Class of 2014 - Thomas Holley | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Thomas Holley

C'mon, that's a horrific response.
Penn State operated as a criminal organization. They harmed children.

Every employee, student and incoming student can face that and choose if they want their name associated with those things.

Wonder what happens if LJ leaves this year? He isn't going to FLA. Didn't expect him to choose Cuse, but a bit surprised we didn't even get an official
LJ isn't leaving Penn St. No chance. He's had plenty of opportunities to coach elsewhere in a much greater role, but he's Penn St for life. Holley is Penn St.'s to lose. I'd be shocked if he didn't go there and the only thing that could really shake that is if B.O'b. leaves, but even then he'd still probably go.

Can we drop the Pedophelia crap. It really smells of sour grapes and for SU fans to be throwing the stones is quite hypocritical.

Can we drop the Pedophelia crap. It really smells of sour grapes and for SU fans to be throwing the stones is quite hypocritical.

UG. Agree on the 1st part of this, it's dumb to bring it up in regards to some 18 year olds choice to play football there. It's over and a kid can go where he likes without that being slung his way.

The 2nd? The two issues are not remotely close to being the same if you look at the details. Seeing them as being similar hurts the real victims at Penn State, while lending undue credence to the issues here. The most glaring difference is a conviction and jail time and NCAA issues on one side with a coach getting fired amongst allegations on the other...

LJ isn't leaving Penn St. No chance. He's had plenty of opportunities to coach elsewhere in a much greater role, but he's Penn St for life. Holley is Penn St.'s to lose. I'd be shocked if he didn't go there and the only thing that could really shake that is if B.O'b. leaves, but even then he'd still probably go.

I agree, time to drop the reference. This current coaching staff had nothing to do with a terrible terrible situation and subsequent cover up. Penn State has a "storied football" past and that's what will drive new recruits vs. the other.

With that being said, I strongly believe, we will win our fair share of battles with them.

I agree, time to drop the reference. This current coaching staff had nothing to do with a terrible terrible situation and subsequent cover up. Penn State has a "storied football" past and that's what will drive new recruits vs. the other.

With that being said, I strongly believe, we will win our fair share of battles with them.

I'm not a big fan of the ped references either but lets not forget that "storied history" led to and benefited from a lot of what happened during that era. I never use the reference and while the new staff and kids have played no part in it, that was a failure of that institution which in itself is troubling.

UG. Agree on the 1st part of this, it's dumb to bring it up in regards to some 18 year olds choice to play football there. It's over and a kid can go where he likes without that being slung his way.

The 2nd? The two issues are not remotely close to being the same if you look at the details. Seeing them as being similar hurts the real victims at Penn State, while lending undue credence to the issues here. The most glaring difference is a conviction and jail time and NCAA issues on one side with a coach getting fired amongst allegations on the other...
I agree there is a difference, but also think there is a lot to the Fine investigation that never came to light, good or bad, because the statute of limitations had passed on any potential prosecution. I don't think we'll ever know the true story of what transpired and don't think any of us really want to know. That said, you can't forget to couple the Fine story with the guy who was filming the locker rooms and fired. Fortunately, I cannot remember his name. Collectively, it's nowhere near as bad as what transpired at Penn St., I won't argue that, but we as fans still shouldn't be throwing stones because we've seen our fare share of negative publicity due to some weird people that used to be employed by the University.

PSU is still not eligible for their conf championship game or any bowl games until the 2016 season, right? I can't believe this doesn't play a bigger role in recruits' decisions.

what is hypocritical? not getting that point at all.

who up here got arrested for Pedophilia?

I was one of the so called kids who use to go over to Bernies house back in the late 70's early 80's and knew Mike Lang well, knew Davis but not well.

I knew a lot that went on which was absolutely nothing. My brother who is in law enforcement graduated with Lang from Henniger. The feds were so thorough they got a hold of him to ask questions.

There was nothing to be had at all, but the arrests of those two clowns who some thought would have happened.

Last edited:
It's the big crowds we have that have swayed him our way as well as the phantom IPF
we had fans not even care if we won our final game to get to a bowl game.

He's going to Penn State. And Brazilier is wayyyyy behind the 8 ball on Ohio State backing off.

what it most likely comes down to is that LJ is likely promising him an NFL career... Shafer has done a very excellent job since he's been here with our defensive players. The results are there

Bottom line is if we truly wanna compete for the 4-5 star NYC/Jersey kids we need to start walking into their living rooms with a period of sustained success and stability. A consistent 8 or 9 game winner. And we just need to get a couple of them to bite and hope it turns out for the best and then we can build the pipeline.

