Tonight is a win-win... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tonight is a win-win...

I don't know how Duke learned to rebound the ball lately but they get after it. It's scary that they can put 4 good 3 pt shooters on the floor at the same time. Going to be a challenge.

Duke was much the better team. They moved the ball brilliantly, played great defense and did not get killed on the boards- they did the killing, especially in the second half. They were talking about the easy schedule Duke had after us. There is no way Pitt was going to finsih ahead of that team in the standings. The Devils will be a huge challenge this Saturdays. After mopping the floor with Pitt at the Pete, they certainly won't be intimidated by the Dome.

Not a good night from our point of view.
Swc the Pete is not 36k at the Dome...were gonna pound duke.

Last edited:
Duke was much the better team. They moved the ball brilliantly, played great defense and did not get killed on the boards- they did the killing, especially in the second half. They were talking about the easy schedule Duke had after us. There is no way Pitt was going to finsih ahead of that team in the standings. The Devils will be a huge challenge this Saturdays. After mopping the floor with Pitt at the Pete, they certainly won't be intimidated by the Dome.

Not a good night from our point of view.

Luckily, the transitive property doesn't apply in sports.

This was a great night from our point of view--Pitt picked up another loss in the standings, and we have the opportunity to control our own destiny with Duke starting on Saturday. There is literally no downside "from our point of view." Oh Lord

Last edited:
Duke now has to be the favorite to win the acc and the national title. Our chances this saturday took a major hit. Most impressive team I have seen so far. We gotta be crazy thinking our weak ass schedule has prepared us for the mighty blue devils. I may just not watch the game as it is a lost cause. It was a fun thought while it lasted..

SWC75 said:
Duke was much the better team. They moved the ball brilliantly, played great defense and did not get killed on the boards- they did the killing, especially in the second half. They were talking about the easy schedule Duke had after us. There is no way Pitt was going to finsih ahead of that team in the standings. The Devils will be a huge challenge this Saturdays. After mopping the floor with Pitt at the Pete, they certainly won't be intimidated by the Dome. Not a good night from our point of view.

Sure it is. Gives pitt two losses and we are a much better team than pitt.

Do you really think duke will make 13 threes saturday?

Duke now has to be the favorite to win the acc and the national title. Our chances this saturday took a major hit. Most impressive team I have seen so far. We gotta be crazy thinking our weak ass schedule has prepared us for the mighty blue devils. I may just not watch the game as it is a lost cause. It was a fun thought while it lasted..

I get the whole half glass empty, woe is me, upstae ny'er routine but I really hope this post is sarcasm.

Guinness said:
I get the whole half glass empty, woe is me, upstae ny'er routine but I really hope this post is sarcasm.

Yes its sarcasm

Not a chance.. its straight up over at this point...;)

Sure it is. Gives pitt two losses and we are a much better team than pitt.

Do you really think duke will make 13 threes saturday?
They make maybe 7, big maybe . 3's are fools gold for the other team against us. I encourage them to shoot 3's. If it's 10 3's they make there will be some misses in between, we just have to rebound.

My positive from Duke's win is that our players see a classic program hitting its stride and gunning straight for #2. If we put them down then that seals our tournament resume for a one seed. Lots of motivation here, our young citrus men will be fired up on Saturday!

My positive from Duke's win is that our players see a classic program hitting its stride and gunning straight for #2. If we put them down then that seals our tournament resume for a one seed. Lots of motivation here, our young citrus men will be fired up on Saturday!

I can't envision any circumstances where our players wouldn't be sky high to play Duke on Saturday, regardless of what they're ranked.

We will be ready.

Pitt walked into the dome like brad pitt walking into a whorehouse expecting to be served up another piece of roasted orange. Their recent success against us fueled by dixon had them convinced they would win.

Tonight I saw a team intimidated by the name on the other teams jersey who forgot how to play tough defense and box out. Like usual, the moment was too big for them. They looked like tournament pitt tonight.

Duke obliged by executing with ease and moving around the spectating pitt players like the rabbit vs the tortoise. Duke has better athletes than pitt much like we did. That boost of confidence was missing and it showed. It was too big of a moment for pitt.

saturday I expect to see a team ready for the blue devils and a blue devil team a bit shellshocked playing against our length. Everything that was easy vs pitt wont be so much vs us. Looking forward to dropping the dukies.

Pitt walked into the dome like brad pitt walking into a whorehouse expecting to be served up another piece of roasted orange. Their recent success against us fueled by dixon had them convinced they would win.

Tonight I saw a team intimidated by the name on the other teams jersey who forgot how to play tough defense and box out. Like usual, the moment was too big for them. They looked like tournament pitt tonight.

Duke obliged by executing with ease and moving around the spectating pitt players like the rabbit vs the tortoise. Duke has better athletes than pitt much like we did. That boost of confidence was missing and it showed. It was too big of a moment for pitt.

saturday I expect to see a team ready for the blue devils and a blue devil team a bit shellshocked playing against our length. Everything that was easy vs pitt wont be so much vs us. Looking forward to dropping the dukies.
Might be my favorite post ever!

If good SU shows up for both halves, it should be great game. If good SU shows up & then inexplicably forgets how to play basketball for several minutes, they'll get their asses handed to them.

I thought the exact same thing. You would have thought they were playing in Cameron and not at the Pete. This was a tournament game for them and they choke down the stretch. I like Dixon but I thought once Kersey went over to talk to him the 2nd time that was the beginning of the end for Pitt. Dixon tries to be an intimidator but he got silenced by the zebras.

suhoops4life said:
If good SU shows up for both halves, it should be great game. If good SU shows up & then inexplicably forgets how to play basketball for several minutes, they'll get their asses handed to them.

Unless bad Duke shows up. They've been more inconsistent than we have - hence the bad losses.

Well bad su has shown up a few times and their asses were left alone... good duke has to show up for them to win. Thats very possible but good duke doesnt guarantee a win for them. Good su gets us a win without doubt.

I am by nature a cautious optimist. I'm hopeful we can beat Duke but if they play as well as they did tonight- and they are on a winning streak- I think it will be very hard, (but not impossible). I don't like to assume success and then feel as if my pocket has been picked if it doesn't happen. I prefer pleasant surprises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom