This Is Why Miner Was Wrong | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This Is Why Miner Was Wrong

I can tell you for a fact Minor never said no...it had everything to do with to make sure local contractors had a fair shot at winning bids.

COR has a history to hire cheap out of state labor to build their box stores.
I know for a fact that is total bs.

I know for a fact that is total bs.

really??? all the way from K.C. and when I was in a room when the Mayor called and explained what was going on with the B.S. bid.

really??? all the way from K.C. and when I was in a room when the Mayor called and explained what was going on with the B.S. bid.
Really if you had a clue as to how we are connected to CNY and NY politics. You of all people should know that this wasnt about local contractors. That is the cover.

Doesn't Syracuse have a more pressing matter with rt.81? Not to say it wouldn't be nice and possibly good for the economy but city budgets are bigger than stadiums. And honestly, it's not like we need a stadium. Side note:my knowledge on this and politics is very limited.

I can tell you for a fact Minor never said no...it had everything to do with to make sure local contractors had a fair shot at winning bids.

COR has a history to hire cheap out of state labor to build their box stores.
Go back and look at the first post by TexasMark. Then, why you are in a room with her, tell her she should have done that. She blew it.

For the most part I would agree. Ithaca would be the exception. Utica has been able to rehabilitate itself by brining in middle class Eastern Europeans who have grown the population and helped to raise property values.
If Utica really ever rehabs it will be because the state invests money there e.g. SUNY nano-tech facilities

Go back and look at the first post by TexasMark. Then, why you are in a room with her, tell her she should have done that. She blew it.
when was I in a room with her????
re-read my post

Really if you had a clue as to how we are connected to CNY and NY politics. You of all people should know that this wasnt about local contractors. That is the cover.
Retro. I respect that you are on her side and defending her. I get that but let me ask you a few simple questions and please try to be fair in your answers.

* Do you think that if she had been included from the start her position would have been for the project.

* Do you believe that this is a lost opportunity for Syracuse and the surrounding area.

* Do you see any other projects that Minor can bring to the city that would have even half the positive economic impact this project would have provided?

For the most part I would agree. Ithaca would be the exception. Utica has been able to rehabilitate itself by brining in middle class Eastern Europeans who have grown the population and helped to raise property values.
That would be great. My grandfather worked in Utica once a week in the 50s and 60s the pictures he had were amazing. The streets use to be packed and the city had some of the best restaurants in the state.

That would be great. My grandfather worked in Utica once a week in the 50s and 60s the pictures he had were amazing. The streets use to be packed and the city had some of the best restaurants in the state.

Used to be like that everywhere in the northeast (and elsewhere, I imagine). Sht hit the fan in mid-late 70's.

I understand Retro's POV...and I agree. We need as many local Union guys involved as feasible. There are some jobs that need skilled tradesmen and over the long run are cheaper than hiring out of state general laborers.

However, sometimes you have to put aside ego (Minor) and make things work for the good of the community. She had the opportunity to help both the Area and the University...she has failed IMHO. The amphitheater will be a nice thing to have but it will not provide a ROI that a new Dome would.

Retro...She blew it dude, the money isn't coming here. No offense but I don't care what 2nd hand information you heard and what you heard was the Mayor saving face. Fact is, she knows she blew it hence the committee to research and talk about nothing. Funny how after she shot it down, she was the only one still talking about it, committees, meetings, etc. Everyone else moved on. Saving face, no more no less.

The ball was dropped. That money that was offered was stock market surplus that had to be used. After miner turned it down some of it went to the Solvay amphitheater project and other projects around the state. All she had to do was say yes. The project wasn't going to start the next day. She had time to work out the logistics. The money would have been set into an account to be used when needed. The problem is she can't get passed her own ego.

Honestly its really not her fault, its the people who blindly voted for her while not doing their due diligence and making sure she would be the correct person to lead Syracuse years ago. We blindly just vote in any Democrat without having proper debates or research on the candidate. Its like everybody bitches about the issues after they are already in office. Let's face it there really shouldn't be Democrats and Republicans anymore because nobody ends up voting for the Republican anyways which actually hurts the entire process because your already pretty much going to lose without even starting. The process is broken.

Personally I think it's sad that with all the taxes NYers pay we have to debate fixing a horribly aging infrastructure or getting a new stadium...it's a no brainer to me, fix the infrastructure and schools. I couldn't care less about a new shiny stadium.

Honestly its really not her fault, its the people who blindly voted for her while not doing their due diligence and making sure she would be the correct person to lead Syracuse years ago. We blindly just vote in any Democrat without having proper debates or research on the candidate. Its like everybody bitches about the issues after they are already in office. Let's face it there really shouldn't be Democrats and Republicans anymore because nobody ends up voting for the Republican anyways which actually hurts the entire process because your already pretty much going to lose without even starting. The process is broken.

Please don't blame her dumb decision on the political process. The decision was hers, not the people's, her tough stance backfired on her and it cost this city the largest opportunity since the Dome was originally built.

It also p'oed Cuomo a little more since the pension thing went down...to the point that he pretty much won't acknowledge that Syracuse exists much less Miner.

Retro...She blew it dude, the money isn't coming here. No offense but I don't care what 2nd hand information you heard and what you heard was the Mayor saving face. Fact is, she knows she blew it hence the committee to research and talk about nothing. Funny how after she shot it down, she was the only one still talking about it, committees, meetings, etc. Everyone else moved on. Saving face, no more no less.

so what makes you an expert on what I had heard.... For $ 250,000 in contributions to a Cuomo PAC you too can become an expert in anything you want.

Yep...your fictitious $200 million just showed up in Buffalo and for get this...A NEW BILLS Stadium. Who woulda thunk it?

Miner is a clown, plain and simple.

that was his point though... the $200 million always existed - just was going to go keeping NFL in WNY.

Retro. I respect that you are on her side and defending her. I get that but let me ask you a few simple questions and please try to be fair in your answers.

* Do you think that if she had been included from the start her position would have been for the project.

* Do you believe that this is a lost opportunity for Syracuse and the surrounding area.

* Do you see any other projects that Minor can bring to the city that would have even half the positive economic impact this project would have provided?

She knew about this stadium long before it became public. The release of the new stadium timing is what blind sided her. Why hasn't Mahoney release that study where she used the money from the hotel surcharge tax which by the nature of it's authority doesn't have to be made public. is she hiding something.?

The inner harbor, but COR is dragging it's feet on that project.