Whether that will ever actually happen, who knows? I do know that Thomas Holley isn't gonna start it though. Next man up.

what is hypocritical? not getting that point at all.

who up here got arrested for Pedophilia?

I was one of the so called kids who use to go over to Bernies house back in the late 70's early 80's and knew Mike Lang well, knew Davis but not well.

I knew a lot that went on which was absolutely nothing. My brother who is in law enforcement graduated with Lang from Henniger. The feds were so thorough they got a hold of him to ask questions.

There was nothing to be had at all, but the arrests of those two clowns who some thought would have happened.
Hearsay..

@NYPost_Brazille: Lincoln All-American DT Thomas Holley reportedly down to Ohio State, Florida and Penn State., Hearing, however, Ohio State, has backed off.
Can some one pull down the shades

@NYPost_Brazille
Notre Dame assistant Bob Diaco was at Lincoln today to meet with DT Thomas Holley, per Shawn O'Connor. Irish pushing for visit.

@NYPost_Brazille
Lincoln All-American DT Thomas Holley will play in city championship Tuesday and could make decision later in week.

Sales pitch: Look how well it worked out for Ishaq!

At least we know he isnt coming in december instead of dealing with the Ishaq/Ebo last minute failure

At least we know he isnt coming in december instead of dealing with the Ishaq/Ebo last minute failure
We've known he hasn't been coming since the beginning. His visit was to hang out with Terrel, he had no interest in coming here.

It's hard for me to take the high road and not say F him but I'll try an refrain from doing it.

The thing is people talk about things working out for Ishaq, I don't understand it. The fact is he isn't playing that much because he isn't that good, I guess he would be playimg more at Cuse for sure but he still wouldn't be great. If he was a great talent we would be seeing it at Notre Dame, he would have separated himself there as well.

The kid at Florida ( Easley?) is a great talent, exceptional. That is one that yes we missed out on although we never had a shot at.

Take Lavar Lobdell for instance who god bless him is a great kid/guy but if he went to Miami, he wouldn't have played much there either, why because he was a high school stud that didn't pan out, much like it looks like Williams will be

It's hard for me to take the high road and not say F him but I'll try an refrain from doing it.

To Holley? Because the kid doesn't want to go to school at SU? You might want to re-calibrate brother. These kids deserve to go where ever that suits them best. No matter how many kids decide to choose a school like Rutgers or Penn State vs the CUSE, commend them on their personal choice. We will always and should always get kids that want to play here for the right reasons for them personally.

We will always and should always get kids that want to play here for the right reasons for them personally.
Like the Macky's of the world who play with heart, soul and joy for Syracuse. Others kids who were shown the love that came from tough backgrounds had family issues or who had health problems and appreciated the family environment that Syracuse offered, Shamarko, Jason, Terrell, Durell, Darius and John Raymon. There are and were others.

Last edited:
Like the Macky's of the world who play with heart, soul and joy for Syracuse. Others kids who were shown the love that came from tough backgrounds had family issues or who had health problems and appreciated the family environment that Syracuse offered, Shamarko, Jason, Terrell, Durell, Darius and John Raymon. There are and were others.

I'm always astounded when reading articles about our players lives outside of football. We have a large group of kids that are really easy to cheer for vs coddled athletes that expect to be handed anything.

To Holley? Because the kid doesn't want to go to school at SU? You might want to re-calibrate brother. These kids deserve to go where ever that suits them best. No matter how many kids decide to choose a school like Rutgers or Penn State vs the CUSE, commend them on their personal choice. We will always and should always get kids that want to play here for the right reasons for them personally.
I understand the basic point, but...

There is no good reason to go to Rutgers.

There is absolutely no reason to go to Penn State right now.

I think Holley looks like a great talent and who wouldn't want a talent like that at DT to commit. That being said, I'm not going to hate on him if he goes elsewhere, he hasn't handled his recruiting process like an a'hole (yes EBO this means you).

If he goes elsewhere, best of luck to him. We'll move forward like we always do and hell, who knows, maybe we land Zeek Rodney and maybe he turns into a Bromley, and Holley never cracks the starting lineup at ND or PSU or wherever he ends up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom