Top college basketball announce teams? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top college basketball announce teams?

Their man job is to describe what's happening on the court. For us not to know who fouls are called on and how many the player has is unacceptable. That's also on the whole production team because they didn't have any graphics with that information either for the most part.
The first part I agree with.

The graphics part giving fouls and other common info is fine. BUT, to try and impress us with their graphics department, taking up half the screen, way too many times in the game is horrible.
Didn't you love going back to Zion stats from last year?!
Of course that was still better than listening to Cory Alexander's diarrhea of the mouth.

Q reminded me of my very favorite hoop broadcast team: Keith Jackson and Bill Russell.
NBA, not college -therefore sorry reply slightly off topic.
Jackson was solid as they come and Russell was a great color guy -can still hear his wild cackling!
Great Broadcast Team.

After last night’s chit show who are people’s favorite announce duos for college basketball.
My favorite all time team is Sean McDonough, Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery.
Them doing the 6OT game made that broadcast even better.

The best current team is Dan Shulman and Jay Bilas.
Beyond Jason Benetti and Dan Dakich I don’t think ESPN has another decent duo.

Ian Eagle and Bill Raftery is an excellent pair as well.

My point is ESPN needs to fix their pairings.
I agree with everything you said

I'm sure it's been discussed, but why did we get that announcing team? Did this game have such little national pizzazz that we got an ACC Network duo in the 8pm ESPN slot?

Also, I want to feel like they're having fun watching a game and talking about it.

Looking at you, Billy Packer, the most miserable announcer ever.

Elmore, too.

I like the same as you all have mentioned - McD, Raf, Eagle, Bilas, etc.

But the guy I hadn't even thought of his name until he did a game of ours recently again was Brando.

As soon as I heard his voice I was like - that's the dude that did our E8 game against Virginia!

Elite 8 game against Kansas, too, IIRC. Pretty sure he was Al's partner for a few years. I've always liked Tim.

Elite 8 game against Kansas, too, IIRC. Pretty sure he was Al's partner for a few years. I've always liked Tim.
Tim Ryan and Al McGuire did the 1996 West regional games.
I do think Brando is solid on PBP but when he was with Gminski last week it wasn't a good broadcast. Mainly because of Gminski. Brando was very complementary of our improvements this year during that Clemson game but Gminski kept saying to bring back Dolezaj into the game when he had fouled out 3 minutes ago but the guy wasn't paying attention to the stats.
Brando when he did CBS games with Raftery was solid as well.

In addition to the names already mentioned - I like Kevin Harlan

Some of my favorites both current and past
  • McDonough - Bilas - Raftery
  • McDonough - Dicky V
  • Shulman - Bilas
  • Lundquist - Raftery
  • Gus Johnson
  • Eagle - Raftery
Not a pair but... GUS JOHNSON...GUS JOHNSON!!! Tim Ryan was ok back a few years too.

Has Sean stopped doing games? Haven’t seen him at all this year.

Poor Sean was with Dick Vitale tonight calling the UNC-FSU game.

Tim Ryan and Al McGuire did the 1996 West regional games.
I do think Brando is solid on PBP but when he was with Gminski last week it wasn't a good broadcast. Mainly because of Gminski. Brando was very complementary of our improvements this year during that Clemson game but Gminski kept saying to bring back Dolezaj into the game when he had fouled out 3 minutes ago but the guy wasn't paying attention to the stats.
Brando when he did CBS games with Raftery was solid as well.
Yes, but Brando had Goodine playing for Clemson two different times even though he wasn't even on the floor.

I’m a huge Dakich fan and he doesn’t do Cuse games but you’re a miserable person if you don’t love Walton
Dan Dakich has done several Syracuse games this year. Most if not all of them have been home games so maybe you are at those games so you haven't heard Dakich this year. He does a great job analyzing the game and telling interesting stories.

Dan Dakich has done several Syracuse games this year. Most if not all of them have been home games so maybe you are at those games so you haven't heard Dakich this year. He does a great job analyzing the game and telling interesting stories.
Ya I’m a big fan of Dakich - sometimes he’s over the top but overall he’s really good and works well with Bennetti

He was talking about Bill Walton not doing our games. Just worded a bit awkwardly.

Their man job is to describe what's happening on the court. For us not to know who fouls are called on and how many the player has is unacceptable. That's also on the whole production team because they didn't have any graphics with that information either for the most part.

tim brando has fallen off the face of the earth. its shocking how bad he has become.

And gminske makes him worse.

My favorite announcers are the ones that I don't even think about while I'm watching the game. Bilas adds some great depth of analysis, and of course Bill Walton... well, that's a special category. I watch a Walton/Pasch game with the intention of listening to their antics with some basketball happening in the background.

Can't stand Dakich. He just always seems like he's in disarray and trying too hard to be edgy.

My favorite announcers are the ones that I don't even think about while I'm watching the game. Bilas adds some great depth of analysis, and of course Bill Walton... well, that's a special category. I watch a Walton/Pasch game with the intention of listening to their antics with some basketball happening in the background.

Can't stand Dakich. He just always seems like he's in disarray and trying too hard to be edgy.
I always wonder what people that don't like the Grateful Dead think about Bill Walton. Not sure if you are a Dead fan, but I would think those ramblings would get annoying if you're not a fan.

I always wonder what people that don't like the Grateful Dead think about Bill Walton. Not sure if you are a Dead fan, but I would think those ramblings would get annoying if you're not a fan.
I'm ambivalent towards the Grateful Dead, but I do find his constant references to the group amusing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom