the tony bennett face | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

the tony bennett face

I read the game posts over at the Sabre.com. Good god i don't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Lots of carnage.

Good fans who got their souls crushed in a nano second. It happened so fast that there was no time for panic. Emotions went from Joy to despair in about 3 posts.

But boy, every fan base thinks their players get hacked and the refs let their players get murdered.

But boy, every fan base thinks their players get hacked and the refs let their players get murdered.

Honestly, it was pretty shocking to read to me. I mean, do they watch their team play defense every game?

I watch every Syracuse game and I can say we probably get away with some travels and a moving screen here and there...and maybe a hack inside here and there. But we don't play the zone very handsy .

I can watch a UVA (or Pitt) game and say without fail, if a ref wanted to, they could blow the whistle on every play. It's a constant hand check, hip check, nudge, shove fest.

I think Bennett is a very good coach who has thus far built a good program at UVA. Great coach is a bit early for me because at some point you do need to break through deep into the post season. That said its much much harder to do that in the NCAAT than most fans seem to think. The guy seems like a class act, is well spoken and for the most part the kids in his program seem to reflect that. So I felt sort of bad for him. There were some things he could do but the bottom line was that SU had one of the greatest 8min stretches of college bball you will see while his team managed to miss a few opportunities and make a few turnovers during that same stretch. Yes he was out coached by a HOF coach but also his players were out played and out executed by ours. He looks shell shocked because he was and that has never happened to one of his teams at UVA ever to that point. For it to happen with such a strong squad on that stage was surely shocking to him.

It will be telling how good of a coach he is next year given what's graduating.

He was exposed as a bit hapless in those final 10 minutes. Then again, how many times do you go against an HOFer that's coached Olympians...and whose success still relies on 20-years olds to WIN a 2-on-1 (but didn't)?

This is why I watch and don't pretend to coach.

I read the game posts over at the Sabre.com. Good god i don't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Lots of carnage.

Good fans who got their souls crushed in a nano second. It happened so fast that there was no time for panic. Emotions went from Joy to despair in about 3 posts.

Can't really blame them, its not like they get this far too often. Literally everything went right for us in the last ten mins, I couldn't believe it was happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom