Tommy | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy

I’m optimistic he will be better against Maryland but I can’t deal with this narrative.

Maryland’s D is on tape... yay!!! But, hear me out, what if they throw a different defense at us!? Whatever will we do?? Turtle up, pun intended, and throw a million screens because the downfield passing attack is a disaster?

That’s a scary indictment of our coaching staffs ability to adjust if we were so flummoxed by Liberty’s defense. I refuse to believe that’s the case. Maybe a tiny bit of it, but if I’m leaning towards excuses - I’m hanging my hat on Tommy had a bad day and we didn’t want to put much on tape for Maryland.

College defenses don’t change that much from game to game. It can be sussed out. College practices don’t really allow for a ton of variance.

Dino said it took them a while to adjust to what they were doing and then for a young offense to put it into practice live in a game, on the fly. Made sense to me.

It's Liberty guys. If you think their defense confused our coaches and offense then that's a huge huge problem.

It didn’t confuse our coaches. They didn’t know what they would see and adjusting on the fly with a QB making their first start made it difficult.

We 368 yards of offense. It wasn’t like a totally inept performance.

People need to slow up and go back to trusting Dino. He’s not let us down yet. You have an accurate QB who can make all the throws for a O HC who routinely puts out top offenses. It might take a bit, but we’ll be ok.

TD and the O will have the special teams and D's back when they struggle and that to me is what makes a great team. Win one game 13-10 , another 45-38 and another 22-14 (lots of FG's and punt pindowns).

It's going to be a tough division this year Boys and Girls of Brooklyn High so be ready for some battles.

Question here. It was clear, as a lot of folks has stated, that Dino shut the offense down and went plain vanilla. I had a friend over watching the game and I told him the play calling looked like the Scott Shafer "run 3 up the middle and punt" for much of the game. I'm going to assume that was absolutely by design. However, my question is this - It was clear TD was having trouble and the miscommunications with the WR (I felt for TJ - he could do no right in that game) were obvious. Do you think HCDB put a no throwing punishment, essentially grounding TD and the receivers? It sure seemed like late in the game would've been a good opportunity to work out the kinks if there was real concern. To me, this felt more like a message along the lines of "You're our starter now, act like it" may have been being sent.

Of course, I'm probably over thinking in it and it was just a vanilla offense for the game to limit MD from game planning too much.

Has he had even a halfway decent performance away from the Dome?

He hasn’t looked great, but he’s a good one and will be for the next few years. TD didn’t give up 42 points in the first half.

He hasn’t looked great, but he’s a good one and will be for the next few years. TD didn’t give up 42 points in the first half.

The two early turnovers helped put us in a huge hole...

But it turns out it doesn’t matter the way this D is playing.

He can obviously throw the ball. Needs to keep developing everything else.

The two early turnovers helped put us in a huge hole...

But it turns out it doesn’t matter the way this D is playing.

He can obviously throw the ball. Needs to keep developing everything else.

How do you perceive he can throw the ball? He has been as inaccurate as any QB we have had over 1.5 games.

He’s 16-22 for 242 today...
I’m here live. He’s brutal. Pocket awareness is awful. No ability to improvise when things go south. There are plenty of other issues but he ain’t good right now.

His stats are actually better than Jackson's. Jackson has a lot better supporting cast. Taj Harris and Nykeim Johnson are the invisible men.

I’m here live. He’s brutal. Pocket awareness is awful. No ability to improvise when things go south. There are plenty of other issues but he ain’t good right now.

His improvising hasn't been the best but neither has the receivers.

Whenever a play breaks down the receivers seemingly just jog slowly to the sidelines and stare at Devito instead of trying to break open.

that's the way it's looked on TV too.