This an elite offensive team | Syracusefan.com

This an elite offensive team

As one of the announcers - can't remember who, said in a previous game, Swider is the key, along with Jesse of course. If Swider is hitting shots, the D will pay if they're throwing double teams at Buddy and Joe.

I don't think so. But they can be elite in transition when they get stops or long rebounds.

The offense works so much better when they just move the ball quickly.
I saw something in the final few minutes when Jon Bol was still in there. Lville made a basket and he grabbed the ball and immediately inbounded it before the pressure could set up. It seems like when the starters are in there, everything is slower speed and very methodical.

I saw something in the final few minutes when Jon Bol was still in there. Lville made a basket and he grabbed the ball and immediately inbounded it before the pressure could set up. It seems like when the starters are in there, everything is slower speed and very methodical.

JBA was dropping some dimes too!
Benny blew a backdoor bunny (am I allowed to say that here? Sounds dirty :p) off a sweet pass from JBA, and he hit another cutter with a perfect dime.
Plus a handoff to Sy for his 3.

Edited to add: 2 dimes (shoulda been 3) in 6 minutes.
point fowrard!!

Yep, they are a very good to great offensive team vs teams that don’t have elite defensive pressure.

I’m really interested to see Joe in the upcoming games. I honestly think he might have turned the corner, but until he does this consistently vs top teams, I still have concerns.

I don't think so. But they can be elite in transition when they get stops or long rebounds.

The offense works so much better when they just move the ball quickly.
Some very nice possessions today where the ball touched everyone’s hands ending in a wide open three. The way basketball is supposed to be played

Yep, they are a very good to great offensive team vs teams that don’t have elite defensive pressure.

I’m really interested to see Joe in the upcoming games. I honestly think he might have turned the corner, but until he does this consistently vs top teams, I still have concerns.
Your first paragraph says it all.

Still it seems like several players can drive toward the lane since Jessie has become a force so I’m optimistic. If I see this continue against Duke or other good on the ball defenders- which the ACC lacks then I will be over the moon optimistic.

The offense is beautiful to watch when Buddy doesn’t dribble. He’s an elite shooter just let that thing fly.

Ball movement and ball screens make it almost impossible to guard us with the shooting we have. There is no reason for Buddy to do his dribble back downs and today was an example of what the offense is capable of when everyone is involved.

Wins against two teams in disarray and all of a sudden this team is headed to the F4 lololololol
literally NO ONE is saying that. They’re 15 (correction 12th) in offensive efficiency on KenPom. The numbers bear out that they’ve been top 20 on offense all season. Joe has done an admirable job at PG for it not being his natural position. We all know the one thing we’re missing is a pure PG who can get into the lane at will and either score or create for others (paging KR).

I don’t need to add that the defense is sub-200 in defensive efficiency. Their rotations have been so bad, so I still think they can improve the defense somewhat, despite the athleticism deficit.

Last edited:
The offense is beautiful to watch when Buddy doesn’t dribble. He’s an elite shooter just let that thing fly.

Ball movement and ball screens make it almost impossible to guard us with the shooting we have. There is no reason for Buddy to do his dribble back downs and today was an example of what the offense is capable of when everyone is involved.
The one play in the first half where Buddy started dribbling around a pic, then stepped back and buried the three is exactly what we should see more of from Buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom