Class of 2015 - Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS

BK beat Niagara Falls 62-52 today.
"Thomas Bryant scored 20 points and Alvin English and Antwoine Anderson each added 11 points for the Kings (7-7). Chinonso Obokoh added nine point and Jwan Smith chipped in five points for Kearney. Niagara Falls-VI defeated BK in overtime in the first game of the year. "We didn't turn the ball over as much in this game," BK coach Jon Boon said. "It's as simple as that." The Kings turned the ball over 28 times in the first game. They managed just 14 turnovers in the rematch. The game was tied at 26-26 at halftime and Kearney opened the second half with a 10-2 run."

Chino might have still been out with the flu, but BK defeats Marshall/Freddie Thomas 87-75.
"Antwoine Anderson finished with a game-high 32 points and Thomas Bryant chipped in with 19 points and 16 rebounds for BK (6-7), which went on a 9-0 to end the second quarter."
Tee check the post above from 3 days ago my man lol :)

BK beat Niagara Falls 62-52 today.
"Thomas Bryant scored 20 points and Alvin English and Antwoine Anderson each added 11 points for the Kings (7-7). Chinonso Obokoh added nine point and Jwan Smith chipped in five points for Kearney. Niagara Falls-VI defeated BK in overtime in the first game of the year. "We didn't turn the ball over as much in this game," BK coach Jon Boon said. "It's as simple as that." The Kings turned the ball over 28 times in the first game. They managed just 14 turnovers in the rematch. The game was tied at 26-26 at halftime and Kearney opened the second half with a 10-2 run."
Nice to see BK get some payback from earlier in the season.

Tee check the post above from 3 days ago my man lol :)
The best is that your post is right above mine, and identical
I think I need more alcohol, lame excuse for Super Bowl partying tonight ;)

BK gets another win at home against Bishop Timon 68-53 today. Bryant scored 14pts, while Chino chipped in with 7pts.

BK wins over Edison Tech 56-49. "Thomas Bryant scored 15 of his 23 points in the first half to go along with 11 rebounds to lead BK (9-7). Chinonso Obokoh was limited to just one point and four fouls for the Kings."

BK wins over Edison Tech 56-49. "Thomas Bryant scored 15 of his 23 points in the first half to go along with 11 rebounds to lead BK (9-7). Chinonso Obokoh was limited to just one point and four fouls for the Kings."
Chino had a bad offensive game as you mentioned but just to add, on the defensive end he added 5 blocks (hopefully altered some more ;) ), 7 total rebounds (1 offensive, 6 defensive) and 1 steal.

Along the lines of someone mentioning that Goodluck moved up, looks like Thomas Bryant jumped all the way up to 3 in Espn's 2015.
I could have sworn he was farther down, but not sure. Now, I will copy paste to the Briscoe thread...

Is it just me or did TB look kind of blah on defense in that video?

Highlights of Thomas Bryant #31 and BK against Hoover out in Ohio last month. Chino was out with the flu for the Ohio trip and Bryant had his best game stat wise for the season in this one with 27pts, 11rbs, and 4blks.
Hey bro, looky looky looky, new videos on your blog.
Much thanks Francis.

Wow, Vaughn...get out on the shooter people. Get out on the shooter!

Is it just me or did TB look kind of blah on defense in that video?
Well they only showed the offensive highlights in the clip. He had 11rbs and 4blks in that game. So I don't think it's fair to judge his defensive skills based off a few highlights that didn't showcase any defense at all.

Well they only showed the offensive highlights in the clip. He had 11rbs and 4blks in that game. So I don't think it's fair to judge his defensive skills based off a few highlights that didn't showcase any defense at all.

Francis I'll take your word for it since you follow these players much more than most. However, the offensive highlights for the other team showed TB biting on easy pump fakes. Kids 6" shorter than him were making layups around him after he bit. But like you said, its just a highlight video and not the sum of the game.

Francis I'll take your word for it since you follow these players much more than most. However, the offensive highlights for the other team showed TB biting on easy pump fakes. Kids 6" shorter than him were making layups around him after he bit. But like you said, its just a highlight video and not the sum of the game.
Oh yeah he definitely didn't look good on some of those plays on defense. My only thing was that the video was edited to only showcase one side of the ball. If they added in some defense and showed some of his blocks and altered shots, it would have given you a different impression. Plus remember he's only a soph at 15/16 tops. So he's still learning the game and has a long way to go.

Oh yeah he definitely didn't look good on some of those plays on defense. My only thing was that the video was edited to only showcase one side of the ball. If they added in some defense and showed some of his blocks and altered shots, it would have given you a different impression. Plus remember he's only a soph at 15/16 tops. So he's still learning the game and has a long way to go.
Does he project to be a center or the prototypical versatile Syracuse forward? There is little chance that McCullough stays for two years, but if we can get Bryant and he gets a bit taller and plays in the middle with McCullough and any of Grant, Roberson or BJ on the other side, that would be a sick front court.

Does he project to be a center or the prototypical versatile Syracuse forward? There is little chance that McCullough stays for two years, but if we can get Bryant and he gets a bit taller and plays in the middle with McCullough and any of Grant, Roberson or BJ on the other side, that would be a sick front court.
Good post, salivating with the potential forwards.
Toss in a developed DC2 and Rak sticking around........

I wouldn't get too worried about Bryant's defense. When I saw him play he had all the tools to be a great defender in our zone. He's tall, long, moves great laterally for someone his size and is pretty athletic. The highlight video was just showcasing his offensive akills. He bit on some pump fakes but like Francis said he's stil really young and if all he needs is to learn not to leave his feet sometime within the next 2-3 years I'll take it. He's a great athlete and has a real good feel for the game for somebody his age. When i saw him i gotvthe impression it was only a matter of tole until his natural basketball instincts start to take ocer and hes able to jump passing lanes and block shots from the weakside given all his physical tools. He'll fill out as he gets older like most normal teenagers do too. After seeing him tho I would expect him to be strictly on the wing of the zone. I think that fits his game and strengths much more and also we should most likely have guys on the roster who are much better suited for the middle of the zone. Hopefully guys like goodluck, diallo, obokoh, jesse govan etc.

O'Sully, who has seen him recently in person pretty much gave you a good projection for him at this point. He'll mostly be a wing at SU. The comparison I keep hearing about him is Lamar Odom. Lots of versatility to his game, as he can play multiple positions.

O'Sully, who has seen him recently in person pretty much gave you a good projection for him at this point. He'll mostly be a wing at SU. The comparison I keep hearing about him is Lamar Odom. Lots of versatility to his game, as he can play multiple positions.
We are going to have fleets of versatile wings, wow.

We are going to have fleets of versatile wings, wow.

Well if he is up to #3 in the rankings its just a matter of time before PayPal Cal drops off some bags of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom