This program makes it tough to be a fan | Syracusefan.com

This program makes it tough to be a fan

I'm taking a board hiatus

the weather , tonight was unacceptable
dYryW8ZaSYqnr73nuTDr_Tom.gif

Man, I'm there through thick and thin, but the attendance at the dome next week is going to be embarrassing. Like possible record low attendance. That has me worried about the future more than anything else. How is the coaching staff going to convince anyone to come play in front of that?

Man, I'm there through thick and thin, but the attendance at the dome next week is going to be embarrassing. Like possible record low attendance. That has me worried about the future more than anything else. How is the coaching staff going to convince anyone to come play in front of that?
I'm hoping this will mean I can get great seats cheap.

Regardless of W / L and fannies in the seats they can sell perfect conditions and really good stat lines with guys that weren't their guys.

Welcome to Syracuse Football. Embrace the suck.

Last edited:
First game in 30 years I wasn't either attending, watching, or listening. Have to say I did not miss the usual Saturday gut punch this team has given me for so long. I woke up Fresh and relaxed and glad I didn't give this team a second of my time yesterday. clearly they didn't deserve a single fans support. Again I don't care what people say about wake improving. We should never lose to wake. Reading the comments I'm really confused how we are talking about rutgers dumpster fire when we have been in the middle of a rotting dumpster for way longer then they have.

It's rough. This is why I get annoyed at people who complain about those who complain about the state of the program. If you post on this forum then you bleed orange and reserve the right to complain right now.

Just wish all these "happy" posters came out to play all week, instead of after a loss.

It's rough. This is why I get annoyed at people who complain about those who complain about the state of the program. If you post on this forum then you bleed orange and reserve the right to complain right now.
Been complaining, it's not helping after that.

Just wish all these "happy" posters came out to play all week, instead of after a loss.
I have been here all week, it hasn't helped at all.

Other than Akron, this was one of our worst losses that I can remember. Against an inferior opponent by 19 points.

We had some momentum going in and took 4 steps backwards. Team was showing progress and basically lost all of it with that game. Attendance for Va Tech will be historically low for a home game next week. I haven't missed a home game in 7 years and I am thinking of not going. Va Tech is gonna boat race us, they are way better than anyone expected.

Good thing most of our home games came when nobody knew how bad we are or the attendance would be worse than our already historically low numbers.

Why can't we be the team that shows marked improvement after hiring a new coach? I thought I saw it this year but it was an illusion like usual.

Just when I thought I had traversed the desert of losses, a coach comes along that I can believe in and get behind to turn out it's just more sand. I still think he is the right coach but it's tough to believe without any improvement. I just hope he hasn't lost the locker room.

All walk up ticket sales should be free and they should give away a bowl of soup.

I know we're all fans but some of you have way too high expectations. In the ACC we may never get back to the heyday of the late 80s through 90s. The landscape and game has changed a lot since then. It's a major uphill battle right now with a lot of guaranteed losses on the schedule each year for the foreseeable future. Just look next year road games at LSU, Miami, FSU, Louisville teams that we are nowhere near ready to compete with. I understand frustration after last night and the better part of the last 15 years I think people need to reassess what realistic expectations are for the program in its current state. Wake Forest is a winnable game every year sure, but they are not an inferior opponent. Anyone that has paid attention should have known regardless of the weather that it was going to be a tough game. We are not a good football team right now and have a ways to go. It'll take time and even when we get to that point I'm not convinced the yearly ceiling is more than 7 or 8 wins.

First game in 30 years I wasn't either attending, watching, or listening. Have to say I did not miss the usual Saturday gut punch this team has given me for so long. I woke up Fresh and relaxed and glad I didn't give this team a second of my time yesterday. clearly they didn't deserve a single fans support. Again I don't care what people say about wake improving. We should never lose to wake. Reading the comments I'm really confused how we are talking about rutgers dumpster fire when we have been in the middle of a rotting dumpster for way longer then they have.
But we'll be out of the dumpster while they still wallow in it...

I know we're all fans but some of you have way too high expectations. In the ACC we may never get back to the heyday of the late 80s through 90s. The landscape and game has changed a lot since then. It's a major uphill battle right now with a lot of guaranteed losses on the schedule each year for the foreseeable future. Just look next year road games at LSU, Miami, FSU, Louisville teams that we are nowhere near ready to compete with. I understand frustration after last night and the better part of the last 15 years I think people need to reassess what realistic expectations are for the program in its current state. Wake Forest is a winnable game every year sure, but they are not an inferior opponent. Anyone that has paid attention should have known regardless of the weather that it was going to be a tough game. We are not a good football team right now and have a ways to go. It'll take time and even when we get to that point I'm not convinced the yearly ceiling is more than 7 or 8 wins.

Babers own expectations are to win championships, I don't think he came here to be mediocre. So in other words, my expectations are no different than our head coach's.

I don't think the problem is Babers or his staff or the talent. Until this administration at SU actually makes a commitment to the program and spends some money to be great, we will just be crap and most likely lose the best coach for this program, which is Babers.

I am of the growing opinion that this program is a money grab for the school at the expense of the fans and our loyalty.

Why announce that you are refurbishing the Dome and then wait 2, 3, 4 years before you actually do anything. String fans along into thinking we might be good again. I just hope the expenditure is not too late, the novelty of a new Dome will wear off if we stink when we play in it and then it will be over for Syracuse Football.

I have heard that same line for 15 years.
I realize that, but do you realize that all your (and others) bichin and complaining just makes this place a miserable place to come to? I fully get where we are but your misery is impacting my ability to be blindly happy. Is this just about venting (which I have no desire to be a part of), or are you really trying to have an honest discussion?

I realize that, but do you realize that all your (and others) bichin and complaining just makes this place a miserable place to come to? I fully get where we are but your misery is impacting my ability to be blindly happy. Is this just about venting (which I have no desire to be a part of), or are you really trying to have an honest discussion?
I'm not venting I'm being completely honest.

Pretty funny coming from someone who was so all in on Shafer till the bitter end.

Just like most Cuse fans, I am upset at the state of affairs regarding this program but will still support Dino and hopefully the Orange can win a game or two more before the season ends. We all knew this year's squad was going to be subpar and after the Wake game, this is quite evident. Times are tough in Orangeland but I am still coming in from Chicago with friends to support the team and enjoy the Cuse during this fall weekend.
Keep the faith people!

Yet you come here to post about how you don't care anymore. Interesting. Wake is 5-1, when is the last time Syracuse has been 5-1? The kids that are playing yesterday don't care that Syracuse was good 25 years ago. Wake is better than we are right now. Get over it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom