Truthfully... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Truthfully...

I understand the player not doing it, but if the club buys them why can't they sell them. What's the diff between club and individual that donates 1 dollar to athletics? Sorry I'm prob missing something obvious.

I would guess that some (or most) schools offer tickets to local alumni groups before offering them to the general public, so it could be an access issue.

I would guess that some (or most) schools offer tickets to local alumni groups before offering them to the general public, so it could be an access issue.
Nope they do not give us tickets first.
And the reasons I gave you were not speculation or my guessing. This was told to us by the Syracuse University Athletic Compliance Department. It is so that we do not accidentally sell them to a player or a potential player. Period. That would be an NCAA violation.
I just posted this to give you some examples of the types of things we learned at our meetings. Compliance comes in and speaks to us for a reason. They are trying to cover all of their bases. They have come to our meetings for years, every year. Each year I learn about new potential violations that we could be responsible for. The purpose of my posting this was to give you the vast amount of things that compliance needs to worry about. It is not just about the players and the coaches. There is a whole world out there that they need to police and monitor. I can see how mistakes can be made or things can slip through.

yeah, IIRC, Hart was part of a three-way tug of war between SU, UCLA and UNLV

Wasn't DeShaun Williams a top 35-ish player?

Ya, I think he was the next highest-rated player. 40-45 range.

Edit: 46: http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/recruit_rankings_1999.html

A talented recruit, for sure. With a decent head on his shoulders and a real strength and conditioning program, he'd have been one of our all-time best scorers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom