This kid hates Syracuse with the burning fire of a thousand suns | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This kid hates Syracuse with the burning fire of a thousand suns

That's exactly how a few little kids were to me as well, a few years back at "Welcome to Clemson". Meanwhile when your kid acts like that, makes me wonder what goes on in your household.
When we went to Clemson two years ago my son was playing catch with some of the Clemson kids. They all really seemed nice. Had we beat them it may have been different.

I hate people who hate Syracuse w/ the burning fire of a thousand suns w/ the burning fire of a thousand suns.

Seriously though, he's just a kid and a dad joking around. Take it easy, all. There's no reason to care/get upset.

I saw the whole thing transpire at the game. I have to say the SU fan he was screaming at was pretty funny, I didn't find the kid's act all that amusing to be honest. He's going to be the kid you see blatting in the stands when his team loses. When LSU was up by a couple of TDs the kid came over and hugged the guy he had been screaming at.

Kid's dad: "He's mean, boy, you gotta watch him...I'm telling you!"

IMG_1147.JPG

A feral Louisiana swamp child? I kid, I'm sure little Damien is the good son.

When I was at FSU two years ago...I had about a 8 or 9 year little brat FSU fan behind me. Every time FSU scored the kid would do the Seminole Chop and use my head as his karate chop stop...annoying as hell. I turned around and glared at the mother of this brat. She thought it was hilarious. I finally told the kid to knock it off after the Mother refused to teach manners. The sad thing is this kid was at my pregame tailgate and so called friends of a Cuse fan.

My son is now 10. When we lost to Louisville in the final four three years back, he took it pretty hard and cried. We almost went to the game down in Atlanta. Had we been there he probably would have cried more. I get that kids are emotional about their teams, but had he ever acted like this kid, I would spank him in public.
I cried like a beagle on a rabbit chase after the men's b-ball loss to Indiana in the final. I couldn't sleep the whole night and was physically sick and throwing up. Now I just throw remotes, club baby seals and start house fires when I watch SU football.

Never been exposed to this personally, and I get put out when a kid kicks the back of my seat at the movies or on a plane. Seems like kids were better behaved "back in the day", but the truth is they are probably the same. As Texan Mark points out, it's the parents who are the problem. Kids just do what they do.

qOPPdJBV3d0HK.gif

Last edited:
Never been exposed to this personally, and I get put out when a kid kicks the back of my seat at the movies or on a plane. Seems like kids were better behaved "back in the day", but the truth is they are probably the same. As Texan Mark points out, it's the parents who are the problem. Kids just do what they do.

View attachment 111293
I'm only in my mid 30's and I agree that things have gotten worse recently. There aren't many parents anymore. To many kids are born to parents who are still kids or who aren't "into" setting boundaries for their children. LSU kid seems to be a prime example albeit it is a short clip so who knows what led up to that. Then again, when I was that kids age I would never have interacted with some random guy whether I was with my father or not.

I did not get along with my father all the time when I was growing up but I'd do anything for him and I know if I came to him now and said "dad, I need your help" he'd give me the shirt off of his back. I realize now that I'm the man and father I am today because of him and my mom. My kids have boundaries that are set and they know that if they don't behave a certain way there will be consequences. When we go out and they act as I expect, I'm always sure to tell them what a great job they did and how proud I am of them.

There are times when I feel as though I'm doing my kids a disservice because most parents just don't seem to care. Their little Johnny can do, or take, or act however they want and that's just the way kids act. Sorry for the OT reply...

There are way too many "time out" kids today. The parents will threaten them with putting them in timeout and rarely follow through with it. Parents are trying to parent by being friends with their children. I see it everyday. Children act the way they do because parents allow it.

There are way too many "time out" kids today. The parents will threaten them with putting them in timeout and rarely follow through with it. Parents are trying to parent by being friends with their children. I see it everyday. Children act the way they do because parents allow it.
My kid lost pretty much all his privledges before breakfast today. It’s been a fantastic day!
“What if I’m super good at school?”
“Then congrats, but you’re still grounded.”

No wonder we are all brats on this forum.

If you act up at Syracusefan.com you get a timeout (temp banning).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom