Trevor Bauer | Syracusefan.com

Trevor Bauer

Zelda Zonk

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Tourney Record
Should any team sign him?

I've read only a bit about his case. I must have missed some stuff, so help me understand.

I'm not campaigning for him, nor defending him, nor advocating for him, but what i've seen indicates that all of his 'abhorrent' behavior occurred with women who encouraged/requested (at least parts of) it, and continued in the relationships with him, through the multiples of those incidents. I read that one woman said she had been choked to unconsciousness "a dozen or so" times. Which begs the question: how were those practices allowed to continue?

I hope this doesn't come across as victim blaming, but at what point does the 'victim' have a responsibility to stop activity they deem unwanted?

Bauer seems to have also demonstrated by showing communications of the women's request for/interest in the various acts. And those relationships persisted over multiple years.

So, call him a sicko, or a s---ual deviant or whatever, but doesn't that mean the women are the same? If the issue is that he often went even further than what they thought they were getting into... how many times can you go back for more without endorsing that same action?

Does this end his career? The guy was a Cy winner very recently. Talent shouldn't eclipse morality, but who is judging the morality here? Seems more like teams are avoidant simply because of the optics and they're wary of attaching their brand to something unseemly, despite it not having been recognized as illegal. No charges were pressed and i think restraining orders were released.

Deshaun Watson now has an NFL contract, after multiple incidents of unwanted advances, with people with whom he was not in intimate relationships. What is the difference? That Bauer's were more 'violent?' Again, though, that violence was consensual at most levels. '

Thoughts?

Should any team sign him?

I've read only a bit about his case. I must have missed some stuff, so help me understand.

I'm not campaigning for him, nor defending him, nor advocating for him, but what i've seen indicates that all of his 'abhorrent' behavior occurred with women who encouraged/requested (at least parts of) it, and continued in the relationships with him, through the multiples of those incidents. I read that one woman said she had been choked to unconsciousness "a dozen or so" times. Which begs the question: how were those practices allowed to continue?

I hope this doesn't come across as victim blaming, but at what point does the 'victim' have a responsibility to stop activity they deem unwanted?

Bauer seems to have also demonstrated by showing communications of the women's request for/interest in the various acts. And those relationships persisted over multiple years.

So, call him a sicko, or a s---ual deviant or whatever, but doesn't that mean the women are the same? If the issue is that he often went even further than what they thought they were getting into... how many times can you go back for more without endorsing that same action?

Does this end his career? The guy was a Cy winner very recently. Talent shouldn't eclipse morality, but who is judging the morality here? Seems more like teams are avoidant simply because of the optics and they're wary of attaching their brand to something unseemly, despite it not having been recognized as illegal. No charges were pressed and i think restraining orders were released.

Deshaun Watson now has an NFL contract, after multiple incidents of unwanted advances, with people with whom he was not in intimate relationships. What is the difference? That Bauer's were more 'violent?' Again, though, that violence was consensual at most levels. '

Thoughts?
I think the difference between Watson and Bauer is that nobody in baseball likes Bauer, he’s universally hated, rape or no rape.

It’s an interesting question. In the current climate, once accused of very toxic / violent behavior against women, is there any coming back from it even if essentially exonerated? In Bauers case, the answer seems to be no. I find this troubling. If you can’t get a job in your area of expertise because you were simply accused of something untrue, that is a real problem.

I think the reason being because people will always hold that small percentage chance in their mind against you that you did actually do it.

Deserves its own thread.

This is absolutely crazy. What a terrible, terrible woman.

That’s a an interesting video. I’d prefer to see the actual texts, not the “Body” versions. What is that? Legal transcripts? Why “body?”

So, some questions still remain. That one opportunist **** is just one case. How did she get the idea about being ‘choked out’ as a means to her end? There was a history with Bauer and other women, right? She was operating on his m.o.?

If everything he says in this video is true, why would the Dodgers have given up on him so easily? As Frank Costanza said, “Somethin’s missing!”

That’s a an interesting video. I’d prefer to see the actual texts, not the “Body” versions. What is that? Legal transcripts? Why “body?”

So, some questions still remain. That one opportunist **** is just one case. How did she get the idea about being ‘choked out’ as a means to her end? There was a history with Bauer and other women, right? She was operating on his m.o.?

If everything he says in this video is true, why would the Dodgers have given up on him so easily? As Frank Costanza said, “Somethin’s missing!”
Because the “optics”. That’s what happens these days many times. Cut now and figure out later.

Because the “optics”. That’s what happens these days many times. Cut now and figure out later.
That was a significant loss—financially, competitively—for “optics.” On the other side, in the same town, the Clippers just signed Josh Primo who was released by the Spurs for having serially exposed himself to various female team personnel. I think I read he did it 9 times to the psychologist working with him(?). Clippers brass say they talked to a bunch of women in their organization to clear the way for the signing. Bizarre.

That was a significant loss—financially, competitively—for “optics.” On the other side, in the same town, the Clippers just signed Josh Primo who was released by the Spurs for having serially exposed himself to various female team personnel. I think I read he did it 9 times to the psychologist working with him(?). Clippers brass say they talked to a bunch of women in their organization to clear the way for the signing. Bizarre.
The Primo signing is not going over well with Clippers Nation. Also, what Peyton Manning did to that trainer at Tennessee is much worse and most of the world acts like it never happened.

Attachment-1.gif

How about the other three woman? Were they all lying whores as well? Truth be told, I have no idea. Just like everyone else that wasn't there. I have said this before, I don't have a friend that hasn't had a woman tell a terrible lie about them. None were of sexual abuse but still. But none of them have had 4 woman tell the same lie.

How about the other three woman? Were they all lying whores as well? Truth be told, I have no idea. Just like everyone else that wasn't there. I have said this before, I don't have a friend that hasn't had a woman tell a terrible lie about them. None were of sexual abuse but still. But none of them have had 4 woman tell the same lie.
But that seems to be the case.

Trevor is innocent.

The Primo signing is not going over well with Clippers Nation. Also, what Peyton Manning did to that trainer at Tennessee is much worse and most of the world acts like it never happened.
Is there any evidence of that other than her complaint?
My many years of family court and criminal litigation have jaundiced me in he said she said cases.

Is there any evidence of that other than her complaint?
My many years of family court and criminal litigation have jaundiced me in he said she said cases.
Funny, you’re not asking the same question about Primo.

But that seems to be the case.

Trevor is innocent.
When the judge did not grant her an Order of Protection on the case with those types of allegations, you knew there were all kinds of problems with the complaining witness.

By body, he might mean no identifying items like phone number, etc.

Who? I am unfamiliar with that matter. (BTW, I always ask that question)
It’s mentioned right here in the thread.

Last edited:
How many of your friends had $60 million in the bank or whatever it is that Bauer has?...But MeToo.

How many of your friends had $60 million in the bank or whatever it is that Bauer has?...But MeToo.
So, you are saying that because he has 60 million in the bank, that means that all 4 woman lied about him? I have no idea what the truth is here, and neither do you or anyone that wasn't there. But when 4 different woman tell a similar story, it does make you wonder.

So, you are saying that because he has 60 million in the bank, that means that all 4 woman lied about him? I have no idea what the truth is here, and neither do you or anyone that wasn't there. But when 4 different woman tell a similar story, it does make you wonder.
I am saying that the presumption of innocence ALWAYS makes sense- even if multiple woman accuse a man- until their accusations are PROVEN...I hope Bauer can sue major league baseball.

It makes me think 4 women saw 15MM each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom