The Talk | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The Talk

I’d be very upset if anyone has checked out at this point. We still have everything to play for. However unlikely it may be, we still have a chance. I want players that stay with it until the season is over.

with his complete lack of caring / effort on defense , he needs to go on GP alone. its truly gross and I've never seen anyone that laced up em for this university consistently care / try less on that end of the court . We've had plenty of bad defenders, but nobody that put forth this degree of WGAF.
He initially hangs close to the person he is defending but is too slow to stay in front. Gets beat every time and his frustration is obvious as he starts to foul on successive plays.

It's not that good for a three and no d

I don't disagree with that. I was taking your statement in a vacuum that 75% wasn't good, when by itself, it is. Certainly isn't good enough to have him on the court as much as we do, given his other shortcomings.

Players we need to replace next year ---

Mintz (NBA)
Cuffe
Bell
Taylor
McLeod
Benny
Patterson
Carey
Copeland
Hima

These players are either too one-dimensional to be a big-time P5 starter or too inconsistent. I understand that we will not turn the roster over that much but that is who needs to be replaced...

If they want to stay they need to be recruited over and be open to an off-the-bench role otherwise peace.

Foundation for next year

JJ - Westry - Brown - Freeman - Moore

People thought I was crazy lol :) Cuffe and Bell will stay. Maybe McLeod and Patterson. This was my guess 3 months ago. lol

People thought I was crazy lol :) Cuffe and Bell will stay. Maybe McLeod and Patterson. This was my guess 3 months ago. lol
Still think Judah is NBA bound?

IMG_4987.gif

Portal wish list
1) 6'10, 240 lbs. Not necessarily to start, but in a rotation with Brown/Freeman. Carolina ate us up down low. That's not most teams, but there will be others
2) 6'6, 210. Wing with mid to upper 30% 3pt accuracy. Moore has a shot, Freeman range has been expanding. would give us at least 2-3 wing shooters on the court at all times. Bell would be great off the bench, he either is on or he isn't, and i hate his D. Taylor should have gone to Va, where they set picks and use more motion that matters
3) Hima physically unable to play. Carey, great warmup dunk skills, but so what. One or both should be gone depending of # scholarships
#1, check

I don't see #2 happening. If our plans is for Bell to come off the bench (which I actually like), he's likely holding hands with Brown on his way out.

Last year.

Wasn't he almost 40% the year before?
Where does he help us? He turns the ball over at a higher rate than Girard did when he was the PG.

He is a worse shooting better defensive version of JJ. If we didn’t have Cuffe, Moore and Westry I’d take him, but he’s redundant with our current roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom