Time for a change ASAP | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Time for a change ASAP

If, and when, a change is made, absolutely 100% no coordinators are getting the job. Guys with proven HC experience only. Enough of the experimental crap.

We need a guy that can manage a game and react to the tough decisions correctly.
No I agree I'm just saying it's worth a new voice for final 3 games only

No I agree I'm just saying it's worth a new voice for final 3 games only

He is from Verona IIRC, and has been a Belichek disciple for over 12 years. I would clearly trust him as HC, but would much rather see us hire a offensive-minded guy with HC experience. Like crazy offensive-minded. I want to see us light the Dome up with like 42-45 points/game.

If, and when, a change is made, absolutely 100% no coordinators are getting the job. Guys with proven HC experience only. Enough of the experimental crap.

We need a guy that can manage a game and react to the tough decisions correctly.
I would make an exception for Riley.

It's everything. Our defense is a legit laughingstock. That weak ass zone is truly horrendous. Those LVille receivers were absolutely wide open. Our defenders just sat in space waiting for the ball to be thrown right at them. For fock sake, cover someone if he's in your bubble. Does Bullough do anything to try and adjust for what the opposing offense is showing him? Nope, he just orders another thing of nachos and a Diet Coke.

The offense is highly predictable and has gotten wayyy too conservative. Lester does not change anything in-game. It is laughable.

That fake fg was hilarious. Petrino is sitting there thinking "well they're down 4 tds, I doubt they're actually kicking a fg". Sniffed out. My 3 year old called that out before it happened.

It's a shitstorm. I love Shaf and his assistants. They're all great guys, but this isn't working. The business of football is a bitch, but that's why they make the big bucks.

Thing is, if Shafer makes some better decisions the past 3-4 games, we're *probably* sitting at 5-4 and I doubt you'd be calling for his head just like I wouldn't be. That's my point. Hanging Dungey out to dry in a meaningless point in the game is just the icing on the cake.

Lincoln Riley. I would hand the keys to a wonder kid.

He is now the OC at Oklahoma? Great offensive mind, but worries me that he hasn't run a program yet. Obviously everyone starts their coaching career as an assistant, then coordinator, then HC, but we are a P5 program and there are a boatload of really good HCs at smaller schools that are crushing it. That's who I want.

Matt Campbell - Toledo
Chris Klieman - NDSU
Fuentes - Memphis
Bryan Harsin - Boise St

He is now the OC at Oklahoma? Great offensive mind, but worries me that he hasn't run a program yet. Obviously everyone starts their coaching career as an assistant, then coordinator, then HC, but we are a P5 program and there are a boatload of really good HCs at smaller schools that are crushing it. That's who I want.

Matt Campbell - Toledo
Chris Klieman - NDSU
Fuentes - Memphis
Bryan Harsin - Boise St

Klieman is an interesting name but geographically not sure its a great fit. Still think Butch Davis or Pelini would be home run hires, two guys that know Power 5 Div1 football and can recruit almost anywhere. I worry a bit about the air raid young guns, its one thing to do it against Kent State its all whole other to do it at FSU or Clemson.

If you hate SU FB and don't want it to be successful, why watch or post.
Horrible post... you clearly don't know Cuseguy & family.

Matt Campbell - Toledo
Chris Klieman - NDSU
Fuentes - Memphis
Bryan Harsin - Boise St
I get it. I'm just saying, if we promote a coordinator, let's go with a guy that might be a genius.

I get it. I'm just saying, if we promote a coordinator, let's go with a guy that might be a genius.

I would also love to see us get a younger coach. I guess Riley fits into that criteria as well.

I will say it again. Dungey, our best hope for the future(along with Clark) was left in with the score 41-10 late. He has taken a ton of punishment this year and sustained one concussion already. If Coyle fires Shafer tomorrow I am fine with it. Irresponsible and idiotic on his part. The crappy effort on the field is secondary. Although important.
Tomorrow is too late

If there's anything we've learned the last few weeks it's the importance of a HC who is quick, confident and savvy on all in game decisions.

The next guy MUST be a proven HC.

BKCuse said:
If there's anything we've learned the last few weeks it's the importance of a HC who is quick, confident and savvy on all in game decisions. The next guy MUST be a proven HC.

Probably not.

cuseguy said:
Probably not.

Different Chancellor, different AD. So we'll see, but no one knows. No one.

It looks to my untrained eye like he lost the team today. I'm not sure you could hold on to him even if that was your plan. Wait until after Clemson or NC State when we're formally out of bowl contention to sack him and then start the search for a new coach.
i did not expect a win. i am ok with the loss as i am on board with the youth movement and growing pains. my main concern has been hcss maturity as a coach. leaving dungey in the game was another example of that. i also believe he lost the team today. i read the article in the ps with comments from daoust and bullough re inability to make adjustments due to their youth, and i guess i get that. hcss needed to throw in the towel and keep encouraging the players. i would have been ok with that as well. what i witnessed was again questionable calls, and desperation. that bothered me.

I'm amazed that anybody could be surprised by the result.

Away game.

Two TD underdog.

Key defensive players out.

Playing a physical defense.

This was entirely expected.

So the hue and cry is over the top.
agree with all of what u said---my concern was leaving dungey in the game----sign of desperation and poor coaching. as i said in another post i did not expect a win for various reasons

He is from Verona IIRC, and has been a Belichek disciple for over 12 years. I would clearly trust him as HC, but would much rather see us hire a offensive-minded guy with HC experience. Like crazy offensive-minded. I want to see us light the Dome up with like 42-45 points/game.

If he's like Belichick he's going to figure out his personnel before he decides if they are relying on O or D. Ya know being pragmatic about it. I am in favor of a coach who tries to win w what he has vs a beauty contest. Through 4 games we looked good but now we look and are terrible

If there's anything we've learned the last few weeks it's the importance of a HC who is quick, confident and savvy on all in game decisions.

The next guy MUST be a proven HC.
I don't agree with this. You don't need head coaching experience to understand how to manage a football game. You just need to be intelligent and quick-thinking.

If he's like Belichick he's going to figure out his personnel before he decides if they are relying on O or D. Ya know being pragmatic about it. I am in favor of a coach who tries to win w what he has vs a beauty contest. Through 4 games we looked good but now we look and are terrible
Patricia is a smart guy but when has NE had a dominant defense when he's been in charge of it? Plus what does he know about modern-day college offenses? I don't care about him being an assistant at SU 100 years ago. He's an NFL guy with an NFL mentality. Enough of that. This program needs a young college offensive guru.

To me it appeared to be over half way through the 2nd quarter!
It was 10-21 at halftime with SU receiving the 2nd half kickoff. Take that possession in for a TD (17-21) and it's still a ballgame.

It was 10-21 at halftime with SU receiving the 2nd half kickoff. Take that possession in for a TD (17-21) and it's still a ballgame.

If you look at momentum, for all intents and purposes the game was over after the pick 6. It shell shocked the team and we never had positive momentum after it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom