This weekend | Syracusefan.com

This weekend

There’ll be a few again. You’ll probably see names start to leak today-Thursday again. We’ll also probably see a few more guys make their commitments public this week. Some might wait until signing day. Either way, we have a few more commitments out there

There’ll be a few again. You’ll probably see names start to leak today-Thursday again. We’ll also probably see a few more guys make their commitments public this week. Some might wait until signing day. Either way, we have a few more commitments out there
No inside knowledge, but I think we get KingJoseph and Maraad. Then I've got my fingers crossed for Ross and Beasley to get us to 7 for the 1st weekend visitors. I'm totally being selfish, but anything is possible with this staff.

I believe there are at least three more commits that have not been announced

No inside knowledge, but I think we get KingJoseph and Maraad. Then I've got my fingers crossed for Ross and Beasley to get us to 7 for the 1st weekend visitors. I'm totally being selfish, but anything is possible with this staff.
I think you're being conservative. I'll be shocked if we don't get KingJoseph, Diggs, and Maraad. I think we are favorites for Beasley and Philostin. I bet we get one Georgia wr and a couple OL in the next two weeks. And I bet a future qb emerges.

I think you're being conservative. I'll be shocked if we don't get KingJoseph, Diggs, and Maraad. I think we are favorites for Beasley and Philostin. I bet we get one Georgia wr and a couple OL in the next two weeks. And I bet a future qb emerges.
The QB position intrigues me. Do we have someone or two in mind that we are holding back? Or are we trying to add offensive weapons to entice a top QB to come on board? It seems very quiet on that front but I'm sure it's top of the staff's mind.

The QB position intrigues me. Do we have someone or two in mind that we are holding back? Or are we trying to add offensive weapons to entice a top QB to come on board? It seems very quiet on that front but I'm sure it's top of the staff's mind.
I'm no insider. Just my gut and what makes sense. I think ya get weapons and line help... and THEN make your run at the qb or qbs you want when you can show them something special to work with.

I'm no insider. Just my gut and what makes sense. I think ya get weapons and line help... and THEN make your run at the qb or qbs you want when you can show them something special to work with.
To that end, though, a portal QB is going to want to see that we're bringing in starters for next year. 4-star HS athletes don't usually project to be immediate impact players on day 1. We will need portal studs at WR and OL if you want to make a case.

To that end, though, a portal QB is going to want to see that we're bringing in starters for next year. 4-star HS athletes don't usually project to be immediate impact players on day 1. We will need portal studs at WR and OL if you want to make a case.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. A couple OL transfers, a couple wr... then ya knock hard on the door of the wb ya want.

Any word when the staff will bring in players from the portal?

I’ve never paid as much attention to the recruiting board in the past that I am now. And I’ve been around a while!

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

Wondering if we may have reached understandings with some additional portal guys but are waiting to go public until after the early HS signing period concludes and/or a possible influx of NIL donations on or around 12/21.

How many openings do we have left if no one else enters the portal (which I think a few will) or don't lose any other commitments?

How many openings do we have left if no one else enters the portal (which I think a few will) or don't lose any other commitments?
-4 by my accounting.

Don't know where to put this. So here goes:

We battered fans must find a way to normalize HCFB's success. First in the recruiting game and then (hopefully) on the field. The program has been elevated and we're just going to have to deal with it. I'm going to hold coach and the team to that higher standard they've created.
And yes I'm very grateful for this most fortuitous hire. It's made being a fan more fun than ever.

How button-down, circumspect ADJW related to, and hired the gritty, inner city wisdom of Fran Brown is beyond me. It was quite a gap to bridge. ADJW had a sea of qualified candidates, but Fran came to him and campaigned for, and won the job - a great story - and totally the right call. Kudos to each!

Oh yeah, and LFGO!

I don't know if I can handle another weekend like that again so quick, I'm not as young as I used to be...
Let me get my head above water...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom