Tulane Warm Up | Syracusefan.com

Tulane Warm Up

General20

Basketball Maven
Tulane was a pretty athletic team with a knack for slowing the game down and junking it up with overly physical play . . . just like Seton Hall. For that reason they will be a great warm up for Seton Hall.

They did not attack us as hard or as effectively as Seton Hall will, but they did shoot very well (though they hit two straight threes against our walk-on's to make their percentages look better).

The bottom line of the Tulane game is this, when we are generating good shots and hitting them the way we did against Tulane, we are not losing to anybody. Tulane didn't have much of a chance.

The only other thing I will say is Carter-Williams comes off screens like a cannon ball and attacks the basket very effectively. Has anybody noticed how good Carter -Williams and Southerland have looked together on pick and rolls? With Southerland's length and ability to pick and pop, and Carter-Williams ability to drive the lane, pass, and finish in a variety of ways, they have the potential to execute NBA quality pick and rolls. I love watching it.

Has anybody noticed how good Carter -Williams and Southerland have looked together on pick and rolls? With Southerland's length and ability to pick and pop, and Carter-Williams ability to drive the lane, pass, and finish in a variety of ways, they have the potential to execute NBA quality pick and rolls. I love watching it.
I would expect that to be a regular feature of the 2012-13 offense, so you are really going to love next year (not that you aren't enjoying this season).

I've been thinking about a line up of Carter-Williams - Cooney - Southerland - Christmas - Coleman next year. Not that those will be our starters or even our five best players, but I love how the skills of those five guys match up. That line up has Cooney and Southerland to spread the D out wide and allow Carter-Williams to drive the lane and set up the low post scoring of Christmas and Coleman. It also has length and athleticism in bunches. It has the potential to be a balanced offensive team as well as a great defensive and great rebounding team.

yea, I have a feeling Christmas is going to make a huge leap next year. I think with a year practicing with this bunch, he is going to develop his offensive game very quickly and really surprise people on that end of the floor next season.

yea, I have a feeling Christmas is going to make a huge leap next year. I think with a year practicing with this bunch, he is going to develop his offensive game very quickly and really surprise people on that end of the floor next season.

It must be hard to be so much better then your other high school team mates during practice. Then come to SU and everyone is better then you. It has to be a great help with your game but it must take time to get use to. These guys all have to go up against each other and JB said that he puts in the walk on's so they can run stuff and learn it because the 2nd team is to tough to learn against... That is a stacked team. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom