This is a tourny team with mccullough | Syracusefan.com

This is a tourny team with mccullough

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
I really believe we win at unc and at pitt with a healthy McCullough. We played great road games in both, had the lead basically the entire games and just wore down late, especially defensively. Even a productive BJ would have made the difference. If we're sitting at 11-4 in ACC with wins at unc at Pitt at nd and home to Louisville that's a solid resume. Plus we had 2 other close losses at home (Miami and Pitt) that we easily could have won with cmac.

If G comes back next year we're gonna be top 10 all year.

Shockingly, this team has played very well on the road this year. Given the youth and inexperience of the backcourt, you wouldn't expect it. Barring the absolute insanity in Philly, they'd have another huge road scalp in Villanova and in most years with the end of game situation at Michigan, I feel like we win that one too.

I think with McCullough, we could have not only made the dance, but done some damage.

I really believe we win at unc and at pitt with a healthy McCullough. We played great road games in both, had the lead basically the entire games and just wore down late, especially defensively. Even a productive BJ would have made the difference. If we're sitting at 11-4 in ACC with wins at unc at Pitt at nd and home to Louisville that's a solid resume. Plus we had 2 other close losses at home (Miami and Pitt) that we easily could have won with cmac.

I dont think anything in this post is wrong. We are ranked right now with Chris M. healthy. We are not even on the bubble. (6-7 seed range)
I wonder if we would have self-reported if Chris didnt get hurt...

Next year could be real good. Think about what we lost the last three seasons (Dion, Fab, KJ; MCW, Triche, JSuth,Baye; CJ, Grant, Ennis), ie multiple key guys, multiple nba type guys. Next year we could just lose Rak and gain McC and Cole back, Malachi, maybe Bryant, etc. that would be the first year in awhile we gained more key pieces than we lost. Would be nice for a change

Shockingly, this team has played very well on the road this year. Given the youth and inexperience of the backcourt, you wouldn't expect it. Barring the absolute insanity in Philly, they'd have another huge road scalp in Villanova and in most years with the end of game situation at Michigan, I feel like we win that one too.

That really is something. Someone linked an article a few weeks back about declining homecourt in the nba. Same for college it seems.

I dont think anything in this post is wrong. We are ranked right now with Chris M. healthy. We are not even on the bubble. (6-7 seed range)
I wonder if we would have self-reported if Chris didnt get hurt...
I think we self-reported due to absolute necessity. No other reason. The longer it takes for the NCAA to respond, the more I think that was the right move. But a travesty for our current players.

I think we self-reported due to absolute necessity. No other reason. The longer it takes for the NCAA to respond, the more I think that was the right move. But a travesty for our current players.

I dont think we would have self-imposed a ban unless we were 100% positive that we were going to get a 1 year ban minimally... wouldnt make sense. We had to have known a ban was coming, and that we lost our case with the NCAA. The lesser talent on this team definitely played a role in choosing this year IMO.

this is would be tourney team this year without CMcC. with him healthy and playing well, we would be ranked

If we win 2 out of 3 down the stretch (UVA and NCState) we would be in. Plus i think we would of won at least our first ACC game. 21-12 with wins over UVA, Notre Dame, Louisville, Iowa, and NC State would of given us at least 4 and possibly 5 wins against the RPI top 50. We would of received a 10 seed IMO.

this is would be tourney team this year without CMcC. with him healthy and playing well, we would be ranked

Right now our RPI is 73, but it hasn't been updated to reflect the ND win. I'm guessing that solid road win will bump us up about 10 spots. I thought ND's RPI would be higher, but it's only 27.

Basically, with an RPI around 60, we wouldn't get in - we would have more work to do down the stretch.

Basically, with an RPI around 60, we wouldn't get in - we would have more work to do down the stretch.
Yes, being outside of the Top 40 in RPI would make me very nervous on Selection Sunday.

I think it's interesting how this team is hitting its stride in late-February as opposed to many past SU teams being hot early and cooling off late.

2015 and 2016 will be years to remember imo

I keep reading "if G comes back" and wondering where G is going next year?

europe? d league? he can play for pay somewhere next year. he'll be a 5th year senior

The speculation is he can leave (take his chances in the draft/play overseas) because he will have his degree already.

To receive money to play basketball instead of playing for free. He'll be 23 in June.

In recent history I can only remember two moderately successful players (Devo and Harris ) leaving early with no expectations of being a first round draft pick. This is taking out Louie, Josh etc...

I guess it is worrisome given all the early departures recently but just would hate to see him go early. Especially given that it has only been 9-10 good games.

Right now our RPI is 73, but it hasn't been updated to reflect the ND win. I'm guessing that solid road win will bump us up about 10 spots. I thought ND's RPI would be higher, but it's only 27.

with a healthy and playing well CMcCC, we have at least another win or two. maybe Pitt, maybe UNC, maybe Nova

whats our RPI then?

In recent history I can only remember two moderately successful players (Devo and Harris ) leaving early with no expectations of being a first round draft pick. This is taking out Louie, Josh etc...

I guess it is worrisome given all the early departures recently but just would hate to see him go early. Especially given that it has only been 9-10 good games.
If Devo and Harris are what "moderately successful" players look like, sign me up for few more any time.

europe? d league? he can play for pay somewhere next year. he'll be a 5th year senior
Med school? Anything is possible, as well as coming back. IMO, if he wants to play pro ball, he should leave.

We might have been one even without him, if it wasn't for some garbage that had nothing to do with these kids, we might have made it. Another win, and one in Greensboro and we might have been dancing.

I think it's interesting how this team is hitting its stride in late-February as opposed to many past SU teams being hot early and cooling off late.
6-6 in last twelve is hitting it's stride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom