Tommy | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy

Oh I’m his biggest critic ... just sucks to lose so badly my concern is I thought our run game was going to be better it’s early in the season but I thought we be better
Yeah I know. I was just being funny. We’re just struggling right now across the board. Big explosive summer lifts doesn’t mean you’re going to win games and this might be dawning on them today. We will know what we have next week. Fight or not?

The weird thing is, if you had told us before the game that Tommy would be 28/39, 330 yards, 3 TDs, 1 int, I think we all sign up for that in a second.

It's mind blowing those were his numbers. I had to look at a couple different sites to confirm the first 2 i checked were correct. I would have taken those numbers in a second if you told me i could have that before the game. It just didn't feel like that at all. We just didn't seem to have a rhythm on offense all game. Say what you want, this program with Babers will always have to win with offense. The scary thing is i would say the offense has to be a lot better, but i just don't see how Devito is going to do better stat wise than we see today. I'd be interested to see breakdowns of his completion %'s/. I don't think he completed a pass outside of the pocket. With that said we better find a way to keep him protected to so he doesn't have to scramble.

Tommy was 28-39 for a 72% completion rate with an 8.5 yard average. Three very good TD passes. Yes, some bad decisions under duress, but that happens with young QBs.

The kid can pass folks. The rest will come.

We rushed for 79 yards on 29 carries, a 2.4 yard average. This was on the OLine today, which is weaker than we had hoped.

The rushing average is a bit misleading. We didn’t run much as it was but Adams averaged over 5ypc and moe was at 4. The 2.4 came from sacks and near the end Howard getting a few carries for nothing. Our 2 backs were 19 for 85. 4.5 ypc. Not great and no long runs but not horrible.

The rushing average is a bit misleading. We didn’t run much as it was but Adams averaged over 5ypc and moe was at 4. The 2.4 came from sacks and near the end Howard getting a few carries for nothing. Our 2 backs were 19 for 85. 4.5 ypc. Not great and no long runs but not horrible.
Agree. It wasn't that our running game was bad. It was that we HAD to pass when UM went up 3 touchdowns - moving the ball on us at will. The MD secondary knew this and started overplaying our WR's. They made us one dimensional on offense because we couldn't stop them on defense.

Tons of work to be done and no time to waste.

Last edited:
Utterly pointless contribution to this thread:

I did not realize until today that Tommy Devito was Joe Pesci's characters name in Goodfellas. Like I knew his first name was Tommy but didn't realize the last name was Devito.

It felt like when we needed to be able to rush for a 1st it got shut down a lot.

Not a statistical observation. That's what it felt like.

Utterly pointless contribution to this thread:

I did not realize until today that Tommy Devito was Joe Pesci's characters name in Goodfellas. Like I knew his first name was Tommy but didn't realize the last name was Devito.

Mind = blown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom