Tony Dorsett Era Pitt Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Tony Dorsett Era Pitt Uniforms

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
They were sharp on Saturday night.

The helmets with the script "Pitt" and the blue jerseys and gold pants harkened the viewer back to the real glory days of Pitt Panther Football.

And we looked like a half dozen other college teams that I was watching on TV at the Green Parrot in Newtown, PA on Saturday.

Sorry, but I had to say it.

With the grainy footage and less than stellar tv cameras from that era the dorsett era pitt unis appeared to have more orange than many of our current options

I thought our jerseys looked way better than Pitt.

That combo is fine, all the other ones suck big time.

What is it about our white unis that excites you? The fact that they're less offensive than our other combinations?

CanadianSU said:
I thought our jerseys looked way better than Pitt. That combo is fine, all the other ones suck big time.

No way. Our uniforms fit us well. We wear JV uniforms and its flat out embarrassing everytime we take the field

It's true. Those were great helmets. All-whites still look great for SU. Orange pants will eventually calm everyone's nads.

It's true. Those were great helmets. All-whites still look great for SU. Orange pants will eventually calm everyone's nads.
When. How freakin stupid not to have orange pants and jerseys to rotate right way.

No way. Our uniforms fit us well. We wear JV uniforms and its flat out embarrassing everytime we take the field
Yeah. They are ugly for sure, the white ones are just slightly less ugly.

I like the all-whites with the orange helmets for road games. They look sharp and the orange actually pops better against the white. The gray and drab blue are bad.

The road whites are my favorite. Both the white and orange helmets look great with it. I hope we keep them for a long time. We just need some home orange and we are all set. I will say the white helmets look awful with the other unis.