Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis

More likely is that he could come up in trade rumors but ends up just being in the D-League until Bledsoe inevitably gets hurt/they let Bledsoe or Dragic go (Dragic is a FA after this season I believe).

More likely is that he could come up in trade rumors but ends up just being in the D-League until Bledsoe inevitably gets hurt/they let Bledsoe or Dragic go (Dragic is a FA after this season I believe).

[insert "Not Sure if Serious?" Joker meme here]

[insert "Not Sure if Serious?" Joker meme here]

What part of that comes off as a joke? He's best-case their #4 PG on the team. He's almost guaranteed to start out in the D-League and play there until someone gets hurt or let go. They could potentially swing him elsewhere in a trade, but it depends on what a team is willing to offer Phoenix to get him. Most likely, they could have gotten more for him before they re-signed Bledsoe. Teams generally don't beat down the door to trade their assets for a a guy that can't get NBA minutes on his current team, and considering how flooded the NBA is with quality PGs, Phoenix is probably better off just hanging onto him, letting the situation with Dragic/Bledsoe/Isaiah play out, and then seeing what happens with Ennis in the aftermath.

Dragic is a FA next summer, and you can probably play Bledsoe at the 2 in some lineups, so you could have Thomas/Bledsoe/Tyler rotating if/when dragic leaves.

I've been told by the Suns staff that he will not be traded. But this was before Bledsoe finally signed. Maybe "d" the league. But that seems to be the place all players disappear from.
I've got a meet and greet set up for the Knick's game in the spring. Let's hope for a few sprained ankles from the other guards at around that time!! Otherwise he will be in Bakersfield and we will all have a meet and greet with no one.

I don't give a hoot about NBA basketball, and not that he should show any loyalty -- but such a decision would be made by Sean McDonough's brother, no?

What part of that comes off as a joke? He's best-case their #4 PG on the team. He's almost guaranteed to start out in the D-League and play there until someone gets hurt or let go. They could potentially swing him elsewhere in a trade, but it depends on what a team is willing to offer Phoenix to get him. Most likely, they could have gotten more for him before they re-signed Bledsoe. Teams generally don't beat down the door to trade their assets for a a guy that can't get NBA minutes on his current team, and considering how flooded the NBA is with quality PGs, Phoenix is probably better off just hanging onto him, letting the situation with Dragic/Bledsoe/Isaiah play out, and then seeing what happens with Ennis in the aftermath.

So you blow a first round draft pick on a PG who you are just going to dump into the D-League? Tyler would have been better off staying here. If they put him in the D-League, I'll be shocked.

Tyler and Jerami wouldn't listen. Good luck to them.

Well they listened, but it was to the siren song of those who convinced them they were wasting there time at the 'Cuse.

So you blow a first round draft pick on a PG who you are just going to dump into the D-League? Tyler would have been better off staying here. If they put him in the D-League, I'll be shocked.

Didn't PHX do the same with Kendall Marshall? Now he's on the Lakers and doing well.

He was one of three 1st round picks for Phoenix, and they already had a deep team to begin with. Like I said, the best case scenario for him right now is that he's their #4 PG. He could end up wearing a suit and tie on the bench for them, or be playing major minutes in the D-League. My guess is that they'll opt for the D-League until they need him so that he can get playing time.

Didn't PHX do the same with Kendall Marshall? Now he's on the Lakers and doing well.

He's actually on the Milwaukee Bucks now as likely their #2 or 3 PG.

He's actually on the Milwaukee Bucks now as likely their #2 or 3 PG.

Nice. Had no idea. I guess either Milwaukee or Minnesota can be considered a basketball graveyard where you disappear.

PeteCalvin said:

It's not like he was a top 15 pick, if he doesn't do a thing in the NBA for the rest of his life you can't even call it a bust.

I'm guessing they picked him because they thought they could trade him to Toronto for their pick + and it didn't pan out.

It's not like he was a top 15 pick, if he doesn't do a thing in the NBA for the rest of his life you can't even call it a bust.

I'm guessing they picked him because they thought they could trade him to Toronto for their pick + and it didn't pan out.

Or maybe they actually liked him, and went best player available.

Not all NBA teams make selections based upon team need. Phoenix is deep in the backcourt, so the conventional wisdom is that they should have drafted another position. But if Ennis was the best player on their board, then taking him is strategically smart. Injuries happen, players get traded or leave via free agency, so drafting someone like Ennis--especially since he probably needs some developmental time--could be for them looking 2 or 3 years down the road [just pulling that out of thin air--I have no idea what their salary cap situation is, how long players are under contract, etc.].

RF2044 said:
Or maybe they actually liked him, and went best player available. Not all NBA teams make selections based upon team need. Phoenix is deep in the backcourt, so the conventional wisdom is that they should have drafted another position. But if Ennis was the best player on their board, then taking him is strategically smart. Injuries happen, players get traded or leave via free agency, so drafting someone like Ennis--especially since he probably needs some developmental time--could be for them looking 2 or 3 years down the road [just pulling that out of thin air--I have no idea what their salary cap situation is, how long players are under contract, etc.].

It could be that too, and I'm not even saying he wasn't, but best player available and the value of that player is different in this case. If I'm another team I would have to LOVE Ennis to trade for him because I'm not giving anything of value for a guy who may be 4th on the depth chart of any team.

Also keep in mind that at the time they drafted him; they hadn't acquired Thomas as a free agent, an d they didn't know where they were with Bledsoe. Plus Dragic is a FA next summer. The backcourt turned out to be loaded but i don't think it was clear it was gonna be that way at the time.

they both have aptitudes to be all ba defense type players. the have a lot of work to catch up. good luck to both

You folks do realize that his guaranteed contract pays him the same whether he's on the Suns roster or chewing up minutes in the d-league, right?

And you realize that nobody gets rich off the rookie contract anymore, right? It's all about getting to the second contract.

Also keep in mind that at the time they drafted him; they hadn't acquired Thomas as a free agent, an d they didn't know where they were with Bledsoe. Plus Dragic is a FA next summer. The backcourt turned out to be loaded but i don't think it was clear it was gonna be that way at the time.
that Thomas signing is still a head scratcher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom