Thunder and Lightning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thunder and Lightning

Unorthodox to have a reserve as the leader, I know.

Beyond that, all team leaders make boneheaded mistakes (you should be thankful you missed the hundreds of posts about Scoop for two-plus years). Baye's different than your typical guard, for sure. But on all those criteria you listed (work ethic, striving, etc.), he's the guy. It's going to work out well; very different from the bulk of this past season.
Well alright, I can't point out anything you say and say it's wrong, it's a matter of opinion..

My opinion: If CJ Fair comes back we we will have to leaders. CJ Fair and Michael Gbnijie. I think this kid breaks out, relinquishes his nickname "silent G" and has a similar (obviously not as big because it's not needed, and he's not a F) impact as Wes Johnson.

Gbnijie has seen action in the ACC, no other Syracuse player has. He's played in Cameron and been to games at Chapel Hill.

Good post, I agree. I think people that are down on DC haven't followed SU hoops, or college ball in general. Big guys take a lot of time. A coach extremely familiar with DC's current situation thinks that 1 in 30 big men are truly ready from day 1. The other 29 take time because of how different it is from hs, unlike 1-4's. All one has to do is watch him throw an outlet, or catch it on the post, to see he has a great skill set. Once he understands positioning his feet, using his frame to carve space and keeping the ball up, he's a 20 point scorer. That will come. He needs to get in better shape to get the ball a bit quicker for rebounding and if/when he does that, he goes from 5-6 boards a game guy to 11 boards a game. He also needs the improvement to be quicker on D and needs the mental improvement for zone (which comes with age and practice).

My only concern for him is how long it takes for this stuff to come, not if it will come...

This board's expectations for freshmen is low. Just off the top of my head: Cousins, Davis, Noel, McGrady in the last 4 yrs were not only full time starters but were significant reasons why their teams reached the elite eight or better. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of frosh big men in recent years that helped their teams far more than our 5 stars, DC and Rak.

Speaking of James Thues, just remembered that I was talking to some SU fans at the Hudson Grille the Friday before the FF and they said James is a special education teacher in the Atlanta area. FYI. He kind of just dissapeared so nice to hear what he was up to.

It's Keita's team.

I don't agree with the idea that Coleman has shown flashes of greatness (or is anything but a four-year player), that any Syracuse big will average 20 points or 11 rebounds in the near future, or a handful of other things in the thread, but leadership is - after a season that was rocky at times - as set as it's ever been.

Baye's the leader and we'll be a better team for it.
On the defensive end, sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom