Tommy Devito in the portal | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who has a better chance of making the NFL, TD or GS?

One thing is for sure…and perhaps most important…TD seems to have the respect of his teammates as he walks out the door.

really good article from Bailey.
Agree. That was a good piece. Everyone said the right things.

everyone has always said nice things about Tommy. It’s so weird that his dad is the way he is. His mom must be a saint.

So who has a better chance of making the NFL, TD or GS?
As a qb? Probably me. But, GS could make a roster on sheer guts and natural abilities. Once he gets up to speed, might be one of the fastest players on our team.

Last edited:
Agree. That was a good piece. Everyone said the right things.

everyone has always said nice things about Tommy. It’s so weird that his dad is the way he is. His mom must be a saint.
I spoke to his Dad a few years ago. Hes a nice guy loves his kid just too close to the situation. Im sure its tough given all of the issues.
Coaching changes
Worst OL in D1
Injuries
Covid.
If Lewis hadn't left i believe this would have had a happy ending. I truly believe he was a huge loss.
I hope Tommy ends up at Kent State if not i hope he gets a great degree. Im pulling for him.

If he’s not that good we should have no problem facing him and even welcome it.
Agreed. No problem. But I don’t think the situation will arise.

Syr.com article this morning lays out the extent of the injuries the kid had. He was beat up pretty good last year. Definitely had PTSD on getting hit

I spoke to his Dad a few years ago. Hes a nice guy loves his kid just too close to the situation. Im sure its tough given all of the issues.
Coaching changes
Worst OL in D1
Injuries
Covid.
If Lewis hadn't left i believe this would have had a happy ending. I truly believe he was a huge loss.
I hope Tommy ends up at Kent State if not i hope he gets a great degree. Im pulling for him.
I'm sorry but someone who, in private conversations, throws dirt on and makes derogatory comments about his sons' team mates isn't a nice guy.

Shrader, as a TE

Yeah, Shrader is currently like a homeless man’s Tebow.

Assuming he can catch the ball (and he’s made some shortstop-like snares of errant snaps, so his hands seem to be above average) -
He’s got the size and speed to be an excellent pass catching TE.

Read the article, interesting.

Remember his dad always bringing up that chart in all the threads.

It's too bad it didn't work out, obviously Cuse couldn't provide the things he needed to succeed and vice versa, he didn't have the skillset to help Cuse succeed.

Article is interesting, I am kind of conflicted after reading it. Agree that Tommy didn't get a bunch of support but he has a few lines in there to the extent that his and his parents expectations, requests were not met etc etc. This isn't pop warner Tommy, then again why does that surprise me, there are NBA stars making millions of dollars and teams are still having to deal with Mom and Dad. So absurd

Some days I wish I disliked sports

Yeah, Shrader is currently like a homeless man’s Tebow.

Assuming he can catch the ball (and he’s made some shortstop-like snares of errant snaps, so his hands seem to be above average) -
He’s got the size and speed to be an excellent pass catching TE.

Trick plays anyone?

Article is interesting, I am kind of conflicted after reading it. Agree that Tommy didn't get a bunch of support but he has a few lines in there to the extent that his and his parents expectations, requests were not met etc etc. This isn't pop warner Tommy, then again why does that surprise me, there are NBA stars making millions of dollars and teams are still having to deal with Mom and Dad. So absurd

Some days I wish I disliked sports

And written from Tommy’s perspective. Not the staff’s.

There is no doubt he played beat up and I respect him for it. So did Dungey, so did Hunt, so did every QB before him at some point.

Our OL was not very good the last couple of years…but I’m sure he did not point out that he was sacked at twice the rate as any other QB that played in games post Dungey! At some point you have to look in the mirror.

Good luck to him. But this teams’ personnel is better suiting for a heavier run based scheme, with the RPO game mixed in. We can move the ball against any program with the Beard (who is limited as a passer right now) .

I posted it earlier - rip the bad aid off. The younger kids time is now, and they are showing it. We do not need any malcontents to poison a young locker room.

Syr.com article this morning lays out the extent of the injuries the kid had. He was beat up pretty good last year. Definitely had PTSD on getting hit
That’s not exactly what he said.

I have to re-read - i thought he said he had PTSD where he took the pain killer shots.

Also I don't understand the charts that were included and the injury story is sad but it's football. Sadly that is what all these young men sign up for.

As for the play suggestions and transfer suggestions - I would love to know what other schools do when a player pushes schematic and personnel moves.

That was an interesting article.
A little bizarre to me...

Tommy tough'd out a lot of injuries and I respect him for that.

The stuff about transfers he pitched to the staff (and they rejected) is not a good look for him.

I know it's a brave new world but I couldn't imagine going behind my teammate's back to recommend a transfer replacement to his position coach and coordinator.

IMO, nothing good comes from making that public.

The stuff about transfers he pitched to the staff (and they rejected) is not a good look for him.

I know it's a brave new world but I couldn't imagine going behind my teammate's back to recommend a transfer replacement to his position coach and coordinator.

Yes it was definitely interesting. Apparently neither Tommy nor his dad have any issues with pointing out when other players aren't living up to their expectations.

Agreed. I think this article made the DeVito's come across rather poorly.

Hiring Mart
I'm sorry but someone who, in private conversations, throws dirt on and makes derogatory comments about his sons' team mates isn't a nice guy.
Good point. He was beyond out of bounds with his comments. Obviously i dont know Tommys father simply had a discussion with him and he came across as a good Father.

That’s not exactly what he said.
ok. I connected dots. Rib injury lead to pain killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom