Tony Bennet Post Game Press Conference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tony Bennet Post Game Press Conference

That said... that dude is CLUTCH whiner or not. I've never watched one of his Virginia games and not been screaming at the TV to get up on him!

Yep, can't give him space. He will drill it. 25 feet out.

The foul (if there was one) definitely was 'on the floor' and would've been called on Battle as he was guarding him. There was contact, but it appeared rather inconsequential, however, only 5 team fouls on SU at that time, so if a foul had been called, there wouldn't have been any free throws.

True I think they had 5 fouls then... it was slightly close but u rarely get the continuation there in college.

I didn't really get his gripes...that one play he went crazy on, I'm not sure where the foul was. Lydon obviously didn't touch him, the only contact was the bump on the initial drive. The announcers kept talking like they saw a foul too - but where? That's a bump that happens 80 times a game and gets called like 10 - and that's on the floor anyway. Then they gift him a call the next possession when he just lowered his shoulder and drove straight into Battle or Gillon.

He knew his team was in deep trouble and he was desperate. That's how I saw it.

He was woofing the refs hard for an and1 on a late drive. Then he was ripping the ref on the next possession after getting called for a foul. Any of our guys would have been t'd up for that IMO. He was a cry baby all game to the refs as well.
Horrors!

I didn't really get his gripes...that one play he went crazy on, I'm not sure where the foul was. Lydon obviously didn't touch him, the only contact was the bump on the initial drive. The announcers kept talking like they saw a foul too - but where? That's a bump that happens 80 times a game and gets called like 10 - and that's on the floor anyway. Then they gift him a call the next possession when he just lowered his shoulder and drove straight into Battle or Gillon.

Went back to the tape and looked at it...there was bump and could have called but it was well before the shot, and his made basket would have been waived off. Does he really want a foul called vs 2 points????

I took at least 2 things away from his presser: 1) not all bunnies are easy. How many has SU missed this year and how much has it cost them. 2) apparently the zone is not your tavern league zone and the game has NOT passed it by.

that would be a great hire but honestly i've never been a fan of poaching within conference. unwritten rule with a karma codicil.

Went back to the tape and looked at it...there was bump and could have called but it was well before the shot, and his made basket would have been waived off. Does he really want a foul called vs 2 points????

He wanted the NBA HOF'er continuation call there.
Guys like Jordan and Lebron will get that call as an And-1, even if they take 2-3 steps after the foul before shooting the ball.

In college, in that game situation, it's either a non-shooting foul on the floor (they weren't in bonus) OR the made basket.

Only for Duke players at Cameron is that remotely an And-1 opportunity. :p

Very difficult to not like the guy. Would feel very good about any program being in his hands.

Classy coach and gives credit to where it's due.

Im a huge Tony Bennet fan. Took me awhile to get over the jealousy of the perfect hair but when I did - I learned to really appreciate and respect him.

Same kinda goes with Jay Wright.

Perrantes can ball. Always been a fan of Bennett, UVA, and especially Charlottesville. As good as it gets for a a college town.

No chance.
Correct. No chance Bennett comes to SU. He will stay at Virginia forever, with one caveat. He could take the NBA challenge.

No reason for him to jump to SU or Duke or UNC or Wisconsin or UCLA or Kansas. He can have remarkably similar successes in Charlottesville and he is already 8-10 years into his reign.

Think I am crazy? Boeheim made this exact decision when he spurned Ohio State in the mid-80s.

Repete. He'd only leave for the NBA. Not now, but a few years down the line. 50-50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom