Tyler Lydon can shoot the ball and provide athleticism at forward | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon can shoot the ball and provide athleticism at forward

Biggest need before he gets to Syracuse is to add 20lbs.

I can't remember who used the Chandler Parson's comparison on this board but it seems spot on

I remember when the story broke, the article compared his game to Parsons, and the first comment was "do wet really need another Matt Gorman?"

Syracuse.com, everybody.

I remember when the story broke, the article compared his game to Parsons, and the first comment was "do wet really need another Matt Gorman?"

Syracuse.com, everybody.
Hahaha chandler parsons was SEC POY his senior year... Whoever said that is insane

If he were from Baltimore or NYC then I would be excited. But we need to see how well he does against faster more athletic players.
Agree 100% - small school players take longer to produce compared to players who play at national high schools or prep schools and are use to playing high level competition

After watching a ton of NCAAT games I am in awe of how many teams had a tall white kid that based on the look test you wouldn't think the kid should be on the floor with these Mickey D atheletes. Then the tall kid starts knocking down threes makes great passes, doesn't turn the ball over etc. And so I say this kid wasn't even in the top 100 where did he come from? I hope the next kid I see like that is from New England and he's weaing Orange!

After watching a ton of NCAAT games I am in awe of how many teams had a tall white kid that based on the look test you wouldn't think the kid should be on the floor with these Mickey D atheletes. Then the tall kid starts knocking down threes makes great passes, doesn't turn the ball over etc. And so I say this kid wasn't even in the top 100 where did he come from? I hope the next kid I see like that is from New England and he's weaing Orange!

I was just going to post something similar but you said it much better than I would have.

Can he play defense?
Check this out. Actually like these highlights better. I think some people are going to enjoy this kid for the 4 years we have him. I already love his game and he's only going to get better.

If he were from Baltimore or NYC then I would be excited. But we need to see how well he does against faster more athletic players.
What's wrong where he's playing at? Remember MCW was up around that way too and if I recall he turned out to be pretty good.

Biggest need before he gets to Syracuse is to add 20lbs.
According to the comments, he has grown an inch and put on 10-15 lbs since that video.

What's wrong where he's playing at? Remember MCW was up around that way too and if I recall he turned out to be pretty good.

Did I say there was something "wrong" with where he's playing. What I implied was players from major cities like Baltimore and NYC tend to be faster and stronger. You can disagree with my opinion and think players from Pine Plains NY are better than players from NYC or Baltimore.

As I said, before I get excited about Lydon I would like to see how he does against stronger faster players he will face at the college level. Lydon reminds me of Cooney. Cooney also looked great in the highlight videos but it took a year and extra hard conditioning before he was able to compete.

I would bet his ranking probably goes up even further his senior year. He is going to be a good one.

"His niche is his ability to shoot the ball from long range and stretch opposing defenses from the four position, but he's more versatile than he appears at first glance with deceptive bounce and surprising effectiveness on the glass. His strength and conditioning has come a long way"

"Lydon's shot looks effortless from as deep as 23 feet, and his follow-through is textbook. Even better, his release is fairly quick and thus he's able to fire away versus aggressive close-outs. Moreover, he's comfortable from the elbow and short baseline, areas that are foreign to many other stretch fourmen. He's also very mobile, though not especially explosive. His primary obstacle is a severe lack of strength."

"Depdending on how much strength he adds and the further development of his game, Lydon could end up as a big three or a highly skilled four man with ball skills. He shoots the ball very well with range, is crafty along the baseline and doesn't lack for toughness. However, his current lack of strength causes him problems at times."

"“My strength, obviously, I’m too skinny,” Lydon said of what he needs to improve on. “I want to work on my ball-handling and shooting, but I want to improve on everything right now, so I’m just going to be in the gym all day working at it.”

Did I say there was something "wrong" with where he's playing. What I implied was players from major cities like Baltimore and NYC tend to be faster and stronger. You can disagree with my opinion and think players from Pine Plains NY are better than players from NYC .

Where would Syracuse basketball be without all those impact players we've recruited over the past decade out of New York City?

Dave85 said:
Did I say there was something "wrong" with where he's playing. What I implied was players from major cities like Baltimore and NYC tend to be faster and stronger. You can disagree with my opinion and think players from Pine Plains NY are better than players from NYC or Baltimore.

As I said, before I get excited about Lydon I would like to see how he does against stronger faster players he will face at the college level. Lydon reminds me of Cooney. Cooney also looked great in the highlight videos but it took a year and extra hard conditioning before he was able to compete.

He played in the NEPSAC this year

Where would Syracuse basketball be without all those impact players we've recruited over the past decade out of New York City?

Are you agreeing with me?