Tony White | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White

Wasn’t that basically Urban Meyer’s coaching staff at Florida (except Mullen was HC at MSU)?
I believe Hevesy was.

Grantham had been with Mullen since 2017. He was at Georgia and Louisville before joining Mullen.

I’d find a youngish like 35 year old that’s analytics focused and a killer on the recruiting trail
I would like to read about that focus if you have links and I assume we would be better if he were a killer in the recruiting trail here

Fun fact

He recruited and signed Chris Bleich in the class of 2018 while at Florida.

Chris class also included Kyle Pitts, Dameon Pierce, and Evan McPherson.
How about CDRW?

May be offensive to some, but him being a minority is going to be a plus.

I believe his units developed the best talent we have had in a while, while he was here. Some of his guys are playing on Sunday - something that cannot be said for most of the other units we roll out.
I don’t care if he kills kittens in front of preschoolers and has purple paisley skin with plaid hair. Gotta be better than this.

For Tony White to work all we have to do is find a young offensive genius who is analytically focused and a killer on the recruiting trail for the OC position...

Those fall off of trees nowadays. I mean plenty of those are available. Why wouldn't we just make that guy the head coach? I am sure if they check all those boxes they would have a good job already.

Of course we don't. But I refuse to believe we don't have the money that many other somewhat successful programs have. Take Wake for just one example. The last number of years they have been 8-5, 11-3, 4-5, 8-5, 7-6, 8-5 I would sign up for that. We can't compete at a high national level with the top schools. But we can compete with our peer schools and we haven't.
Have you ever been to Wake? I used to live in Winston Salem and have have been on the campus for hoops and football games...many times. It is a small private school that caters to a wealthy base and has the financial support of a well heeled, passionate group of alumni that Syracuse wishes it could emulate.
They have invested in facilities...before we did. So, I wouldn't try to compare us to Wake at all, they are in a different class.. See. part of the problem with our fan base is that we think we are peers with all of these programs, but in this new era of NIL, Collectives, and the ability to pay players legally, we really are not, and so our expectations need to change. Our new reality may very well be: 7-5 is a good year, 6-6 doesn't mean we need to fire the coach, and 10-2 every 5-6 years is a gift that we really appreciate. there are some who are suggesting we drop out of P5 football altogether!!

Outside of Mullen what about Charlie Strong, Derek Mason, Tom Herman and even Mora Jr. They all have head coaching experience that Tony lacks. I hope JW isn't setting the bar too low in his search. Those names plus Mullen and maybe Al Golden or Manny Diaz should all be considered before White.

That’s exactly what Dino was/was supposed to be. Didn’t work out b/c couldn’t recruit. Need to bring in someone young (defense or offense) who embraces the portal/NIL. I think Tony White could be that guy.
Tony isn't my first choice but i think he has huge upside with little downside. He can recruit, coach and motivate. I'm sure he will hire a young dynamic staff. He might knock it out of the park.

How about CDRW?
Class of 2021 - year after Anthony Richardson, another NFL guy.

So yes he recruited him and got a commit from him. I believe he didn't get a chance to coach him though as he was fired before he arrived on campus.

For Tony White to work all we have to do is find a young offensive genius who is analytically focused and a killer on the recruiting trail for the OC position...

Those fall off of trees nowadays. I mean plenty of those are available. Why wouldn't we just make that guy the head coach? I am sure if they check all those boxes they would have a good job already.
Sure do. There are about forty of them on this board

I would like to read about that focus if you have links and I assume we would be better if he were a killer in the recruiting trail here
Do you need me to send you links of young analytics driven coaches that have been successful? They are all over college and the NFL.

I believe his units developed the best talent we have had in a while, while he was here. Some of his guys are playing on Sunday - something that cannot be said for most of the other units we roll out.
Syracuse has a hard enough time landing decent head coaches. Putting any prerequisite like age, race, offensive guy, defensive guy, etc. should have zero bearing on the decision. Just get the best coach possible.

Have you ever been to Wake? I used to live in Winston Salem and have have been on the campus for hoops and football games...many times. It is a small private school that caters to a wealthy base and has the financial support of a well heeled, passionate group of alumni that Syracuse wishes it could emulate.
They have invested in facilities...before we did. So, I wouldn't try to compare us to Wake at all, they are in a different class.. See. part of the problem with our fan base is that we think we are peers with all of these programs, but in this new era of NIL, Collectives, and the ability to pay players legally, we really are not, and so our expectations need to change. Our new reality may very well be: 7-5 is a good year, 6-6 doesn't mean we need to fire the coach, and 10-2 every 5-6 years is a gift that we really appreciate. there are some who are suggesting we drop out of P5 football altogether!!
They also have a once in a lifetime coach. Once’s he’s gone, wake will be bad again

Syracuse has a hard enough time landing decent head coaches. Putting any prerequisite like age, race, offensive guy, defensive guy, etc. should have zero bearing on the decision. Just get the best coach possible.
Ik

I'm saying the fact the he is a minority would appeal to a certain portion of the administration

White's experience with the players may keep more here possibly. I'm sure that's a concern.
Elko proved DCs can work. Easy path for AD.

Do you need me to send you links of young analytics driven coaches that have been successful? They are all over college and the NFL.
Here we go with the reading comprehension. Edit I take that back sorry ,didn't want to delete in case you were already responding

I'm asking about Tony White. I want to be sold. Id love to read about his analytics focus. I thought you were talking about him

Ik

I'm saying the fact the he is a minority would appeal to a certain portion of the administration

I understand what you’re saying. I’m saying that should be irrelevant when making the decision who to hire.

I think White is the opposite of what we should hire but what do I know. I thought Dino was a home run. I’ve wanted him fired for 3 years now.

Not trying to pile on this program but is it even a certainty that Syracuse can offer him more money as HC than Nebraska can as DC? Nebraska decision makers/fan base actually want to win and are willing to do whatever it takes. TW has been a home run for them.

Not trying to pile on this program but is it even a certainty that Syracuse can offer him more money as HC than Nebraska can as DC? Nebraska decision makers/fan base actually want to win and are willing to do whatever it takes. TW has been a home run for them.
Yes. He’s only making 1M

I don’t care about a minority head coaching hire. I care about wins, a program that is disciplined, and a program that can develop prospects. There is not a single minority head coach in the entire southern P5 schools (SEC/B12).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom