Time for a change ASAP | Syracusefan.com

Time for a change ASAP

I love Shaf as a person, but this has simply gotten out of control. We're regressing as a program quickly.

Save us, Coyle.

Good luck Shaf... wish you nothing but the best.

It looks to my untrained eye like he lost the team today. I'm not sure you could hold on to him even if that was your plan. Wait until after Clemson or NC State when we're formally out of bowl contention to sack him and then start the search for a new coach.

It looks to my untrained eye like he lost the team today. I'm not sure you could hold on to him even if that was your plan. Wait until after Clemson or NC State when we're formally out of bowl contention and start the search for a new coach.

No, just cut ties and start now. No need to wait. We're not beating Clemson.

The fans simply deserve better than this.

Great guy, just can't put it all together as a HC. He will do well as a DC somewhere.

I'm amazed that anybody could be surprised by the result.

Away game.

Two TD underdog.

Key defensive players out.

Playing a physical defense.

This was entirely expected.

So the hue and cry is over the top.

Edit: When I posted the above, I did not realize that Eric Dungey had been injured. I was under the impression that he had been pulled for Mahoney - to make sure he would not get hurt! Now that I realize that the decision was made to subject this future star - a guy who has brought so much to Syracuse Football - to a career ending head injury for no good reason - with the ridiculous thought that we could come back and win. I have changed my mind. That was a ridiculous decision by the head coach. It has caused perhaps great damage to the future of the program and the career of a great young player. I would have no problem if Mark Coyle were to decide to move in another direction.

Last edited:

Away game.

Two TD underdog.

Two TD underdog. Not four. Sorry.

Away game.

Two TD underdog.

Gotta give you credit for standing up for what you believe, friend. But I think you are lone meek voice in a howling wilderness.

Away game.

Two TD underdog.

I think you look at all losses as linear. We either won or lost. Analysis of being out gained by 300 yards be damned.

Does stability mean more calls where we have a backup kicker come in and try a 52 yard FG rather than try for the 5 yards on 4th down?

This guy is in over his head. If everyone wants to wait for the magical year when we have all juniors and seniors play, they're all healthy, then fine. If you're expecting more than 6 regular season wins, let me be the first to tell you that your expectations are too high.

Away game.

Two TD underdog.

The reason why people are upset is because it's not a surprise that we saw more boneheaded decisions.

Away game.

Two TD underdog.

This.
It just seems like all this beotching and moaning is more about frustration than anything else.
Is anyone shocked that we shat the bed ...AGAIN...AT Louisville...especially after these last few weeks?
Enough already. This game was not a shock in the least...and the whining about it IS over the top, IMO.

Can't say it any better than the OP. Love Shafer. I think we as a fan base have suffered more than our share. Time to get someone who completely understands offensive line play and offensive play calling.

I think you look at all losses as linear. We either won or lost. Analysis of being out gained by 300 yards be damned.

Does stability mean more calls where we have a backup kicker come in and try a 52 yard FG rather than try for the 5 yards on 4th down?

This guy is in over his head. If everyone wants to wait for the magical year when we have all juniors and seniors play, they're all healthy, then fine. If you're expecting more than 6 regular season wins, let me be the first to tell you that your expectations are too high.
Hey, look on the bright side - we blew all those redshirts against URI. Those guys are going to become Juniors and Seniors sooner now!

This.
It just seems like all this beotching and moaning is more about frustration than anything else.
Is anyone shocked that we shat the bed ...AGAIN...AT Louisville...especially after these last few weeks?
Enough already. This game was not a shock in the least...and the whining about it IS over the top, IMO.
Again - the problem is that none of this was shocking.

This.
Exactly. Louisville smoked us with a 3rd string QB. Players being out is not an excuse to get beat anymore. We had no chance today and that's why I didn't even watch. I'm kinda just waiting for the one week we win a game I assume we are gonna lose. Hasn't happened in forever

This.
Sounds like you expected today's performance and are ok with not only the loss though also with how we lost. How can you be ok with this? We were outgained by nearly 300 yards and outclassed in every aspect. That is not what I want out of this program.

Hey, look on the bright side - we blew all those redshirts against URI. Those guys are going to become Juniors and Seniors sooner now!

Ouch! You really know how to kick your friends when they're down. Roughing the fan base! 15 yards! Automatic first down.

;):bang::(

I feel bad for how pathetically low some of your expectations are.

We just got our doors blown off by a mediocre team and the excuse is "hey, I expected it, chill out everyone. Four more years!".

I really think some of you think head coaches should be employed for life.

I will say it again. Dungey, our best hope for the future(along with Clark) was left in with the score 41-10 late. He has taken a ton of punishment this year and sustained one concussion already. If Coyle fires Shafer tomorrow I am fine with it. Irresponsible and idiotic on his part. The crappy effort on the field is secondary. Although important.

Sounds like you expected today's performance and are ok with not only the loss though also with how we lost. How can you be ok with this? We were outgained by nearly 300 yards and outclassed in every aspect. That is not what I want out of this program.
Silly post.
No one who's a fan of SU can be "OK" with this type of performance, not to mention the state of our program this last decade or so...EVER.
The difference is I'm not here acting SHOCKED...SHOCKED, I tell ya- that this happened today.
I'm as upset as anyone. I'm just not gonna contribute to the hue and cry that frankly serves no other purpose than to vent.
Understandable, of course- just not my choice at this time.

There is no option here at all. If you aren't doing your job then you get fired It doesn't matter what kind of work it is. I was a shafer supporter but reality is what it is. If you as a fan somehow think the results are ok then something is wrong with you. Shafer has no excuses anymore. He should've fired In the next few days and start a coaching search ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom