This program makes it tough to be a fan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This program makes it tough to be a fan

What a pile of BS.

1. 15 years ago we had a different HC, Chancellor, and AD. So why put all that on them?

2. Yep. It's sucked.

3. The loss is on both. Because they are a team.

4. I repeat: If you give up after 6 games with this coach, you deserve sand.

I am not bailing on him, I am pissed.

And NO, this loss was on the coaches not the players. When you run for zero yards and actually state in your presser that you should have run more. The loss is on you.

Let's just hope that with our beleif without evidence that after another year we have cake instead of sand. Because truthfully right now, you have no idea what we will get.

I am not bailing on him, I am pissed.

And NO, this loss was on the coaches not the players. When you run for zero yards and actually state in your presser that you should have run more. The loss is on you.

Let's just hope that with our beleif without evidence that after another year we have cake instead of sand. Because truthfully right now, you have no idea what we will get.

Ran for zero yards? When did that happen?

While I get what you are saying most fans are looking at the program in general and saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" Well we have been fooled 3 times now so I am not surprised people aren't rushing back to the dome. Just look at the attendance numbers for all the other first year coaches since GRob, they all went up. Somehow the coach the media and fans called a home run hire is gonna have a drop in attendance from record setting low attendance the season before.
I hardly think you speak for most fans...

Ran for zero yards? When did that happen?

It is called an exaggeration, you know exactly what I mean.

Almost half our rushing attempts were from Dungey on called runs and the other half were wasted plays.

Strickland 49 yards for a TD and Moe 37 yards in the 4th Qtr when the game was over, 86 yards.

Leaves 38 rushes tor 72 yards. Up to this Wake game we haven't proved or show anywhere, anyhow against any defense that we can run the ball. Yet we run it anyways, imo we gave this game away.

Last edited:
I hate losing just as much as the next fan, but I can never understand the "woe is us- everything sucks" perspective of some posters.
Are you guys really shocked, shocked I tell ya', about what's going on with this program right now? Really?
Yes, we all wanna vent after a BS loss like this, but Wake is actually having a good year, so losing to them is not exactly
like losing to St. Mary's School for the Blind...it's an ACC opponent, for chrissake!
HCDB is playing chess, whereas alot of chicken littles on this board are still stuck on checkers. Give it a chance to come together-
not everything is about instant gratification. Its just so fricken tiresome to keep reading this nonsense from the 2nd game on, and
relentlessly after every loss.
We get it, you're frustrated - but so is everyone else. If you wanna bail after 6 games, then good riddance. Don't let the door hit you...etc. etc.
JMHO

I hate losing just as much as the next fan, but I can never understand the "woe is us- everything sucks" perspective of some posters.
Are you guys really shocked, shocked I tell ya', about what's going on with this program right now? Really?
Yes, we all wanna vent after a BS loss like this, but Wake is actually having a good year, so losing to them is not exactly
like losing to St. Mary's School for the Blind...it's an ACC opponent, for chrissake!
HCDB is playing chess, whereas alot of chicken littles on this board are still stuck on checkers. Give it a chance to come together-
not everything is about instant gratification. Its just so fricken tiresome to keep reading this nonsense from the 2nd game on, and
relentlessly after every loss.
We get it, you're frustrated - but so is everyone else. If you wanna bail after 6 games, then good riddance. Don't let the door hit you...etc. etc.
JMHO
Agree, and I get that the score reflected a 19pt loss, but we did have the ball with a chance to go up and win with 8 min left. We should have already been up if not for a terrible int in the end zone at the end of the 2nd quarter. The last TD they got was fairly lucky on the strip and score, and the possession we had, when it was still 9-14, we found a way to get 3 penalties in a row to kill that drive. Not saying that's an excuse at all, but we could have easily won that game, having played terrible. Don't know why we are beating ourselves up so bad. Whats the difference between 3-9/4-8/5-7 really. Who cares. They are losing seasons.

Recover the messed up punt in the end zone or at the goal line, different game.

Score at the end of the 2nd, different game.

Score after the Jake INT, different game.

Wake needed to be playing from behind for their offensive faults to trip them up. The final score is not indicative of how close we were.

It is called an exaggeration, you know exactly what I mean.

Almost half our rushing attempts were from Dungey on called runs and the other half were wasted plays.

Strickland 49 yards for a TD and Moe 37 yards in the 4th Qtr when the game was over, 86 yards.

Leaves 38 rushes tor 72 yards. Up to this Wake game we haven't proved or show anywhere, anyhow against any defense that we can run the ball. Yet we run it anyways, imo we gave this game away.
To be fair, we couldn't pass protect or run freakin', you know, routes either so there's that.

It's rough. This is why I get annoyed at people who complain about those who complain about the state of the program. If you post on this forum then you bleed orange and reserve the right to complain right now.
Whoever doesn't feel bummed by this football program, god bless you and your positivity.

The problem now IMO is that we are one dimensional and very predictable on Offense. Our opponents have figured out that 1. We can't run. 2. Bracket #7 and we have no one to throw to. 3. Overload our O-line with pressure, and our QB will be running for his life. The thing is, I don't think this gets any better next year either. Maybe in the 3rd year.

Some of it is a bit generational. If you're 30 or under, you barely caught the end of McNabb. Saw Freeney and then what else has the program been?

Based on the landscape of college football, SU is a 6-6/7-5 program every year.
Im 22, I have legit been "excited" like three times my entire life about SU football. It sucks. Our first game against Colgate this year, had me "excited" that's how bad we have been these last 15 years

The problem now IMO is that we are one dimensional and very predictable on Offense. Our opponents have figured out that 1. We can't run. 2. Bracket #7 and we have no one to throw to. 3. Overload our O-line with pressure, and our QB will be running for his life. The thing is, I don't think this gets any better next year either. Maybe in the 3rd year.

All that based on the fact that the offense was held in check during a hurricane, wow.

Five out of six games 293 yds or better, but those aren't the model, the Wake Forest game is.

No one else to throw to? We have two other receivers in the top 70 in receptions per game.

Last edited:
All that based on the fact that the offense was held in check during a hurricane, wow.

Five out of six games 293 yds or better, but those are the model, the Wake Forest game is.

No one else to throw to? We have two other receivers in the top 70 in receptions per game.

There are dozens of gloom and doomers - look across North Carolina on Saturday. Notre Dame big pass team put up 3, UNC big pass team put up 3, Duke big pass team put up 13. What did we all have in common?

Five out of six games 293 yds or better, but those aren't the model, the Wake Forest game is.

Exactly. I'm not worried at all.

There are ways we are limited due to personnel and inexperience - but this offensive system is fully formed. There are answers to the chess match. But the weather makes some of those things impossible.

This team will be fine it's just that we need the O-Line to hurry in both tempo and learning which is tough to do. We have seen in the past former staffs have adjusted and went with a most effective O with what we have. Babers is pretty much sticking with his plan and damn the torpedoes we are going to learn this O no matter what, which is the way to steer this ship into a more successful future and sacrifice some things to aim towards that big picture.

I'll probably feel different Saturday or the week after or whatever, but yesterday and today is the first time since I became a fan in 1991, 25 years, that I finally am saying, I am giving up on this . . . . . I've barely missed a game on TV, and I've attended a game a year or so, but I've just had it. It is not even fun anymore. Hold me. :(

If you lasted through Gerg you can survive this.

There are dozens of gloom and doomers - look across North Carolina on Saturday. Notre Dame big pass team put up 3, UNC big pass team put up 3, Duke big pass team put up 13. What did we all have in common?

All three have douchey fans?

Like most fans, I was expecting more this year. The 'we are going to surprise some people' comment from Babers sucked me in.
Taking a step back, I still think Babers is going to do a lot of good things here. We live in a world of instant gratification. We see other schools have great success with 1st year coaches and expect it here. But this is Syracuse, it is just going to take longer than we and probably Babers hoped.

Im 22, I have legit been "excited" like three times my entire life about SU football. It sucks. Our first game against Colgate this year, had me "excited" that's how bad we have been these last 15 years
You are a true fan. I became a fan during the late 80's and early 90's and am now hooked, even when I'm frustrated. If I was your age I don't know that I would've felt the same draw to the team that I felt when I was growing up. That's one thing that will hurt us for a while. We've probably lost a lot of fans from your generation.

Life is short my friends...I was reminded of that yesterday. Please enjoy the time you spend with friends and family tailgating, and being fans. In the end it doesn't really matter how good we are. We all have that common bond that brings us together and we should be thankful for that! Go Orange!!

Life is short my friends...I was reminded of that yesterday. Please enjoy the time you spend with friends and family tailgating, and being fans. In the end it doesn't really matter how good we are. We all have that common bond that brings us together and we should be thankful for that! Go Orange!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom