Twitter chat wiith Desko ... 2:30 PM today. | Syracusefan.com

Twitter chat wiith Desko ... 2:30 PM today.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
575033_10151469546587276_626775960_n.jpg

Q: Besides the Dome, What Field/Venue do you enjoy taking your teams too?
A: MetLife Stadium is always great... we are going to PPL Park in Philly to play St. John's this year. We're used to the Dome, a major facility, & you get a chance 2 go 2 the pro venues, which most people only see on TV, it's pretty cool.

Q: How much do you dislike Hopkins?
A: I think actually there's quite a bit of respect for John's Hopkins becasue of the great traditions at both programs ... Both teams rasie their level for the game. It's 2 storied schools with a great winning tradition.

Q: What is your most memorable moment as a head coach at SU?
A: Probably the championship vs. Cornell in '09. All the championships are special; the way we came from behind is what makes it memorable.

Q: What teams are you looking forward to playing most in the ACC?
A: Well, we've been playing Virginia & Duke, so to play UNC & Maryland will be different... We've scrimmaged early against Maryland... You look forward to playing all of them, but the new one will be north carolina that we haven't played against in a long time.

Q: what is your best advice for a starting college team?
A: Recruit well.

Q: What were the Def adjustments you made before/during the Albany Game for the Thompson Family?
A: The whole game was an adjustment b/c we didn't have any reports or film on them before... we were constantly changing during the game... ...Mostly switching our assignments defenstively and trying to come down with our midfielders and slide down to their close attack.

Q: How much would it help the team to get more involvement from Otto's Army and maybe Sour Sitrus?
A: I think it would be great. The students bring a lot of energy into events at the Dome. That can only help our team.

Q: Ric Beardsley@UncleRickyBeast Coach D, who was your favorite Dman to coach throughout your coaching career @ Syracuse? (Hint, say the right person)
A: All I can say is his initials were R.B.

Q: what does a normal practice consist of?
A: We usually start with a stretch & warm-ups, drills that pertain to the O & D strategy going into the next game, try to finish w/scrimmaging.

Q: What's the main focus for you going forward this season?
A: Well, just to keep getting better, and focusing on the opponent that's next in line. We felt our defense really improved from Albany to the Army game. Offense played well in both games, but a lower scoring game against army.. ...We felt we needed to shoot a little better. We're going to concentrate on shooting, but we want to keep getting better in all aspects.

Q: Out of all the years you've coached, what was your favorite year?
A: That's a very difficult question. Probably 1983 comes to mind, b/c that was our first national championship. I had 2 brothers on the team... ...There are a lot of teams that are capable of winning a championship; until you win that first one, you don't really know what it takes.

Q: Who do you think will be your biggest threat this year?
A: I think everybody-lacrosse has gotten so competitive. High school level lax is exploding, & there's so many more recruits out there ...All these schools are getting their fair share of players. That's made college lacrosse more competitive across the board.

Q: What do you like to do when you aren't coaching?
A: The profession is so time-consuming, w/recruiting in summer & fall, fall practices rolling into spring practice & games, running lacrosse camps, team tournaments in the summertime. It's basically 7 days a week, esp. during season. Takes a lot of time away from your family... I try to spend as much time with my family in the down time.

Q: Do you think there should be a shot clock in lacrosse?
A: All the rule changes that have been put in place this year... leaves a lot of responsibility on the shoulders of the officials... A shot clock, like what basketball has had for years, would make it much easier for the officials, players, and fans.

Q: Have you seen an improvement in recruits in the Syracuse area with the success of your program?
A: Central NY has always been one of the hotbeds for high school lax. Not that long ago, it was just Central NY, Long Island, & Baltimore... ... I think that lately the level of lacrosse has been consistent in this area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom