Top BBall Recruits say where NN is going: None chose 'Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Top BBall Recruits say where NN is going: None chose 'Cuse

arbitragegls

All Conference
First, I was going to respond to a thread I saw this morning and it is no longer up...wonder why?
More importantly, about a dozen top players were asked where NN would go to college...nearly all said KY and 1 or 2 said GT...NOT ONE said 'Cuse.

I am wondering why the vote went this way...was it not one of those querried were recruited by 'Cuse; was it not one of those who responded know anything about 'Cuse; is there something going on out there that would have everyone of these prime recruits choose KY or GT over 'Cuse?

Although I do not think any of these kids know where NN will go...nor do I really want any of them at 'Cuse; it is relatively stark that not one would have NN come to 'Cuse. I ask how is that possible; what is the reason; does 'Cuse have a negative aura out in recruit land. Response and your reaction to this may be more important than whether NN comes to 'Cuse or not. What do you think?

11 out of 12 players surveyed were Kentucky players/alums/fans..... Small sample size maybe.

Although I do not think any of these kids know where NN will go...nor do I really want any of them at 'Cuse; it is relatively stark that not one would have NN come to 'Cuse. I ask how is that possible; what is the reason;

None of them want to play against NN and the Orange next year so their vote is based upon wishful thinking. They all have dreams of winning a national championship and know that their championship is a pipe dream if NN comes to 'Cuse.

so here are a few of the top recruits who were asked where NN is going:

Matt Jones DeSoto (DeSoto, Texas), 2013, SG
Committed to: Duke
Jabari Parker Simeon (Chicago), 2013, SF
Mitch McGary Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, N.H.), 2012, F
Signed to: Michigan
Rasheed Sulaimon Strake Jesuit (Houston), 2012, SG
Signed to: Duke
Rodney Purvis Upper Room Christian Academy (Raleigh, N.C.), 2012, SG
Signed to: N.C. State
Wayne Selden Tilton (N.H.), 2014, SG
Undecided

So none going to KY, several to ACC...and none chose 'Cuse as school for NN...just thought this should have been added to my initial post

Believe me, if syracuse was pumping out one and dones the last 3 years like uk has than they would all say us, its the easy answer and requires the least amount of thinking, not surprising to me really

None of this matters. This board is going to have an incredible meltdown between about 5 people if Nerlens doesn't come here and it's going to be ugly.

So admins, any update on that dislike button?

Seriously, you're suggesting these kids are saying UK because they all have a personal vendetta against Syracuse?

Next thing you know there will be footage of them putting lipstick on and crossing Billy Madison off their lists.

They're saying UK because most of them would pick UK if they had the chance.

Plenty of discussion on this topic today with a wide range of opinions. I'm concerned that we are out of the running for NN mainly because I believe Wayne Selden and Mitch McGary saying thta Noel is going UK says a lot. Selden is his teammate at Tilton and McGary is from that area too and knows Noel very well. Also the comments from those that were with him when he was watching Kentucky play Louisville. I hope he goes to CUSE but I have lowered my expectations to the point where I won't be disappointed. I also believe potential NCAA sanctions hurt us in his decision making.

Did this really need its own thread? You know, instead of being added to one of the existing threads on this exact same topic?

And there are no potential sanctions against us. None.

Why does every single person feel the need to begin a new thread to voice their opinion?

First, I was going to respond to a thread I saw this morning and it is no longer up...wonder why?
More importantly, about a dozen top players were asked where NN would go to college...nearly all said KY and 1 or 2 said GT...NOT ONE said 'Cuse.

I am wondering why the vote went this way...was it not one of those querried were recruited by 'Cuse; was it not one of those who responded know anything about 'Cuse; is there something going on out there that would have everyone of these prime recruits choose KY or GT over 'Cuse?

Although I do not think any of these kids know where NN will go...nor do I really want any of them at 'Cuse; it is relatively stark that not one would have NN come to 'Cuse. I ask how is that possible; what is the reason; does 'Cuse have a negative aura out in recruit land. Response and your reaction to this may be more important than whether NN comes to 'Cuse or not. What do you think?

It would really blow if we had to put up with McGary or Jabari Parker, among others.

Maybe you should start a new thread voicing your displeasure with this phenomenon.
I'll just hijack every NN thread
Hijack-Car.jpg

Look, I empathize with you all about the load NN stuff on here, but why rip on this OP? Nobody forces us to read or contribute to any specific thread, and it isn't like the OP is one of "those" type of posters who is constantly starting new threads. I think his point was beyond NN, and why Syracuse didn't get mentioned by 1 of these top players, even thought Georgetown did by 2. I'm not claiming the OP "invented" that idea or fire or whatever else, but if you'd rather not discuss how our future recruiting looks, there is no need to mock the OP.

Some of you make me feel like Batman or something. I can be signaled when you shine a likeness of Otto in the night sky. I'm guessing in the day PMs will have to do, even though that's less dramatic.

To the OP: NN, if he has a successful SU experience, could singlehandedly stem the tide that apparently everyone in this thread agrees with you exists to the point they call it obvious. I actually didn't realize we were seen as that bad nationally, but if everyone here said so, it must be true. I think NN's decision is far more important to SU than the other 2 schools, in terms of what comes after NN is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom