the A-gap, or hold still in base cover two formation?

One thing I'm looking forward to/concerned about is how well the hurry up operates against Villanova. If the reports are true that things have been simplified/Hunt's taken a step forward/the line is in great shape/we've streamlined playcalling and communication/McDonald has grown as an OC... that'll reveal itself pretty early, much like the disorganization revealed itself early last season.

If we actually are going to play fast and can execute, and take on the identity of the Northeast's speedy offense, I think we can start dreaming big.

You're really trying to get this thread hijacked.

Are you going to be @ the Nova game?

lol, my bad. Bored at work.

As long as all my flights go smooth, I will be at Nova. Changing the game to Friday night killed me. If everything goes well, I land in Rochester at 2:30 Friday.. Heading straight to the dome.

I think we should talk about Larry Fedora's six pack. Did I mention I've met him while he was hammered at 2 AM before? Good times! Football, what's a football?

I can't wait to see how the uniforms look on the field!

flag-fb-620x251.jpg

One thing I'm looking forward to/concerned about is how well the hurry up operates against Villanova. If the reports are true that things have been simplified/Hunt's taken a step forward/the line is in great shape/we've streamlined playcalling and communication/McDonald has grown as an OC... that'll reveal itself pretty early, much like the disorganization revealed itself early last season.

If we actually are going to play fast and can execute, and take on the identity of the Northeast's speedy offense, I think we can start dreaming big.

I agree with this sentiment. I get so excited and sucked in about this time every year and buy in to coach speak and drink the Kool aid. Then see a dud (for the most part) in game 1. I hope that doesnt happen and that everything is what it sounds like. I will always love and follow this team...and I will always believe coach speak and drink kool aid. But it would be fun to actaully be wowed by this team early and often.

Last edited:
Giants tickets came last week, each game has the Giant GOAT for a specific position on it.

lot of usual suspects, LT, Gifford, Strahan, Amani etc...

talking point is...Eli over Simms.

discuss