Tyus Battle-1st career start | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle-1st career start

They have to defend his three-pointer now, so that should open up his drives for him.

You would think so, but he settles for jump shots way too easily. He has the ability to blow by people on the wing. Great players learn to work their game from the inside out. He will learn.

No, not either way.
Dominate = verb
Dominant (the word you meant to use) = adjective

I meant either way, none of those players were dominate or dominant.

That's a very blanket statement, I don't think anybody has said that but there seems to be more issues with development than there have been in the past.

Silent G could barely bounce a ball when he got here and is getting some NBA money now.

The one thing we really do well is develop kids if they have the patience to stick around. JB has taken all sorts of projects through the years and made them into high performing D1 players.

Silent G could barely bounce a ball when he got here and is getting some NBA money now.

This is just crazy. 29th ranked recruit, recruited by Duke, brought in here. YET, could barely bounce a ball until our staff got a hold of him.

Going through recruiting threads of him when he announced he was transferring and reading his recruiting profile there is nothing backing up your statement that "could barely bounce a ball when he got here". If it was that easy of a magic trick to turn a loser into a NBA prospect we'd have a hell of a lot more than one national championship.

I hope the same. Those two are the best options we have up top in the zone. I do disagree with them not being quick. With Frank, I'm just not sure he is as comfortable as we'd like, and I don't think he's as concerned about his defense(a la Devo, Flynn). Tyus though, is extremely quick, and a freak athlete. The more comfortable he gets in the zone, he is really going to shine. People mention his shooting being underrated. I think his defensive potential is in that same boat. Hopefully Frank can do enough to help him.

I hope the same. Those two are the best options we have up top in the zone. I do disagree with them not being quick. With Frank, I'm just not sure he is as comfortable as we'd like, and I don't think he's as concerned about his defense(a la Devo, Flynn). Tyus though, is extremely quick, and a freak athlete. The more comfortable he gets in the zone, he is really going to shine. People mention his shooting being underrated. I think his defensive potential is in that same boat. Hopefully Frank can do enough to help him.

They need minutes up there together and they should be able to figure it out. Gillon is never going to be great but hopefully he can learn it well enough to get a couple of steals a game to counter his lack of height.

They need minutes up there together and they should be able to figure it out. Gillon is never going to be great but hopefully he can learn it well enough to get a couple of steals a game to counter his lack of height.
Yeah, there was a short stretch when, I believe it was Tyus and Gillon in together that they did move well and got back to back steals. Think Gillon is just in his own head right now. He's not nearly as bad a player he's been. He's not an all star, but he should be good for 10 minutes of solid ball eventually(I hope!)

This is just crazy. 29th ranked recruit, recruited by Duke, brought in here. YET, could barely bounce a ball until our staff got a hold of him.

Going through recruiting threads of him when he announced he was transferring and reading his recruiting profile there is nothing backing up your statement that "could barely bounce a ball when he got here". If it was that easy of a magic trick to turn a loser into a NBA prospect we'd have a hell of a lot more than one national championship.

K had no room for him and listen to what JB said when he first arrived.

I would listen to those two guys before a recruiting service.

But if you want to think we don't develop kids (whether they make the NBA or not) that's your call.

You would think so, but he settles for jump shots way too easily. He has the ability to blow by people on the wing. Great players learn to work their game from the inside out. He will learn.
Not arguing but more curious...does he have the blow by ability? That seems the more instinctive part of the game and something that should be more obvious by now. I'm sure you're right but I haven't seen it.

be nice to have a wing who could drive to the basket or step back and drain the 3. watching moten and david johnson this am. dual threats.

For all those that think Battle is gone he's not on the draftexpress mock draft. I trust that site way more than nbadraft.net. I understand that it could completely change in 6 months.

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

I remember seeing the same exact posts with Malachi in the post instead of Battle. I ain't taking the word of any you guys.

I remember seeing the same exact posts with Malachi in the post instead of Battle. I ain't taking the word of any you guys.

Fair enough, but I think it's relevant to see how he performs against the players ahead of him on that list.

Fair enough, but I think it's relevant to see how he performs against the players ahead of him on that list.

Of course!

I wasn't trying to call you out personally, but I'm sure you realize you were who I was thinking of when I posted that.

I don't blame you, I blame the NBA and it's insistence on stealing from college hoops based on potential.

Of course!

I wasn't trying to call you out personally, but I'm sure you realize you were who I was thinking of when I posted that.

I don't blame you, I blame the NBA and it's insistence on stealing from college hoops based on potential.

Mal made the NBA off of basically one great 10min stretch in a high profile game against a very good defender. He was able to show that he could shoot, drive and slash. Granted he was always on the NBA's radar but it seems that is all it takes anymore. I tend to agree with the scouts that he has very nice upside and size offensively to be a 2G in the NBA for a long time but the system doesn't seem to serve the NBA, players of college as well as it could. I don't like forcing guys to play one season in college. Let them go to the NBA, let the NBA take the risk and make kids that go to college stay 2 seasons or something like that before being eligible for the draft.

Mal made the NBA off of basically one great 10min stretch in a high profile game against a very good defender. He was able to show that he could shoot, drive and slash. Granted he was always on the NBA's radar but it seems that is all it takes anymore. I tend to agree with the scouts that he has very nice upside and size offensively to be a 2G in the NBA for a long time but the system doesn't seem to serve the NBA, players of college as well as it could. I don't like forcing guys to play one season in college. Let them go to the NBA, let the NBA take the risk and make kids that go to college stay 2 seasons or something like that before being eligible for the draft.
Mali was always going to test the waters, even without the NCAAT run. And since he measured and tested well at the combine, he likely would have entered the draft anyway.

People seem to have a hard time with bias and biased also, for some reason.
Bias -noun
Biased - adjective

I was visualizing you throwing your hands in the air after that exchange.
I hate the know-it-all posters on this board who are so bias and try to act all dominate. Your not one of them, but their easy to spot.

I hate the know-it-all posters on this board who are so bias and try to act all dominate. Your not one of them, but their easy to spot.
Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom