Tommy | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy

Will history say that Dungey was bigger than Dino?

(Yeah, this is the alcohol talking.)
Ward and Cav are bigger concern imo.

Starting on road for two games is a mental drain for a team esp the qb.

I think tommy has looked good today. Line is a mess w out the center

What the heck was that TD? Run the freakin’ ball for a first down.

Dungey might have made Lynch’s job easier.

Or might have masked the Lewis departure.
Dungey made everyone’s job easier. That being said, this OL is really really really performing poorly at the moment. Our receivers weren’t overly impressive last year either, just the truth. I think it’s time the depth chart takes a shake

His improvising hasn't been the best but neither has the receivers.

Whenever a play breaks down the receivers seemingly just jog slowly to the sidelines and stare at Devito instead of trying to break open.
Thank you omg seeing it live he has. Nowhere to go with. It

Lol you think that’s it?
Considering the fact that Maryland themselves will tell you their pass rush is suspect, and N johnson/harris have visibly given up on multiple plays. Maybe?

Yeah, the scariest part is Tommy not seemingly paying attention to down and distance. If its 4th down, throw it up for grabs, not out of bounds. If it's 2nd and 3, don't throw the ball to the other team when you have nothing.

I hate to say it but TD is about a half a second behind the game

Did u want him to throw a pick 6 ? I’m watching the whole field nobody open
Throwing a pick 6 there was unlikely, but yes I would prefer throwing it up deep and creating a jump ball over handing the ball to Maryland. But I think that is in the coaches.

I notice many people are breaking the quarterbacks cookies but nobody is busting the receiving corps that other than Jackson is MIA. Riley and Johnson are too small and Harris gets knocked off his route by a stiff wind. They are not good and are not helping the quarterback. The offensive line is not good. Not sure what you have been recruiting if every year you have to bring in grad transfers or JUCO's who then have to learn a complicated system and struggle. DeVito played good enough to win today. The defense was just lost the entire game. This was tough to watch but never the less I did. Lots of air came out of the balloon for the casual fan and the prospect of being 1-2 by September 15th won't help. Here's to the O line getting it together and the wide receivers come back from being AWOL and the defense puts down the press clippings and remembers how to tackle. This one wasn't on the quarterback despite the two turnovers. He threw for three touchdowns. Very frustrated, Go Orange!!!!!!!

Yeah, I don’t want to pile on anyone. Today was frustrating any way you look at it. I think we’ll look back at this as a rallying point. We’re better than what we saw today. LFGO

The offensive troubles begin with the O-Line. With Heck out and others moving around to fill spots instead of their regular positions, there is no cohesiveness necessary to open holes for the RBs and poor pass blocking for TD.

Re: TD: He does well with an up-tempo game. He needs to accept he will be rolling out a bunch this fall so he needs to start looking left. I know, this is a very hard throw, but TD has the arm and accuracy to do this. Often on a roll out, the receivers on the opposite side of the field have the lead over their defenders and Tommy can lead them so the defense does not have a shot at the ball. Alternatively, if the Defense breaks first, the receivers should drop back and allow Tommy to "lob" the ball to him. Do this a couple times per game and the defense must respect him more.

TD should also run more often. With his speed and QB sense (i.e. SLIDE!), he can make Defenses stay home more often, especially in passing situations. Situational decisions are what makes a QB an elite QB or an average QB.

The receivers cannot quit. N.J looks like he gives up. T.J. played hard. We have other receivers (yes, I understand they were injured in the preseason and timing is off) who need to step up. You cannot give up on plays.

Re: RBs: Need to run Abdul Adams more. He is a punishing runner and is far better straight up the middle on large numbers of carries than Mo Neal. Both should be utilized more receiving across the middle as neither is an easy stop once they cross the line of scrimmage.

The defense failed to show up until the third quarter. The LBs were almost never there. DBs were confused. The line failed to get pressure in the first half. In the second, they got into Jackson's head and if they had done that in the first, the game would have been much closer.

While TD deserves his share of the blame, the whole loss is on the team, not one player. We have the right tools to win, just everyone to step up a notch or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom