Class of 2015 - Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS

Hows are chances as of MAy 12th with Bryant?

Good but UNC looks to be the biggest threat.

Hmm... I've only pumped and heard information on the Vaughn and Bryant threads now, but it seems like UNC is our top competitor for both of these guys, though Vaughns a reach no i guess?

I think with the talent returning to UNC, we develop a much more serious rivalry with them before Duke.

Hmm... I've only pumped and heard information on the Vaughn and Bryant threads now, but it seems like UNC is our top competitor for both of these guys, though Vaughns a reach no i guess?

I think with the talent returning to UNC, we develop a much more serious rivalry with them before Duke.
Yeah Vaughn was never really a serious player for us. Like DC2, Bryant will probably play the field but I can't see him turning down the chance to play close to home when it's all said and done.

Yeah Vaughn was never really a serious player for us. Like DC2, Bryant will probably play the field but I can't see him turning down the chance to play close to home when it's all said and done.

True, but being a Tarheel would mean that he'd get to play (near home) at the dome and MSG at least once, twice or maybe three or more times during his career.

True, but being a Tarheel would mean that he'd get to play (near home) at the dome and MSG at least once, twice or maybe three or more times during his career.

I think he'll be in school 1-2 years. At UNC he plays close to home once or twice during his career. That's assuming UNC comes here every season which who knows. He comes here he's playing close to home over 20 times a season and most likely once or twice a year at MSG. He also could play with his teammate Obokoh. I think us getting a chance to play UNC and Duke every year will help our recruiting profile quite a bit. If we can consistently beat and compete with those two, then recruits might not look at UNC or Duke like they're a big step above us as a program. Especially if we're able to keep up our current success of 25-30 win seasons and solid tournament showings. Like it or not, realistically speaking Duke and UNC are a tier above us right now in the national perspective and us joining the ACC gives us a great opportunity to change that.

Has anyone else seen any other footage on Bryant other than the ONE video on YouTube?

Bryant has a lot of confidence in his shot and abilities on the floor (shows in his body language). His recruitment is going to be a battle for sure. Chino looks like he will be a force on D and the board, hopefully offensive skill set will come along.

http://www.playonsports.com/channels/new-york/events/56102
Haven't seen any other footage yet but the link above is a full game of BK against Troy in the state semi's back in March.

Bryant has a lot of confidence in his shot and abilities on the floor (shows in his body language). His recruitment is going to be a battle for sure. Chino looks like he will be a force on D and the board, hopefully offensive skill set will come along.
Yup, Bryant is very skilled for somebody his size and can be effective inside and out. Plays with lots of emotion and is real animated, which could be good and bad at times, but I love passionate players.

Really really like his game. I can't think of much he needs to work on. A long long long list of positives.

We haven't been in the running for a pf this multidimentional on the offensive end maybe ever unless you are counting melo. Think rak Christmas body knocking down CJ midrange jumpers and three pointers with a isolation post up hook in the lane when they guard his jumper closely.
imo - MUST GET on skillset alone, forget the rankings.

so forgive me to bring some "he said, she said" and/or "ik this guy, who knows that guy, who knows thomas" type nonsense to the table but Im from the area and have heard that apparently... and I quote "UNC is Thomas' dream school".

Im from the town of Greece and his brother played for Greece Arcadia as a part of the good team they had there 7 or 8 years ago (not sure if the family moved to the city or if thomas lives in greece and just attends Kearney). Good friends with a number of other guys from that team who just saw his brother this week and jokingly put the pressure onThomas attending Cuse only to be told that UNC is his dream school.

take it for what its worth far from anything concrete and what he thinks now may not be what he feels in 2 years. just figured it was worth a mention cus I found it highly disappointing to say the least. fully prepared to be blasted to such grapevine type info but whatever just sayin what I heard.

They are young kids duke, unc, kentucky, arizona, are the dream schools of kids. Every time you hear thats their dream school outside of NC, or Kentucky don't take it literally.

Its like a kid making a bad decision moving from siberia to south america to became a brazilian butt lift instructor.

I will always remember that my son was going to go to school at least 6 hours away (from Syracuse) in a warm, urban environment. My daughter was going to go south or west. He would up choosing Hartwick college, in Oneonta, NY. She is going to Geneseo in the fall. What kids think can often change as reality draws near.

Really really like his game. I can't think of much he needs to work on. A long long long list of positives.

We haven't been in the running for a pf this multidimentional on the offensive end maybe ever unless you are counting melo. Think rak Christmas body knocking down CJ midrange jumpers and three pointers with a isolation post up hook in the lane when they guard his jumper closely.
imo - MUST GET on skillset alone, forget the rankings.
I think we just got the winner in the hype sweepstakes here. He made 2 three pointers in his highlight reel and you are annointing him the best offensive pf maybe ever? Wow.

Right now I would take Grant, McCollough and Roberson over Bryant. By the time Bryant is ready to come here two of those people should be gone. Still I don't see Bryant starting as a frosh, I think he will be behind Roberson and BJ.

Sure, Bryant has potential, but right now the kid has some work to do. I am hoping he is following Grant's progression and has the maturity to choose a similar path.

imo.
Bryant has more of a post hook and a noticably better jumpshot then Grant or Roberson right now and hes only a sophmore in highschool. His jumper is more fluent with a faster release. Hes also got the potential to be much beefier it shows in his chest. Athletic 6'9 guys who shoot like sg's with the potential to put weight on like Bryant are one maybe two in a class if your lucky. Hes also got a take over mentality as a scorer most pf's don't have that (grant and roberson aren't there yet). imo Mccullough has a long way to go with his dribble to be considered a true dribbling one on one isolation talent, and hes no post up jumpshot artist yet. I an not really sold that he was even his teams second go to guy at brewster last year.

This guy is a true solid first scoring option down the line already. Down the line mccullough roberson and Grant have the potential to be that but they haven't shown the signs yet. However the defensive end may be a different story. Bryant may not have the verticle of a southerland or grant, but what he gives up in verticle he gives in filling out.

I am not saying i am right but entitled to a opinion. mccullough and roberson haven't even played a college game yet and grant was a 4th scoring option last year not even a 3rd.

Old news on the
so forgive me to bring some "he said, she said" and/or "ik this guy, who knows that guy, who knows thomas" type nonsense to the table but Im from the area and have heard that apparently... and I quote "UNC is Thomas' dream school".

Im from the town of Greece and his brother played for Greece Arcadia as a part of the good team they had there 7 or 8 years ago (not sure if the family moved to the city or if thomas lives in greece and just attends Kearney). Good friends with a number of other guys from that team who just saw his brother this week and jokingly put the pressure onThomas attending Cuse only to be told that UNC is his dream school.

take it for what its worth far from anything concrete and what he thinks now may not be what he feels in 2 years. just figured it was worth a mention cus I found it highly disappointing to say the least. fully prepared to be blasted to such grapevine type info but whatever just sayin what I heard.

Old news on the UNC bit, been discussed a while back not sure if in this thread.

You know, so many guys have called us their dream school and then went somewhere else, so I'm not so worried about a comment like that at this point in time, with his commitment probably still a ways off.

Bryant officially got an offer today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2015 Bishop Kearney (NY) F Thomas Bryant has picked up an offer from Syracuse. @<a href="https://twitter.com/mvp_bryant31">mvp_bryant31</a> <a href="http://t.co/4lRIQ0lMk1" title="http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/thomas-bryant">verbalcommits.com/players/thomas…</a></p>&mdash; Verbal Commits (@VerbalCommits) <a href="https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/335515186838523905">May 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1. Thomas Bryant@MVP_Bryant3110h
  2. Imma miss @Obokoh23 next year for real lol. But good luck big bruh! Keep doin big things! Lol don't forget about ya lil boy when you famous
  1. Chinonso Obokoh@Obokoh2343m
    @MVP_Bryant31: @Obokoh23 lmao you know that's been my dream forever” Yessir! So you better be there lol:)

2. Imma miss @Obokoh23 next year for real lol. But good luck big bruh! Keep doin big things! Lol don't forget about ya lil boy when you famous
    @MVP_Bryant31: @Obokoh23 lmao you know that's been my dream forever” Yessir! So you better be there lol:)
I'm taking that as a very good sign!

I'm taking that as a very good sign![/q

I saw this on my twitter feed this morning and wasn't sure if this was another fake Chino account. I figured if Bryant was talking to him, it must be legit...one would think. Bryant seems to be loving all the attention right now from different schools and fans, which n elite sophomore in hs should. I really believe he will end up committing here before his senior yr, unless major changes occur. Just have that feeling, that we are at that level as a program, that no local products will get away.

Sure sounds like a big UNC fan to me 5I5s8.png

To add to that even further check out Bryants reply to Chino telling him so you better be there

1. @MVP_Bryant31: @Obokoh23 lmao you know that's been my dream forever” Yessir! So you better be there lol:)

Thomas Bryant@MVP_Bryant31 3h
  1. @Obokoh23 lol I got you big bro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom