The Upside and the Downside - Georgia Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Upside and the Downside - Georgia Tech

Swc, I was trying to tell you then, and I repeat now:

"Better topics, IMO, would be 1. Best 3pt shooting SU teams ever, 2. SU teams that took the most 3pt shots per game 3. The most dangerous low (?) seeded SU teams."

This could be a dangerous team, if they can make it in. Although flawed, this team has a lot of talent.

I think a streak of consecutive winning seasons that is approaching historical levels is a very good topic, indeed.

-
- I was disappointed in the halftime ceremony for the ’75 team. They had a couple of pre-recorded sentences form J , the introductions, a team picture, (a couple of guys are deceased), and then they walked off the court because it was time for the lame half-time contests. How about a 5-10 minute documentary on that season with some sound bites from some of the players and coaches? Most of the people in the Dome were probably born after that season and they may not realize the significance of what they were seeing. That run to the Final Four did for the basketball program what the Nebraska game did for the football program the next decade.

New regime same story. SU is terrible at ceremonies. Maybe the Dome staff is to blame instead of the athletic dept?

I see no reason not to have fun celebrating achievements when they happen. There was a very real question about whether this team could achieve this. Now that they are doing it we should all be happy about it, not ignore it.

As to that radio host, he won't be hearing from me at all. I patronize the businesses that act as if they want me as a customer.

64231077.jpg

I think a streak of consecutive winning seasons that is approaching historical levels is a very good topic, indeed.

I agree. The summer following SU's last losing season featured Woodstock and the first moon landing.

I agree that could be a good topic soon, what the longest streak is/has been in college bball, all of college sports, and then maybe pro sports.

That's much better than trying to go into the details of how we could get above .500 this year. Not only was that a simple formula, it was overly pessimistic.

I agree that could be a good topic soon, what the longest streak is/has been in college bball, all of college sports, and then maybe pro sports.

That's much better than trying to go into the details of how we could get above .500 this year. Not only was that a simple formula, it was overly pessimistic.
Well that was mentioned in the CONTEXT of whether we would continue with our winning streak. It's not a ridiculous notion considering the erratic play of this team this season.

And coming from SWC I seriously doubt it was a simple formula.

Well that was mentioned in the CONTEXT of whether we would continue with our winning streak. It's not a ridiculous notion considering the erratic play of this team this season.

And coming from SWC I seriously doubt it was a simple formula.
Well, one pretty simple way to do it was get 17 regular season wins, and it's locked up. There is no "we have to go 10-3 nonconference" or any other real analysis, just 17 regular season wins and it is done. For a lot of people - including myself and the radio guy- say no more, it was, and is, a non-issue.

There was no context, swc was trying to engage the radio guy to go into the details of getting over .500. He brought up the new more interesting aspects just now. If it weren't for the Hop debacle we could of been talking about those aspects now.

Well, one pretty simple way to do it was get 17 regular season wins, and it's locked up. There is no "we have to go 10-3 nonconference" or any other real analysis, just 17 regular season wins and it is done. For a lot of people - including myself and the radio guy- say no more, it was, and is, a non-issue.

There was no context, swc was trying to engage the radio guy to go into the details of getting over .500. He brought up the new more interesting aspects just now. If it weren't for the Hop debacle we could of been talking about those aspects now.

We were heavily favored to finish 10-3 in non-conference games at the point where I brought this up and we did. So we needed 7 ACC wins to get to 17. That isn't complicated.

I wasn't "pessimistic" about that but I was concerned about it, considering the way we'd played and JB's suspension. And when we started 0-4 in the ACC, I think everyone was concerned about it. Now that we seem to have righted the ship and it looks very likely that we will get to 17 wins and beyond, I'm happy about it and I'm sure everyone else is. When we get to 17 I think we should celebrate the achievement of our 46th consecutive winning season, then look goals beyond that.

That this should have produced any sort of controversy is amazing.

We were heavily favored to finish 10-3 in non-conference games at the point where I brought this up and we did. So we needed 7 ACC wins to get to 17. That isn't complicated.

I wasn't "pessimistic" about that but I was concerned about it, considering the way we'd played and JB's suspension. And when we started 0-4 in the ACC, I think everyone was concerned about it. Now that we seem to have righted the ship and it looks very likely that we will get to 17 wins and beyond, I'm happy about it and I'm sure everyone else is. When we get to 17 I think we should celebrate the achievement of our 46th consecutive winning season, then look goals beyond that.

That this should have produced any sort of controversy is amazing.

Is that you, Coach K?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom