Tommy | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy

The bottom line is this... Tommy was 15-21 for about 200 yards with 3 TD's 5 minutes into the 3rd QTR.. with the D getting zero stops... He did not play badly today.. sure you can see inexperience but he didn't cost us this game... almost everyone else except TJ did... I believe if this game is near the end of the season its vastly different... we were not prepared on the D side of the ball.. our game plan of not playing the WR's at the LOS killed us today.. which would have allowed our LB's to help close the seams and gaps that were open in both the pass and run game.. Watch how Clemson is lining up against the ultimate RPO offense fro TX AM today. That is the way to beat it.. take away the short timing routes and throw off the timing of 1 read passes. Notice Josh Jackson today very rarely EVER went though a progression. He just threw to 1 option on timing plays 85% of the time. He knew where he was going with it before the play. I believe we still get to at least 7 wins this year maybe 8

Last edited:
Considering the fact that Maryland themselves will tell you their pass rush is suspect, and N johnson/harris have visibly given up on multiple plays. Maybe?

I don't think it's all on one player. But I do know that DeVito has made very bad decisions in critical times in two straight games.

Don Bosco didn't win big with him at the helm. My opinion until I'm proven wrong is he's a great 7-on-7 QB. We'll see.

Maryland might be for real
They are and we unfortunately are a work in progress. Keep your chin up. Better days are coming. In hindsight losing our top WR. 2 Senior tackles, an RB who might make the NFLboth LBs, an NFL DT and having to put the team on the road for the first two games is a tall task. I still see 8 or more wins. Gotta keep positive and keep grinding. I think we finish strong.

They are and we unfortunately are a work in progress. Keep your chin up. Better days are coming. In hindsight losing our top WR. 2 Senior tackles, an RB who might make the NFLboth LBs, an NFL DT and having to put the team on the road for the first two games is a tall task. I still see 8 or more wins. Gotta keep positive and keep grinding. I think we finish strong.

RB - we are better.
WR - we are not as good. miss Custis.
OL - had a couple issues but was not awful
QB - not good

Just my opinion.

The bottom line is this... Tommy was 15-21 for about 200 yards with 3 TD's 5 minutes into the 3rd QTR.. with the D getting zero stops... He did not play badly today.. sure you can see inexperience but he didn't cost us this game... almost everyone else except TJ did... I believe if this game is near the end of the season its vastly different... we were not prepared on the D side of the ball.. our game plan of not playing the WR's at the LOS killed us today.. which would have allowed our LB's to help close the seams and gaps that were open in both the pass and run game.. Watch how Clemson is lining up against the ultimate RPO offense fro TX AM today. That is the way to beat it.. take away the short timing routes and throw off the timing of 1 read passes. Notice Josh Jackson today very rarely EVER went though a progression. He just threw to 1 option on timing plays 85% of the time. He knew where he was going with it before the play. I believe we still get to at least 7 wins this year maybe 8

It starts with the coaches (Dino said so in the postgame) but there were many, many, many time Cuse players were in the right spot and missed the tackle, overran the hole etc

It starts with the coaches (Dino said so in the postgame) but there were many, many, many time Cuse players were in the right spot and missed the tackle, overran the hole etc
what upsets me about the D game plan is that we have the size from IFFY and TRILL to pressure the LOS and knock WR's off there routes and mess with there timing.. we played very soft today... Foster has been missing holes and tackles forever and yet nobody has replaced him.. I know the staff likes his size but what is he contributing out there? he makes a ton of easy mistakes... This definitely was one of Wards worst efforts.. reminded me of playing GT 5 or 6 years ago when you knew quickly we hadn't prepared a competent game plan

what upsets me about the D game plan is that we have the size from IFFY and TRILL to pressure the LOS and knock WR's off there routes and mess with there timing.. we played very soft today... Foster has been missing holes and tackles forever and yet nobody has replaced him.. I know the staff likes his size but what is he contributing out there? he makes a ton of easy mistakes... This definitely was one of Wards worst efforts.. reminded me of playing GT 5 or 6 years ago when you knew quickly we hadn't prepared a competent game plan

Maybe they feel like they can sit a guy with the nickname of NyQuil ? :confused:

We should not be running RPO with Tommy. Either run it for real or let him sling it.
The problem is that I don’t think he throws as well out of the pocket. He’s looked bad.

Ah, the fickleness of fans. The D gives up 9 TDs and we flog the QB.
It's the nature of the beast, I suppose.

The two unforced turnovers really sway opinion.

The Qb
[/Q
we lost as a team I’m not gonna throw people under the bus . Tommy played well 71% 330 yards abs 3 tds I’ll take that every week . Maryland had a better roster and out exacuted us end of story

Tommy was 28-39 for a 72% completion rate with an 8.5 yard average. Three very good TD passes. Yes, some bad decisions under duress, but that happens with young QBs.

The kid can pass folks. The rest will come.

We rushed for 79 yards on 29 carries, a 2.4 yard average. This was on the OLine today, which is weaker than we had hoped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom