This guy looks happy. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This guy looks happy.

Offensive Line Efficiency according to FootballOutsiders.com (Run Blocking Adjusted Line Yards / Pass Blocking Adjusted Sack Rate)

Gailey Era

2010 - 20th / 17th
2011 - 12th / 1st
2012 - 7th / 10th

Marrone Er(ror)a

2013 - 16th / 29th
2014 - 26th / 20th

What a guru!

First winning season since 2004.

Three guys from 2012 on the roster two years later. If they were so great why wasn't there any consistency?

First winning season since 2004.

Three guys from 2012 on the roster two years later. If they were so great why wasn't there any consistency?
Thank you Jim Schwartz.

No one said they were great. But they were serviceable. And even the three they kept went from good to atrocious.

Thank you Jim Schwartz.

No one said they were great. But they were serviceable. And even the three they kept went from good to atrocious.
F*** Jim Schwartz. If he was so friggin good why did the Lions give up so many damn points under his leadership. I picked a random year under his tutelage, 2012 gave up 27.3/game...27th in the NFL.

F*** Jim Schwartz. If he was so friggin good why did the Lions give up so many damn points under his leadership. I picked a random year under his tutelage, 2012 gave up 27.3/game...27th in the NFL.
Maybe he's a better DC than he is a HC. Completely different skill sets.

Or maybe his players in Detroit sucked.

Maybe he's a better DC than he is a HC. Completely different skill sets.

Or maybe his players in Detroit sucked.

So the HC has no oversight into the defense his team will run?

Almost the same guys under Caldwell last year, #3 defense in the league.

You love Schwartz so much, have him.

So the HC has no oversight into the defense his team will run?

Almost the same guys under Caldwell last year, #3 defense in the league.

You love Schwartz so much, have him.
I'm not Schwartz's agent or a family member. All I know is that the Bills had the 2nd most efficient defense in the league using his scheme last season. Just two years removed from the trainwreck that was Dave Wannstache.

Schwartz being retained was the only reason I wasn't fully on the Fire Marrone train. Not that I shed a tear when he left to be the Jaguars OLine coach and Rex Ryan brought in his own defensive guys.

Like Marrone, maybe Schwartz isn't cut out to be a head coach and should be a lifetime coordinator...or in Marrone's case a lifetime position coach.