Thoughts on the upcoming year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on the upcoming year

Meh. if white was anywhere near as talented as malachi, he wouldn't be here. he might be a good rotation guy, or he might be worse or better than that. there is nothing to go on. the point guard from Colorado? ok, good luck youngster. no one knows what battle is, is he john wall or some tool? then I read people saying that lydon would come off the bench. all of you lose whatever little credibility you have as posters. why in the name of the great officiant would we not start our best player. oi vei.

Funny you bring up Wall because, IMO, Battle is the closest type of player to a Wall-type guard talent that we maybe have ever had. He's fast, dynamic, explosive, can handle/score/pass, etc.

I think you should change your avatar to something that both fits your handle and more accurately fits the quality of the crap YOU spew:

4899429947_b60fb08e94.jpg
fine, so you do honestly think that tyler lydon is coming off the bench this year? simple question.

Funny you bring up Wall because, IMO, Battle is the closest type of player to a Wall-type guard talent that we maybe have ever had. He's fast, dynamic, explosive, can handle/score/pass, etc.
i'm all for it, I hope he is john wall-ish. read RF's posts and he will try to convince you that the guy is a shooter. the bottom line is that no one knows how good battle could be until we can at least see him play.

i'm all for it, I hope he is john wall-ish. read RF's posts and he will try to convince you that the guy is a shooter. the bottom line is that no one knows how good battle could be until we can at least see him play.

If that's what you've taken from my posts, then your reading comprehension is as poor as your takes.

Posters who have actually seen the guy play live like Francis, Iommi, and Tomcat have raved about Battle's offensive capabilities, and suggest the guy is a transcendent offensive talent. I've said repeatedly--just to clear up any confusion you have and the way you've misrepresented my position--that "if Battle can shoot in the 35% range" to go along with proven shooters like White, Lydon, and Gillon, then we'll have a very nice three point shooting squad. I've also--again, just to dispense with your straw man garbage--talked about him being a complimentary shooter, that we won't have to rely upon to provide consistent three point production.

Feel free to find one post where I've tried to "convince you that the guy is a shooter." Hint; you won't be able to.

But keep staying indignant.

mr-furious.jpg

Last edited:
yes

im also in the camp that lydon comes of the bench and let me tell you why i think this
first roberson and coleman are guaranteed starters, JB has proven time and time again that the seniors and program guys like these will start, how long they play depends on how they start that game, they both started every game last year and theres no doubt they get the ceremonial senior start
second i think white starts also, don't see how he doesn't, he was a huge transfer recruit for us and i think JB sold him on being in the starting lineup
third, battle is 100% going to start, he was a starting from the day he committed and i think gillon starts as well due to being a 5th year senior and a grad transfer
fourth, lydon is very versatile and can play the 3-5, he will be the first sub of the bench and prob play the most mins on the team, he will sub in for whoever JB feels isn't pulling their weight to start the game, i think we can all agree here he is a very unselfish player and would do whatever is best for the team, he comes in as the super sub and instantly gives us a huge advantage of the bench. You have to remember just because he doesn't start doesn't his PT will be reduced just that he won't start and hell def be on the floor when the game is ending, it'll be very similar to dion in 2012

im also in the camp that lydon comes of the bench and let me tell you why i think this
first roberson and coleman are guaranteed starters, JB has proven time and time again that the seniors and program guys like these will start, how long they play depends on how they start that game, they both started every game last year and theres no doubt they get the ceremonial senior start
second i think white starts also, don't see how he doesn't, he was a huge transfer recruit for us and i think JB sold him on being in the starting lineup
third, battle is 100% going to start, he was a starting from the day he committed and i think gillon starts as well due to being a 5th year senior and a grad transfer
fourth, lydon is very versatile and can play the 3-5, he will be the first sub of the bench and prob play the most mins on the team, he will sub in for whoever JB feels isn't pulling their weight to start the game, i think we can all agree here he is a very unselfish player and would do whatever is best for the team, he comes in as the super sub and instantly gives us a huge advantage of the bench. You have to remember just because he doesn't start doesn't his PT will be reduced just that he won't start and hell def be on the floor when the game is ending, it'll be very similar to dion in 2012

P.S. I hope i didn't lose all credibility haha

I was going to type pretty much this, thx for saving me the time

there is no way you on't start your program senior returning starters

not starting 5th year trannys sets a bad precedent, any you are prob gonna need another one or three next year

not starting your big time recruit sets a worse precedent

~~~

what will be more interesting will be next year's thread when we have some major frosh talent, prob another 5th year and then a jr and hopefully polished Howard, Chuck in the center and TT and Moyer now wanting real time.

I envision White making a kick-out 3-point shot with 10 seconds left against Duke in the Dome game winner.

No way. We win that game by 30+.

No way. We win that game by 30+.

He must have meant 10 seconds left in the first half when the game winner is scored.

I'm too hype to even just catch some wind from practices once they start!Photobucket burning couch

I completely agree with everything you said. My money is lydon as 6th man leading the team in minutes played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom