Tweets Not Posting | Syracusefan.com

Tweets Not Posting

UpstateSM

First to Surmise Dakota Leffew Would Be Orange
When I link a tweet it only posts as a hyperlink instead of showing the actual tweet. Anyway to fix that?

don't use x.com. Use the Twitter url.

Last edited:
Here's is an oddity...

If I post a tweet from my desktop at home, it comes out like this...

1/2

But since Elon took over and changed the name from "twitter" to "x", if I try to post the same tweet from the "x" app on my phone, it comes out like this...

Must be the website doesn't recognize "x" as legitimate media?

2/2

Looks like musk has x .com urls forwarded to Twitter.com. I don't use the app, only a browser.

I tried auto correcting x .com to twitter.com. Doesn't work.

Did you get the x .com url from the app?

Last edited:
Looks like musk has x .com urls forwarded to Twitter.com. I don't use the app, only a browser.

I tried auto correcting x .com to twitter.com. Doesn't work.

Did you get the x .com url from the app?

I only get the x .com url from the app on my iphone or ipad.

On my desktop they still come up twitter.com. For now.

Musk needs a boot to the head.

Is it possible to have "x.com" translated to "twitter.com" in the script? Or add "x.com" added to the list of accepted media?

Just blue-skying here...

Is it possible to have "x.com" translated to "twitter.com" in the script? Or add "x.com" added to the list of accepted media?

Just blue-skying here...

If you copypaste from the App and change the “x” to Twitter in the url it will embed. It won’t work if you copy from the web though. This has been my experience thus far anyway.

If you copypaste from the App and change the “x” to Twitter in the url it will embed. It won’t work if you copy from the web though. This has been my experience thus far anyway.
Works for me copy from the web.

Different settings somewhere, probably.

Hey Admin, I'm not sure when the transition happened, but at some point we went from being able to share Twitter/X tweets or posts or whatever X calls them as the full image link, to now being just a text link. Is there anyway to bypass that? Is it just something that needs to be? I've found myself actually just taking a screen shot of a tweet/post & sharing it vs. using an actual link.

Just wondering if that will change in the future, if I'm missing how to properly post them, etc. If there is a way for me to post them properly, let me know!

You have to manually change “ x.com” to “twitter.com”

Hey Admin, I'm not sure when the transition happened, but at some point we went from being able to share Twitter/X tweets or posts or whatever X calls them as the full image link, to now being just a text link. Is there anyway to bypass that? Is it just something that needs to be? I've found myself actually just taking a screen shot of a tweet/post & sharing it vs. using an actual link.

Just wondering if that will change in the future, if I'm missing how to properly post them, etc. If there is a way for me to post them properly, let me know!

This may help. :)

xenforo's next incremental update should fix what musk screwed up. Hopefully will be ready/stable by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom