Tommy DeVito | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy DeVito

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gonna wear leather helmets and run the ball 97% of the time too?

We have better things now. Like real football stadiums.

r

I watched 3 Illinois games. They didn’t let him do anything. They played amazing defense and ran the ball with brown. Devito was tasked with throwing the ball within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.
He did what he was asked to do. A game manager. A swell concept when you have a stout line that was built for the run game (Bielema special) with a defense that could hold its own.

I will never understand the hate that this kid manufactured on the board. Everyone forms like Voltron when there's a positive mention of him. It's so ridiculous, that Rex Culpepper (a worse QB by every metric) is brought up as getting sacked less. That's how ridiculous you all sound. The same QB that spiked the ball on 4th Down to lose a game is brought up as someone who was better.

He did what he was asked to do. A game manager. A swell concept when you have a stout line that was built for the run game (Bielema special) with a defense that could hold its own.

I will never understand the hate that this kid manufactured on the board. Everyone forms like Voltron when there's a positive mention of him. It's so ridiculous, that Rex Culpepper (a worse QB by every metric) is brought up as getting sacked less. That's how ridiculous you all sound. The same QB that spiked the ball on 4th Down to lose a game is brought up as someone who was better.

Extra credit for the Voltron reference.

I watched 3 Illinois games. They didn’t let him do anything. They played amazing defense and ran the ball with brown. Devito was tasked with throwing the ball within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.
He would take a couple shots a game and it was always down the right sideline. Same as he did here.

He would take a couple shots a game and it was always down the right sideline. Same as he did here.

For passes greater than 20 yards, he threw 14 to the left, 12 over the middle and 16 to the right.

I’ve been here since the beginning

Yes he ripped it
Best completion percentage in school history... u just don’t listen
Say the facts a d move on
We were the worst 2019-2021 dead last

Which beginning?

His 2022 stats were pretty similar to his 2019 stats.

2022 Illinois won more than 2019 Syracuse because they had a nasty defense. They scored 24 points per game.(not good) They gave up 12.(incredible)

And they play in the B10 which is a weak conference that just so happens to have a lot of fans.

And they play in the B10 which is a weak conference that just so happens to have a lot of fans.
2019 Syracuse was a crap team in every way, let’s face it. But I do love your Big 10 bashing, please keep that up, the world needs more of that ;)

His first game was very TDesque. Good completion % but no yards (dinks) and sacked a lot. I didn't see any of the last game, but it looks like he played well for once.

The thing that stood out for me the first game was how small he is. Surrounded by NFL OLmen he looked like a little kid. That might be his issue and why he is so good 7x7 and not in games. If he can't see the field well due to his size it might be the cause of his problems.

Reactions: CIL
It’s because SU-Pitt was the first football game at Yankee Stadium 100 years ago. You can say it’s not the same stadium and that it sucks that SU is giving up a home game, but that’s the rationale. I’m not saying I disagree with you either.

As a STH in NJ, the game is closer to me than the regular home games but I’m not dragging my butt out to that stadium again for a game. I’ve done that a couple times before and I doubt I’ll ever do it again. The novelty has worn off.

The ACC needs to be "pro-active" and think "outside the box," except when it comes to us.

They gonna wear leather helmets and run the ball 97% of the time too?

We have better things now. Like real football stadiums.
Cuse might, it seems to be the offense that everyone here loves.

Dino starts a TE at QB who doesn’t bother to even handoff to his stud RB and everyone falls all over themselves to praise the play.

The poster that said he/she has been here since the beginning (God is that you?) said that we had the worst supporting cast in all college football in those years but that DeVito was the best we ever had.

I pointed out that even Culpepper(great kid, team player but not a great QB) could make quicker decisions and get the ball out faster.

The game winning TD passes against Va Tech and Purdue just called. They told me to tell you to get off the pipe immediately

The next time Tommy makes throws like that UNDER DURESS in a clutch do or die situation will be the first time since NC in 2018
Fluck Tommy, he’s an Illinois boy who I hope never sees the field for the Giants.

Bench the TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors