The timing of these articles are a joke | Syracusefan.com

The timing of these articles are a joke

Wouldnt be surprised
(Just in case it wasn't clear, I was being sarcastic because, well, duh...screw these sensationalist journalists)

I would have bet my life savings that some jackass reporter would have posted an article before our game tomorrow. Im shocked it took until wednesday.

Coincidence my a$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without knowing about this article, I was thinking today about Hopkins and USC and thinking on how odd that was that he interviewed during the season and that nothing has come out of it so far. Was USC in a big hurry to interview Hop or is Hop ready to jump ship and wants to get his ducks in a row.

the NCAA is so mad at Jim Boeheim, they are trying to push Mike Hopkins into taking that shitty USC job

Without knowing about this article, I was thinking today about Hopkins and USC and thinking on how odd that was that he interviewed during the season and that nothing has come out of it so far. Was USC in a big hurry to interview Hop or is Hop ready to jump ship and wants to get his ducks in a row.

They were just talking about that on "Upon further review", a caller brought it up. The guys said that they think "Hop just wants to be a head coach" and didnt think this had anything to do with him taking the interview.

He's the "head coach in waiting"... all these "violations" happened under his watch too... If he isnt man enough to stick out the punishments (if this is all legit) then I dont want him as a coach anyway

The Post Standard article has been sitting in standby for weeks, I guarantee you that. They held the story out of respect for the program, but it would have ran eventually. Once Dodd went with his strategically planned story today, the PS decided to go with what they had.

This is the worst kept story of all time. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that the story was about to break about a big investigation, Coach was going to have to retire, Gross has asked him to step down Blah Blah Blah... I would be flying out west to watch the game for free. This is not news when I been hearing about it for 4 months. It will be what it will be and we have at game tomorrow night and hope to beat their &^@. If Depaul had an investigation do you think it would be done today??? I don't think so... Bunch of crap.

Jared E. Smith@JaredSmithCNY9m
Mike Waters: "This isn't a huge shock. This is a catch-and-grab because of the timing of the Tournament."

This comment about sums it up as recycled crap; “As we said last year at this time, we are collaborating with the NCAA as part of an ongoing inquiry,” Kevin Quinn, SU’s senior vice president for public affairs, said Wednesday in an email.

The media is just as much of a joke as anything else. Problem is there is no media to police the media.

Didnt dodd pick montana to beat syracuse? Conspiracy !

The media is just as much of a joke as anything else. Problem is there is no media to police the media.

And the more cutbacks you see at newspapers and alike, the worse it's going to get.

Syracuse has violated everything in the book and the NCAA has been investigating for years.

If we'd violated everything in the book, why would an investigation take years?

If you gave an order that Santiago wasn't to be touched, and your orders are always followed, then why would he be in danger? ;)

I would have bet my life savings that some jackass reporter would have posted an article before our game tomorrow. Im shocked it took until wednesday.

Coincidence my a$$

Dood certainly fits the description of a "jackass reporter".

what the he11 is taking espn (at least online) so long to run with this? nothing on the site yet...

If this program is muckin around in the dirt I want to be the first one to know, I want no part in a corrupt program... but if these blatantly obvious agenda-driven media f*ckers pull off this $@*#ing stunt the day before the tourney starts without any info, details, or evidence to back it up, they can go painfully %@#$ themselves.

And the more cutbacks you see at newspapers and alike, the worse it's going to get.
Um, the whole fact they have to make cutbacks is because we stop giving them money or paying attention to them ... which is kinda the best, most trustworthy sort of police the media could have.

Um, the whole fact they have to make cutbacks is because we stop giving them money or paying attention to them ... which is kinda the best, most trustworthy sort of police the media could have.

What?

Stop paying attention to the media?

Now I've heard everything.

When SU wins the national title, I'm going to ignore the story if the media reports it.

Yeah, I know, sucks right? ... that news all comes from one singular source instead of from thousands. Hate that. Otherwise we could, maybe, choose to reward responsible sources and ignore the scumbags. Just a thought, spitballing it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom