Tommy Gun... | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Gun...

newmexicuse

All Conference
He looked pretty good in the Giants-Jets game. I must admit I never thought this kid had any pro potential, but he will probably stick as QB3 for the Jints.

Glad to see an ex-Cuser do well, too bad he did not play well for us.

Measurables get you stars, and get you into the NFL draft. They dont always produce in college or the pros.

I still do not believe he will stick, but he's already getting more opportunity than I ever thought possible

He can bounce around practice squads and be a 3rd qb. He won't ever be a starter or likely a backup a team wants to have to rely on much but he absolutely can hang around as a journeyman and make a nice living.

Watching TD in the press on had me thinking of his skills vs Ryan Nassib. Tommy might have been better served playing under Doug Marrone.
Agree 100% here. Pro style offense with a strong line that doesn’t require the QB to be creative with his feet would be perfect for him.

I’m glad to see he’s doing well but at the end of the day he’s a system QB that will always need a certain recipe to be successful.

Agree 100% here. Pro style offense with a strong line that doesn’t require the QB to be creative with his feet would be perfect for him.

I’m glad to see he’s doing well but at the end of the day he’s a system QB that will always need a certain recipe to be successful.
Paragraph 1 is Tom Brady no?

This bodes well for GS, think he has a really good shot given his size and mobility. He should put up serious #’s this year.

So true. And we all rooted for him to excel here Your words are also true for 99% of all QBs drafted. They all need growth and improvement. With his arm. I compare it to a pure shooter getting drafted to the NBA but who needs to work on D, moving wing without the ball, etc.

He looked pretty good in the Giants-Jets game. I must admit I never thought this kid had any pro potential, but he will probably stick as QB3 for the Jints.

Glad to see an ex-Cuser do well, too bad he did not play well for us.
2019 - 128th out of 130 teams in sacks given up per game

2020 - 119th out of 127 teams in sacks given up per game.

Do you not remember how bad our O-line was?

System QB.

He just walked in off Rt 3 this May and basically, flawlessly…just ran a Pro Offense for 3 games in August.

Soooo, was that the systems he was just in?

Or are the Giants running Don Boscos 2015-16 system??

Help me out here.

Thanks.

Yep, this is playing out exactly like I expected, and predicted, and posted here, back in the day. As a college qb with the unique variables to overcome here, it was a no-brainer that Shrader beat him out, rightfully so. Knew he’d have a good shot at the next level with that arm though, good for him.

If Tommy played in Marrone’s offense would he have been drafted?

If Tommy played in Marrone’s offense would he have been drafted?
I think he probably would have. If you dropped him into 2011/2012 he would have had strong veteran OL’s and strong veteran skill position talent. I think he really excels when he has a strong line and doesn’t have to elevate the players around him. Just focus on spinning the ball with his strong arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom