Things I'm looking for tonight | Syracusefan.com

Things I'm looking for tonight

jordoo

Living Legend
1. Will JB start us off in m2m again? If not I'll be watching the guys closely to see how the zone looks.
2. If we don't fall way behind, how much do we press?
3. Will JB try any combinations that we didn't see against IUP, or will we see him start to narrow the combo's?
4. Will TylerL and AndrewW get better 3pt looks and make them, assuming we see mainly m2m defense?
5. Post scoring. How much of it can we expect from Coleman, Roberson and Lydon?
6. The guards. I'm really interested to see how much different they look from game 1 against match up zone to game 2 a week later against a defense they will see more regularly.
7. Chukwu's progress. He sat out last year so how quickly can he get up to game speed.

1. Will JB start us off in m2m again? If not I'll be watching the guys closely to see how the zone looks.
3. Will JB try any combinations that we didn't see against IUP, or we will see him start to narrow the combo's?
4. Will TylerL and AndrewW get better 3pt looks and make them, assuming we see mainly m2m defense?
6. The guards. I'm really interested to see how much different they look from game 1 against match up zone to game 2 a week later against a defense they will see more regularly.
7. Chukwu's progress. He sat out last year so how quickly can he get up to game speed.

I suspect a lot of those questions will remain unanswered if your looking for the game tonight. ;)

Me too, I might have to catch the highlights, I will be locked into the election coverage.

Just a counter-point. But nearly nothing will be known before the game is over at 9:00. For all the states that are actually in play, they won't be called until later in the night. Enjoy the game, once it's over, switch over to your news channel of choice and watch the world burn.

Just a counter-point. But nearly nothing will be known before the game is over at 9:00. For all the states that are actually in play, they won't be called until later in the night. Enjoy the game, once it's over, switch over to your news channel of choice and watch the world burn.

Thats a good point, although I am usually addicted to the election day coverage.

Excellent. This post give us an extra day to talk about what we'd like to see.

Lots of good points by the OP. I'm especially interested in the man2man question. Will Boeheim waste his time on this any longer?

Besides that, my focus will be on Andrew White. Last game gave us a good indication of the roles that Gillon and Battle will play, but I'm still a little unsure about White. What are his favorite spots, where will he be deployed defensively, will he be consistent from deep? Hoping to get a better grasp on his game and how he fits in.

I am a political nut job but I will be at that game!! In fact, it will be a relief to be (somewhat) distracted. Go Cuse!

Spolier alert: Trump ain't gonna win.

(related: nobody is going to win. We all lose tomorrow, regardless.)

Now you can enjoy the game, and not hafta worry about the other nonsense.
You're welcome.

Of course not, but I love watching the race to 270, its always fascinated me.

3. Will JB try any combinations that we didn't see against IUP, or will we see him start to narrow the combo's?
Yeh baby! I love that you posted this early. The next game never comes soon enough. I hate when there's only one game in a week.

Post scoring: Taurean Thompsom baby! That dude killed it last game. I was pleasantly surprised by his quick-thinking and agile play around the basket. Can't wait to see what else he can do.

Guards: I'm interested to see how Frankie and Johnny develop their passing skills on pick'n'rolls, oops, fast breaks, feeding the post. I remember Jimmy saying we need to do a better job getting the ball to our bigs.

Looking to see how the core rotation emerges.

The most effective unit against IUP had Lydon defending in the middle of the zone, then playing the high post on offense, with either Thompson or Roberson working inside. On offense, Battle & White set up on the perimeter, on either side of Gillon. Forget labels -- in this line-up, Battle and White played the same roles on offense. Just one game, but that line-up is the one that got us the lead.

So, looking to see how that grouping does tonight.

Good list.

I am hoping to see some transition basketball led by Gillon and Battle. Hoping DC3, TRob, Lydon or Chukwu show some ability to throw an outlet pass. I think I have seen DC3 do it a few times in the past.

I am hoping to see Battle attack the paint in the half court setting and draw fouls, score inside.

Hoping to see an extra pass regularly. Chemistry is going to be important for this team. It starts with unselfish play early.

I don't expect man to man again but it would be interesting if JB tries it.

I am hopeful there will be a lot of pressing and that this will continue all season long.

Also hoping the team runs the half court offense well and gets the ball inside to the bigs regularly. We have a huge size advantage and should be able to get the Dolphins in serious foul trouble pretty easily. This team should not play like last year, where the 3 point shot was the backbone of the offense.

I would like to see Battle hit 3 or 4 more 3's to confirm he's for real from 3.

I can't wait to see Thompson play on offense. He's terrific in the low-post.

I'd like to see Gillon get 5+ more assists. That would be very nice.

I would like to see AW3 not force any shots but hang on the wing for a catch-and-shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom