This is a Joke. NY Mets are 1 win away from the World Series. | Syracusefan.com

This is a Joke. NY Mets are 1 win away from the World Series.

CuseHulk

Starter
Get it together Cubs.

Good things the Royals will destroy the Mets in the world series.

It will be hard for the Mets not to sign Cespedes if he is a big part of a World Series victory.

Last edited:
October wins = power arms.

aka - Good pitching beats good hitting.

And like you said, it's not only good pitching, its good power pitching. Everything tightens up in the playoffs - the hitters swings, the strike zones, etc. That's why you need power arms that get people to swing and miss and make it hard to square up the ball. I'm still concerned about the Mets not having anyone who is nasty against lefties coming out of the pen.

Let's hope CuseHulk never meets Jamie Horowitz or he may give him his own First Take type show on FS1.
The hotsportztakes that come out of the Hulk's brain are amazing.

The NY Mets power arms Harvey, Syndergaard, DeGrom, Matz are exactly how you win in October. Also Daniel Murphy is pulling his Carlos Beltran 2004 postseason routine to get a 60 million dollar contract this offseason.

Today is Back to the Future II day. The Cubs can't be eliminated on October 21, 2015 can they? When according to the movie this is the day the 100-1 longshot Cubs beat Miami for the WS title. I am going to the store to buy my hoverboard today.

The Mets vs Royals will be a good series. A Power Pitching staff vs a team that never strikes out.

Why all the hate and vitriol for the Mets? Because they are currently ruining the feel good story of the Cubs? This is playoff baseball, and the better teams move on. Mets fans have been kicked around over the years too, so the Cubs don't have that market cornered. If my Mets weren't in this post season, I'd probably pull for the Cubs too, but the Mets are in it and I'm damn excited that we're one win from the Big Show. I hope they end it tonight. Like John Kreese said, "No mercy."

And F the American League. ;)

Why all the hate and vitriol for the Mets? Because they are currently ruining the feel good story of the Cubs? This is playoff baseball, and the better teams move on. Mets fans have been kicked around over the years too, so the Cubs don't have that market cornered. If my Mets weren't in this post season, I'd probably pull for the Cubs too, but the Mets are in it and I'm damn excited that we're one win from the Big Show. I hope they end it tonight. Like John Kreese said, "No mercy."

And F the American League. ;)

As a Yankee fan. I have avoided my usual TV viewing pleasure for NY Sports such as YES and SNY. Can't take it. When they lose in 5 to the Royals I will

Although Daniel Murphy will look good in Yankees pinstripes next year.

Yes it must be so tough as a Yankees fan. No World Series since 2009. That's unacceptable.

As a Yankee fan. I have avoided my usual TV viewing pleasure for NY Sports such as YES and SNY. Can't take it. When they lose in 5 to the Royals I will

Although Daniel Murphy will look good in Yankees pinstripes next year.

You know what, Hulk? When it's the Yanks in the playoffs and not the Mets, I put my NY hat on no matter what. What's wrong with the Mets winning a WS? Why are Yankee fans like you so afraid of that? "If it's not the Yanks, then keep the trophy out of New York City" is not a healthy mantra to live by. Chill out.

How can any self respecting Yankee fan pull for another American League team against a NY team? You don't see NY Jets fans jumping on the AFC bandwagon when the Giants are in the Super Bowl.

Fun fact: Royals starter Chris Young played hoops in college and put up 12 and 7 on us in our 1999-2000 debut at the Dome (box score attached).

Did he hit 4 threes? At the end of a shot clock? ;)

You know what, Hulk? When it's the Yanks in the playoffs and not the Mets, I put my NY hat on no matter what. What's wrong with the Mets winning a WS? Why are Yankee fans like you so afraid of that? "If it's not the Yanks, then keep the trophy out of New York City" is not a healthy mantra to live by. Chill out.

How can any self respecting Yankee fan pull for another American League team against a NY team? You don't see NY Jets fans jumping on the AFC bandwagon when the Giants are in the Super Bowl.

As a Mets fan I've never had any hatred for the Yankees. Posada was probably my favorite player in the game for a while. I played catcher when I was growing up and loved the way he played the position. Dude had epic NYC swagger. I used to wear a Yankees hat around town when I was in Georgia sometimes because nothing says "F you, I'm from New York" while you're in the South like a Yankees hat. It didn't matter that I'm from upstate, down there NYC and NYS are the same thing.

CuseHulk clearly needs a role model.

PeteCalvin said:
Why all the hate and vitriol for the Mets? Because they are currently ruining the feel good story of the Cubs? This is playoff baseball, and the better teams move on. Mets fans have been kicked around over the years too, so the Cubs don't have that market cornered.

How can you possibly compare these two franchises/fan bases like this?

Seriously Hulk you have an issue with the mets?? Similar to others I have no ill will towards the yanks despite being a lifetime mets fan. Watch the post game trophy presentation and I don't care who your team is... this mets team is full of good guys and deserve this on and off the field.

In defense of Hulk (Did I actually really write that???), the rivalry is more acute in the metro area and most diehard fans of one franchise will not root for the other, other than to lose every game.

If you listen to sports talk radio down here, fans call in to talk about their team and disparage the other franchise.

Let's hope CuseHulk never meets Jamie Horowitz or he may give him his own First Take type show on FS1.
The hotsportztakes that come out of the Hulk's brain are amazing.

Not gonna lie, I would probably watch that show.

After watching Catching Hell on ESPN I have zero sympathy for Cubs fans.

Yup, I wrote that in an earlier thread...

The worst part was that not one individual from that franchise stood up and said that they did not lose because of Bartman. Nobody stood up and said they lost because they choked. They all just let it happen. And when nobody from the organization said anything, politicians and news personalities started piling on...

How can you possibly compare these two franchises/fan bases like this?

Unless you are a Met fan, you don't know what its like. We have only made the playoffs 8 times in our entire history. We literally live in the shadow of the Yankees and their 27 championships. The last 5 years we have suffered through some miserable baseball, and some pretty embarrassing things from our owners and front office, and before that we had two years in a row in which our heart was ripped out on the last day of the regular season. This is finally our time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom