Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

First, A scholarship has to open up for Syracuse. Second, Kentucky just signed a big man in Skal Labissiere for 2015, and has offers and contenders for other top big men in 2015 class. You don't know who is gonna go pro for Kentucky in the spring yet.

Regardless, I would love to add him to the 2015 class. But regardless we are still gonna have a great recruiting class.

He is not making a decision anytime soon. He might just wanna enjoy the recruiting process.

Relax people. Nothing to get worried about yet.

You don't know who is gonna go pro for Kentucky in the spring yet.

Technically, Kentucky players are professionals right now.

dollar-sign.jpg

Still not understanding why we couldn't seal this deal up this summer.

Because Bryant was never going commit this summer to anyone. He was always going to wait. Byrant is kind of the piece that would really lock every thing together in this class.

Howard is the PG but can play the 2G.
Richardson is the 2G but can play the SF
Lydon is really more of a PF but can play with another PF because of his shooting.
Diange is a PF/C with a very good low post game.
Bryant is a C and a C only IMO with an excellent high post game which would make him work great with Diange.

Thomas Bryant to Visit Kentucky as Cats Begin Recruitment

The Wildcats are now recruiting Bryant, a 6-foot-10, 235-pound big man, who has already visited Syracuse, Missouri and Indiana (twice).

Kentucky is already involved for numerous late-signing 2015 big men, including Stephen Zimmerman, Ivan Rabb, Carlton Bragg, Cheick Diallo and Caleb Swanigan.

“His best days are ahead of him,” Bruce previously said of Bryan. “He just turned 17 a couple months ago, so he’s a young pup. Still figuring it out. Long, 7-foot-6 wingspan so he has the potential to make money at basketball one day. But he’s not going to rely on that because he’s a very smart kid.”

He added: “He needs to work on his core strength which we do with him. But he also needs to refine his post skills like all young big men. He’s shooting the ball way better, out to 23 feet. He’s shooting the 3 easy, mid-range, he’s really shooting the ball great. Finishing with both hands. But strength is the main thing [he has to work on], being able to absorb contact and finish.”

Bryant will sign in the spring.

Thomas Bryant to Visit Kentucky as Cats Begin Recruitment

The Wildcats are now recruiting Bryant, a 6-foot-10, 235-pound big man, who has already visited Syracuse, Missouri and Indiana (twice).

Kentucky is already involved for numerous late-signing 2015 big men, including Stephen Zimmerman, Ivan Rabb, Carlton Bragg, Cheick Diallo and Caleb Swanigan.

“His best days are ahead of him,” Bruce previously said of Bryan. “He just turned 17 a couple months ago, so he’s a young pup. Still figuring it out. Long, 7-foot-6 wingspan so he has the potential to make money at basketball one day. But he’s not going to rely on that because he’s a very smart kid.”

He added: “He needs to work on his core strength which we do with him. But he also needs to refine his post skills like all young big men. He’s shooting the ball way better, out to 23 feet. He’s shooting the 3 easy, mid-range, he’s really shooting the ball great. Finishing with both hands. But strength is the main thing [he has to work on], being able to absorb contact and finish.”

Bryant will sign in the spring.

Pack it in guys. It was a nice thought.

Remember this post. When Spring 2015 comes around, and he doesn't end up at Kentucky.

I guess Kentucky gets every Highly rated player they recruit. Ooh Wait they don't. DaJuan Coleman, Andrew Wiggins.

"Kentucky is already involved for numerous late-signing 2015 big men, including Stephen Zimmerman, Ivan Rabb, Carlton Bragg, Cheick Diallo and Caleb Swanigan".

You telling me there gonna get everyone of those guys, and Thomas Bryant (I find that hard to believe). If being pessimistic gets you through life, then I don't know what to say to you.

They are going to lose Cauley Stein, Dakari, and Towns. They unfortunately, will have room for most of those guys.

And then they will still have, Trey Lyles, Marcus Lee, Alex Poythress. Again, they are not gonna get most of them. Maybe they get 2 of them at most.

I wouldn't bet on all those coming back.

They are going to lose Cauley Stein, Dakari, and Towns. They unfortunately, will have room for most of those guys.
Oh, I thought you were joking. Because I really don't think that they will get Bryant. He has to know that he isn't high on their list based upon all of the offers that they have put out to big men thus far. He has his local school that has been recruiting him for years and has made him a priority. I think he is playing out the process, but eventually will come to SU. I have no inside knowledge though. Maybe I am just optimistic.

Oh, I thought you were joking. Because I really don't think that they will get Bryant. He has to know that he isn't high on their list based upon all of the offers that they have put out to big men thus far. He has his local school that has been recruiting him for years and has made him a priority. I think he is playing out the process, but eventually will come to SU. I have no inside knowledge though. Maybe I am just optimistic.

Go to Kentucky and play 8 minutes a game, or come to Syracuse and play 30 minutes a night in front of your family.

He's going to want to go to UK. His mother wants him at SU. (At least until WWW starts talking $$ with them). We'll see who wins out.

FWIW no report of an offer yet and 247's lead recruiting reporter picked the Orange to land Bryant right after the unofficial was announced.

He's going to want to go to UK. His mother wants him at SU. (At least until WWW starts talking $$ with them). We'll see who wins out.
When it comes to $ It will trump everything including Mom. Every time. Fame and $ is the destination out of the crib and a ball to bounce.

Thomas Bryant's mother says Syracuse basketball recruit's realistic list is down to two schools (PS: Carlson)

Syracuse, N.Y. — Thomas Bryant is the biggest priority left on the Syracuse basketball recruiting board, a powerful post prospect who would arrive just as the Orange need him.

Bryant's mother, Linda, said on Monday night that Syracuse should feel pretty good about its prospects with the Class of 2015 center.

Linda said that Bryant's realistic list of potential teams has been trimmed to two, and Bryant's unofficial visit to Kentucky over the weekend was nothing more than a good time with two high school teammates.

"Really it's down to two," Linda Bryant said. "Syracuse and Indiana. And it might be down to one soon. Thomas has always told me that Syracuse was the leader."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom