Top 10 Freshmen Impact Players next sesaon | Syracusefan.com

Top 10 Freshmen Impact Players next sesaon

Marsh01

Living Legend
9. Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse
ESPN 100 Rank: No. 38

Throughout his prep career at nationally ranked St. Benedict's (N.J.), Ennis has always displayed a quiet confidence while leading his team. His role will be a difficult one at Syracuse, stepping in immediately for likely lottery pick Michael Carter-Williams at the point. But Ennis will shine as a first-year player because of his elite playmaking talents. He plays the game with no wasted motion and prides himself on being in control in pressure situations. He will excel in any ball-screen actions because he is a threat to either shoot it or drive it. The point guard spot has always been a strength for Syracuse, and it will be again with Ennis running the show.

We haven't missed on a PG recruit since my boy Josh Wright. No one reason to think Ennis won't continue the legacy of GMac-Flynn-Scoop-MCW
But oh what a miss!
We went after 3pgs that year;
Lowry goes to Nova - early lottery pick
Price goes to Uconn - one of their all time greats

Syracuse is, dare I say the words, a dream team for Tyler Ennis. As a pass first, supremely talented confident play maker, he'll be given a lot of options here at Syracuse. We'll have outside scoring threats with Fair (if he stays) and Grant at the corners. Hopefully Cooney, Johnson and Patterson can solidify themselves as good shooters as well. Along with a perimeter game, possibly as a nice change since this years team, we'll have a nice post presence. Fair and Grant work well in the post, still need some more muscle, and if Rak and Coleman can step there games up it will help out a lot too.

I think Ennis, as Carmelo was quoted, will leave a "bad taste" in the mouths of the ACC. This kid will turn a lot of heads.

I think Ennis, as Carmelo was quoted, will leave a "bad taste" in the mouths of the ACC. This kid will turn a lot of heads.

To be clear. Boatwright -" They Moufs".

Boatwright said it?

Oh my, my fault.

Flawless glory and dominance regardless :rolleyes:

We moved onto the next game, the Big East title game, then the Final Four.

While UConn's season ended against Providence at home.

Bad taste in our mouths indeed.

Boatwright said it?

Oh my, my fault.

Flawless glory and dominance regardless :rolleyes:

I think you are getting spun around. Carmelo never said anything like this. Boatright said it, but in a highly negative way about Syracuse during the season. He never said jack about Ennis, nor is he qualified to.

I feel pretty confident that our freshmen can ball, but you have to wonder why the so called experts have them rated so low...
Truly hope this class doesn't turn out to be like the TRob/Mookie/McCroskey nightmare... DNic saved that class only late in his career...
Actually, those guys were higher rated, maybe I'm countering by own argument...

I feel pretty confident that our freshmen can ball, but you have to wonder why the so called experts have them rated so low...
Truly hope this class doesn't turn out to be like the TRob/Mookie/McCroskey nightmare... DNic saved that class only late in his career...
Actually, those guys were higher rated, maybe I'm countering by own argument...

It absolutely will not be like that class. Don't worry about that.