Class of 2022 - This year’s class | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 This year’s class

money3189

Living Legend
I predict we will only have 3 commits with over a 85 composite rating. It is what it is fellas. It can change if the season goes better than expected. We are coming off a 1-10 season. All I can say it that we are getting negative recruited by many schools. You can probably guess one of the schools just by the timing of my post.

Last edited:
Appreciate your candor.

Personally just trying to stay positive at this point and am looking forward to live football in a renovated dome.

Dino’s gotta earn his pay. I could go on and on about what I’m concerned or outright mad with. But I am sick of being negative. We are back to feeling negative and glass half empty. It stinks.

Syracuse can be good again. Hopefully this season surprises.

I predict we will only have 3 commits with over a 85 composite. It is what it is fellas. It can change if the season goes better than expected but keep in mind we are coming off a 1-10 season. All I can say it that we are getting negative recruited by many schools. You can probably guess one of the schools just by the timing of my post.
That is very sobering, but I get it. We can point to reasons for optimism, and I think there are many of them, but it is hope and potential that we are selling. 1-10 is a fact and it is immutable. We are biased, but we do have reasons to truly believe we are headed for better times. But can we sell a promise? Can we sell Dino’s vision, or has past performance rendered it (and our 2018 season) more of a mirage? Time will tell...

I like Dino, but he’s hasn’t recruited anyone of note since he arrived. Why should anyone be surprised with the continuation of poor recruiting. The only players that have amounted to much are the three defensive backs who just left and we couldn’t reap many benefits because two of them were hurt last year.

I predict we will only have 3 commits with over a 85 composite rating. It is what it is fellas. It can change if the season goes better than expected. We are coming off a 1-10 season. All I can say it that we are getting negative recruited by many schools. You can probably guess one of the schools just by the timing of my post.
I just assume everyone negative recruits against us, because they're all a bunch of tools.

And yeah, I'll see them in Hell.

That is very sobering, but I get it. We can point to reasons for optimism, and I think there are many of them, but it is hope and potential that we are selling. 1-10 is a fact and it is immutable. We are biased, but we do have reasons to truly believe we are headed for better times. But can we sell a promise? Can we sell Dino’s vision, or has past performance rendered it (and our 2018 season) more of a mirage? Time will tell...
All good questions to ask

Who is it? Pitt? Rutgers? I have a headache and feel like being grumpy

I must have missed something. Did we lose out on a recruit? I saw the Spells stuff, is that specifically what you're referring to?

Wake Forest has been known to negative recruit against Syracuse. Dom Foster was there yesterday, but I don't know if money3189 is referring to that program.

I think it was the kid from Buffalo.
IU is eating our lunch as well.. they start talking on SU once Mike Hart went. And even though he left this year they haven’t stopped… and they are backing it up with “Ws”.

I have said it repeatedly. You are dealing with 17 and 18 year old kids. They see the bright lights and never use logic.
I feel Dino is very honest with the recruits and their families. He does not make promises. He tells them the truth. Prime example was the recruit who said Dino told him to enjoy the process.
A lot of other teams sells a bill of goods and make unrealistic promises. When they don’t work out they push them out the door or kids gets upset and transfers.
The portal will change a lot of recruiting. If the high school players don’t come we can go into the portal.
My personal feels though is if we recruit a kid hard and he goes somewhere else I would not go after him when he goes in the portal. My personal opinion.

IU is eating our lunch as well.. they start talking on SU once Mike Hart went. And even though he left this year they haven’t stopped… and they are backing it up with “Ws”.
IU is using the momentum of a good season or two and running. We never did that, our staff at the time were mostly crappy recruiters and then the 2019 season happened.

I like Dino, but he’s hasn’t recruited anyone of note since he arrived. Why should anyone be surprised with the continuation of poor recruiting. The only players that have amounted to much are the three defensive backs who just left and we couldn’t reap many benefits because two of them were hurt last year.

I mean, that Andre Cisco guy was pretty ok.

I have said it repeatedly. You are dealing with 17 and 18 year old kids. They see the bright lights and never use logic.
I feel Dino is very honest with the recruits and their families. He does not make promises. He tells them the truth. Prime example was the recruit who said Dino told him to enjoy the process.
A lot of other teams sells a bill of goods and make unrealistic promises. When they don’t work out they push them out the door or kids gets upset and transfers.
The portal will change a lot of recruiting. If the high school players don’t come we can go into the portal.
My personal feels though is if we recruit a kid hard and he goes somewhere else I would not go after him when he goes in the portal. My personal opinion.
The portal is where a program like ours can get kids with 90-91 ratings, not via high school recruiting. We absolutely need to, yes, pound the portal

That's why we play the game. Anything can happen. They can get fired-up and punch above their weight and then translate that into a self-perpetuating series of stellar recruiting classes.
You can believe this calculus or you can put me on ignore.
For better or worse they will always be my team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom