To those who are overreacting, please post here | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

To those who are overreacting, please post here

I meant non NCAAT games.

So 11-10 which includes a final 4 run.
I figured that's what you meant. But this is a different team than last season's, so why even go there. Just cut to the chase and say this team is 2-4 since the real games started and go from there.

I figured that's what you meant. But this is a different team than last season's, so why even go there. Just cut to the chase and say this team is 2-4 since the real games started and go from there.

You're right, no debate on that front.

But the one thing it could possibly show is that it could be our game plan designed by the coaches as well.

I really can't break it down and figure out if it's the plan or the execution of the plan. It's very difficult to defend the players because they don't seem to do much (Lydon was great today though), or defend the coaching because our offense looks worse than a poor high school teams.

In other words, if you aren't a subjective fan that knows the game and wants to express discontent, this isnt the place to do it? If you are a donor and wear your orange sweater to each game, clap and sit and say " oh well" at the end of a loss, then this is your thread. Have fun.

Well two double digit losses to NCAA teams certainly isn't going to help us make it.

Maybe you should change your name to RageAgainstTheCuse for the season ;) Youd have a much better soundtrack!

I need to do what UConn fans have probably been doing since they went mid-major: crack open a beer and bask in the glory of yesteryear while watching some good games of ours from years past. Mr. Wesley Johnson's coming-out party at MSG in 2009 when he lit up UNC sounds like a good place to start. What a thing of beauty that team was.

I do the same thing, but have been off the bottle since may by choice(thinking of rescinding that soon) and replacing it with a variety of things Ive found after research. I like the old teams idea. Sometimes I like to look at Fab Melo's 360 slam. I suppose it's better than looking at photos of past girlfriends, although maybe metaphorically equivalent?

You're right, no debate on that front.

But the one thing it could possibly show is that it could be our game plan designed by the coaches as well.

I really can't break it down and figure out if it's the plan or the execution of the plan. It's very difficult to defend the players because they don't seem to do much (Lydon was great today though), or defend the coaching because our offense looks worse than a poor high school teams.
For the most part, against good opponents this team has not played well defensively, hasn't rebounded the ball well on the defensive end, and hasn't gotten to free throw line enough. I believe the talent is there to change all that, but so far the pieces aren't meshing.

So you guys can reflect on it come March. We lost two games to two NCAA Tournament teams that are going to be at least 4-5 seeds. It's November 30th. WE WILL BE OKAY
There is no evidence we will be okay. We played 4 teams with talent similar to ours. We are zero and four against those teams. I hate being so negative but today put me over the edge. I hope you are correct and I regret posting all this negativity I posted today. I really thought given our talent ,age, size and depth we might lose 4 or 5 all year. Man was I way off.

as bad as everybody says SU played and I don't disagree, they were down only 5 after missing 11 FTs (including front ends of 1 +1) with about 1 min to go. I think even got it to 3. (exact timing may be wrong but the gist is right) Point is that while I won't say everything is ok, I will say, let the season play out. There is talent there. And experience. It has taken Lydon 10 games to get his rhythm and he was in this system last yea. Let White and Gillon get theirs. if they do, then thing have a good chance to change.

Dude, its looking like we have to win 12 games in ACC to have a shot at tourney. Do you see that?

I hope you do and i hope you're right. But the zone is swiss cheese, the offense is 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 on 5, the rebounding is bad, the FT's are bad, ball movement is non existent, we got our 1st good steal/fast break of the season and FH show dogged dropped the ball behind his head in traffic and it was blocked... and love JB but he is going to do more of the same and isn't going to tinker with zone/press/half court offense - what do you think is going to change so drastically and so immediately?

I meant non NCAAT games.

that makes no sense. you can't pick and choose the games and hop around the schedule to try to prove your point (i agree with your point too).

Just start with the 3-6 ending to 2014. 50-37. boom point proven.

My pessimistic predictions:
1. Lydon goes pro
2. So does Battle
3. Roberson leaves the team before the season ends.

My pessimistic predictions:
1. Lydon goes pro
2. So does Battle
3. Roberson leaves the team before the season ends.

Sad part is, if any of those happen singularly I wouldn't be surprised. If they all happen, I still wouldn't be surprised.

Wouldn't be shocked that if we do get a solid PG recruit coming in that FH transfers.

JB said the same exact thing about FH that he did about Roberson last year in not the exact words but "If I had someone else I'd play them".

I've got nothing

I too thought we were final 4 bound after the 1st 4 games of the season. The wheels have come off and this is a disaster like we've never seen before for SU hoops.

My reaction - This team won't win more than 15 games (and I am being optimistic here because I want to say 10).

It amazes me to think where we were just before the season - brimming with optimism - JB stating he thought we had tons of talent - shooters, size, FT shooting, versatility. We had talent at every position - 10 guys capable of earning legitimate minutes.

To go from that to aweful performances against SC and Wisconsin and being swept by UConn, Georgetown, and St. f*ing John's is truly "impressive."

I was pissed off after we destroyed Eastern Michigan thinking - why in the hell can't we do that against any team that has relevance (name, record, anything)?

It is difficult to fully let the fact soak in to my brain that we got DESTROYED at HOME to FIVE AND SEVEN ST. JOHN'S! I have been a lifelong SU fan - watched from the early 80's to today and can tell you this is the lowest I have felt about my team - ever.

The shock waves from this loss and this season may be felt for many years to come.

I too thought we were final 4 bound after the 1st 4 games of the season. The wheels have come off and this is a disaster like we've never seen before for SU hoops.

We've got the talent on paper. At this point it's us playing poorly plus chemistry issues. Everybody looks lost out there except for Lydon.

It amazes me to think where we were just before the season - brimming with optimism - JB stating he thought we had tons of talent - shooters, size, FT shooting, versatility. We had talent at every position - 10 guys capable of earning legitimate minutes...

It is difficult to fully let the fact soak in to my brain that we got DESTROYED at HOME to FIVE AND SEVEN ST. JOHN'S! I have been a lifelong SU fan - watched from the early 80's to today and can tell you this is the lowest I have felt about my team - ever.
The reason many of us thought this was a top 20 team was exactly because of what Boeheim said pre-season.
He's usually not prone to hyperbole.
We believed him.
But this year he was either playing a cruel joke on us or desperately needs to have his eyes checked.

There is no doubt at all...this is the WORST team of the Boeheim era BY FAR!
The backcourt is beyond bad.
There is near zero team chemistry and passion (besides Tyler Lydon...the only guy consistently laying it on the line).
Howard and Roberson have taken huge strides...BACKWARDS!

And I think we're about to see the onslaught of national media stories about this being Boeheim's first losing season with a terrible team.

It's just amazing that ALL of us were fooled by the pre-season analysis. I have no words for how we've been playing. It's disappointing more than anything else.

I bought season tickets the day AW3 committed.

The easy Monmouth win had me salivating.

The South carolina game had me worried

The wisconsin game had me w t f

The uconn game was it for me. In their current form, they are a really really bad team. a win under 15 points would have been considered a bad win.

This thread has amazing potential especially when/if we bump it right before selection sunday
Forget selection sunday... How about after every game Popcorn and soda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom