Tony Bennett is so overrated | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tony Bennett is so overrated

PoppyHart said:
So he's a better coach than the others? Why?

I didnt say that. I just said he wasnt overrated. Thats a silly statemenr

Like the poster, respect the opinion(that I disagree with), but hate this thread.

amazing coach. incredible calmness, great system and great balence often without an amazing star.

Right terrible job he's done winning at Wash. freaking St (bottom 5 power5 job?) & then crushing the best conference w/ zero McD's AAs.

amazing coach. incredible calmness, great system and great balence often without an amazing star.

Yeah, ok.

1st team: Brodgon
2nd team: Harris
H.M. : Mitchell

1st team: Brogdon
2nd team: Anderson
3rd team: Gill
H.M.: Perrantes

2016:
1st team: Brogdon
3rd team: Hill
H.M.: Perrrantes

Right terrible job he's done winning at Wash. freaking St (bottom 5 power5 job?) & then crushing the best conference w/ zero McD's AAs.

Who said he did a terrible job? Let's not move the goal posts.

Well, in all fairness, with Wash State his worst year was the year he left. (Guess he didn't foresee Klay Thompson). But the Sweet 16 year, he beat Mike Brey in the Round of 32. Who doesn't do that? I mean, unless ND wins tonight. And then they got crushed by a coach-less UNC in the S16

I really hope the fellating stops. It was almost as Chris Paul levels.

Best teams in the conference over 3 years and he's got 6 NCAA wins to show for it.

Let's take the hate goggles for Dixon and Williams and (until yesterday) Wright off and place them squarely on Charlottesville.
Honestly, it's tough to judge coaches. A buddy of mine thinks Jay Wright and Bill Self are the two most overrated coaches currently. I think Tony B has done a great job these last couple years.

Plus, coaches look much better when their players execute. We all have years of memories where Cuse choked away plenty of leads, but I never said Jimmy was over-rated, ya know?

Honestly, it's tough to judge coaches. A buddy of mine thinks Jay Wright and Bill Self are the two most overrated coaches currently. I think Tony B has done a great job these last couple years.

Plus, coaches look much better when their players execute. We all have years of memories where Cuse choked away plenty of leads, but I never said Jimmy was over-rated, ya know?

yup. I'd include JTIII, Sean Miller, Chris Mack, Dana Altman, Gregg Marshall, and others in the convo.

I would love to have an overrated coach that has won the ACC twice and tied for second the past three seasons in addition to winning 6 tournament games over that span. That would be among Boeheim's best three year stretches of his career.

Best teams in the conference over 3 years and he's got 6 NCAA wins to show for it.

Let's take the hate goggles for Dixon and Williams and (until yesterday) Wright off and place them squarely on Charlottesville.
You cant lose an Elite 8 Game by blowing a 16 pt 2nd half lead and not have it reflect on your coaching. Look at it as if it happened to us how would we see it?

Come on, Poppy. He's been tremendous. UVA players made lots of What plays and had no answer for Malachi (like in Cville). If not for Sparty they would have had some serious deep runs in March the last few years.

Right, but we're treating him like Self or Izzo or Cal. "One of the best coaches [he's] ever seen]? We're getting way ahead of ourselves. How are his 1st 10 years at a P5 (incl. Big East) school better than Miller, JTIII, Dixon, Cal, Self, Izzo, Wright, etc...?

Right, but we're treating him like Self or Izzo or Cal. "One of the best coaches [he's] ever seen]? We're getting way ahead of ourselves. How are his 1st 10 years at a P5 (incl. Big East) school better than Miller, JTIII, Dixon, Cal, Self, Izzo, Wright, etc...?

True. I'll buy that. It will be interesting to see what he will do with some better recruits (on paper) coming in soon.

What a terrible post in both timing and substance. Best team in the conference and one of best records in the country with very few pros and no future NBA all stars...and a team that buys in and plays the game the right way on both ends. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Put a pot of coffee on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom