Tommy DeVito | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy DeVito

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely like Tommy and would love to see him succeed in the NFL.

But I just don't agree with the narrative that his only problem at SU was a bad o-line. That was certainly part of the problem, but his general feel for the game and pocket presence in 2019 and then parts of 2020 and 2021 were horrendous.

Stop stop stop pro football focus ranked the supporting cast the worse in college football.. repeat after me ... we gave Tommy the worst dead last nobody worse then Cuse football!!! Don’t say a bad Line say the worst in all off football dead last !! Say it out loud we gave him the worst you can get ! Kid played 2019 with cracked ribs
2020 broke his ankle we couldn’t block lower lever teams
His last throw a 73 yard dime
Dino and Cuse failed him
Kid is ripping it in nfl
Ripped it at ILLIONOS
It’s us ... not him
Stop using your orange glasses
We were dead last two years in a row... say it dead last in support of a Qb and Dino’s system didn’t work he relied on two qbs who can’t pass and begged please make something happen ... apologize to Tommy and move on we will never see a better passer and you know it

Stop stop stop pro football focus ranked the supporting cast the worse in college football.. repeat after me ... we gave Tommy the worst dead last nobody worse then Cuse football!!! Don’t say a bad Line say the worst in all off football dead last !! Say it out loud we gave him the worst you can get ! Kid played 2019 with cracked ribs
Dino and Cuse failed him
Kid is ripping it in nfl
Ripped it at ILLIONOS
It’s us ... not him
We were dead last two years in a row... say it dead last in support of a Qb and Dino’s system didn’t work he relied on two qbs who can’t pass and begged please make something happen ... apologize to Tommy and move on we will never see a better passer and you know it
Is Tommy’s dad back?!

Dino and Cuse failed him
Kid is ripping it in nfl
Ripped it at ILLIONOS
It’s us ... not him
Did he really “rip it” at Illinois?

I’ve been here since the beginning

Yes he ripped it
Best completion percentage in school history... u just don’t listen
Say the facts a d move on
We were the worst 2019-2021 dead last
Was under the impression he dinked and dunked and game managed, and the defense and running game did the heavy lifting.

It’s interesting how we did better when Schrader took over.

I’ve been here since the beginning

Yes he ripped it
Best completion percentage in school history... u just don’t listen
Say the facts a d move on
We were the worst 2019-2021 dead last
You realize the stats for this past year where he “ripped it” are pretty damn similar to his 2019 year?

Dino and Cuse failed him
Kid is ripping it in nfl
Ripped it at ILLIONOS
It’s us ... not him
Tommy failed Dino and Syracuse by not having any game feel when he was handed the reins. The line was bad, but he made them look worse.

Tommy failed Dino and Syracuse by not having any game feel when he was handed the reins. The line was bad, but he made them look worse.
Lol this is ridiculous. Your clock gets sped up even more when you don't have a line. He was under poise at Illinois due to them having a superior line.

Lol this is ridiculous. Your clock gets sped up even more when you don't have a line. He was under poise at Illinois due to them having a superior line.
His 2022 stats were pretty similar to his 2019 stats.

2022 Illinois won more than 2019 Syracuse because they had a nasty defense. They scored 24 points per game.(not good) They gave up 12.(incredible)

Okay dad.

IMG_1248.jpeg

No it’s the truth. His year at Illinois was his 6th season, and by then he learned a bit.

I listened to the Giants radio call, Chris Carino and Sean O'Hara, neither of them did much homework because at least twice they said Tommy played for Syracuse and never mentioned Illinois. Kinda tells you how much college football is followed in NYC metro.
It will change when Cuse plays Pitt at Yankee Stadium this year. Not!

It will change when Cuse plays Pitt at Yankee Stadium this year. Not!
It’s really one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard.

It’s one thing to play a season opening game against a non league national power at Metlife, who wouldn’t come play us at the Dome anyway.

But a team that nobody cares about that we play in league games every year no matter what….and we give up a home game to play them in a baseball stadium??!! So bad.

It’s really one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard.

It’s one thing to play a season opening game against a non league national power at Metlife, who wouldn’t come play us at the Dome anyway.

But a team that nobody cares about that we play in league games every year no matter what….and we give up a home game to play them in a baseball stadium??!! So bad.
It’s because SU-Pitt was the first football game at Yankee Stadium 100 years ago. You can say it’s not the same stadium and that it sucks that SU is giving up a home game, but that’s the rationale. I’m not saying I disagree with you either.

As a STH in NJ, the game is closer to me than the regular home games but I’m not dragging my butt out to that stadium again for a game. I’ve done that a couple times before and I doubt I’ll ever do it again. The novelty has worn off.

It’s because SU-Pitt was the first football game at Yankee Stadium 100 years ago. You can say it’s not the same stadium and that it sucks that SU is giving up a home game, but that’s the rationale.

As a STH in NJ, the game is closer to me than the regular home games but I’m not dragging my butt out to that stadium again for a game. I’ve done that a couple times before and I doubt I’ll ever do it again. The novelty has worn off.
They gonna wear leather helmets and run the ball 97% of the time too?

We have better things now. Like real football stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom